PDA

View Full Version : Happy Update 4/17/07 -- Not my cat but still much loved

cassiesmom
03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
My sister-in-law and my nephew had their precious tabby pts yesterday because he had liver disease. Such a sweet, gentle wonderful cat, I can not stop crying... I will miss him so, so much. Love you Churchill. In kitty heaven 3/9/07.

Catty1
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
What was his name? How old was he?

It seems sometimes that the worst things happen to the nicest greatest cats...they must be part angel already...poor baby.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your SIL and nephew.

cassiesmom
03-12-2007, 09:35 AM
When they got him, they already had a bunny (Winston), so they named him Churchill. He's grey tabby and white with a slightly crooked left ear from frostbite. Gives him character. Or it did, I should say. Just the sweetest kitty personality. It was sunny and 60 in Chicago yesterday, he would have been out on their screen porch in a heartbeat. He'd snuggle up in your lap and there you'd be. You're not moving till he's good and ready. I cat sat for him in January and took pictures of him being his silly self. My sister-in-law is a teacher so over the summer break they might search out another kitty, when they can be home every day to help it get acclimated. I hope they do. I don't know how old he was, I think 7 or 8.

Medusa
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Churchill. It definitely leaves a void, doesn't it? Here's hoping you feel better soon. RIP, Churchill.

catmandu
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Churchill got to Hawaii just in time to get his wings and join in the Waikiki Block Party where all the restaurants and vendors lay out tables of delicious foods.
Hes in paradise now and will search for places that he and his Guardians can be together and go together to many fun places.
And be together again.
One Fine Day.

kb2yjx
03-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Sleep softly, sweet Churchill...

cassiesmom
03-13-2007, 12:11 PM
could everyone think a good Pet Talk thought for my sister-in-law Kerry today. She is missing her kitty boy in a big way. I hope they decide to adopt another cat.

cassiesmom
03-13-2007, 05:28 PM
---

AvaJoy
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
When the time is right, may Kerry meet (although she may not immediately recognize) Churchill's spirit, living within another deserving kitty in need of love and a home. I am sorry for your grief, but try not to despair and know that Churchill will revisit when least expected, to assure his grieving humans that he also misses you but is now healthy again, frolicking at Rainbow Bridge. Blessings to you and Kerry during this difficult time, and be alert for subtle signs from your beloved Churchill.

cassiesmom
03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey PT community, just a question ... Churchie was fed Iams dry on a daily basis ... should I be worried that his organ failure was related to this enormous recall? Is there wheat gluten in cat kibble?

cassiesmom
03-21-2007, 11:38 AM
bump because I heard on the news last night that the first law suits have been filed...

Su1
03-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Hi Cassiesmom. First of all I am very sorry for the loss of Churchill.

I am currently feeding my cat Tia on Iams and she is thriving on it. She was always a sickly cat before that and was forever at the Vets. Since she has been on Iams (about two years now) she has not had to go back. I don't think (and certainly hope) that it would have contributed to Churchill's liver problems.

cassiesmom
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
My brother and sister-in-law have a hunch that their cat ingested a store brand of "wet" food that contained contaminated wheat gluten. I miss their sweet cat very much.

Sevaede
03-31-2007, 02:03 AM
R.I.P. darling little kitty :(

cassiesmom
04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
My oldest niece was home for Easter, so my brother and sister-in-law and the kids went to the Chicago Anti-Cruelty Society, just to look (uh-huh). Guess what? A kitten picked them. He reached out his paw to my niece and when she went to him, he tried to give her headbumpies. That was it, like okay, we're done here. His name from his previous family is Milo and he is eight months old. He was neutered on April 9 and came home that day. He's adjusting to "his" family but not too keen on visitors. The verdict: He's as cute as a button! Photos soon, I promise.

I'm sure that Churchill and Catmandu's cat angels had a paw in this!

kb2yjx
04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
WELCOME MILO!!!! O, yes, Churchill had alot to do with getting little Milo a home!!! That is really wonderful news!!!

DrKym
04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
without a doubt! Congrats on the new nephew!

catmandu
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
I think that Churchill Angel was whispering to the Kitten, hey reach out and be cute. Those people were My People and they are Great Cat Lovers.
Come On Milo , heres your chance.
And we are glad that Milo has a Furr Ever Home now and Churchill Angel promises to visit his protege.

phesina
04-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Rest in peace, sweet Churchill, and welcome to your new furrever home, little Milo!

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

cassiesmom
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Churchie, it's a year on Sunday that you're gone. I still miss you. Play at the Bridge and please welcome the new arrivals (Jack and Ginger) as I know you will.

cassiesmom
03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Churchie, it's two years later and I still miss you so very much.

:love: :(
Aunt Elyse

bowlkat
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
WELCOME to Milo!! A perfect way to introduce yourself- and a PERFECT way to honor Churchill's memory and all the love he gave...... by loving another kitty that needed a loving home! Congratulations on what will undoubtedly be one of the best 'decisions' you ever had made for you!! Welcome to a new and wonderful home, Milo- you've got big shoes to fill but you're on your way!