PDA

View Full Version : My Emerald Girl

Russian Blue
01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Nakita%202006/WhiskersPS.jpg
June 9, 2002 – January 6, 2007

When we purchased our house in 2002, I knew I needed a feline companion. On that first day when we brought you home, we opened up your carrier and you immediately ran up Rob’s leg. Unfortunately, you fell straight back to the floor with a *thud*. You were the first feline I had ever met that would retract your claws when they made contact with skin. Not once did we ever receive a scratch. I’m sure your gentle soul could never cause harm to anything. That was the first thing I noticed that was different about you, and the following years would show me so many more.

You made our house a home. You were the first thing I checked on in the morning and the last thing I checked on at night. Whenever I felt misgivings from the outside world, you silenced them and made sure I would focus on what really was important in life. You protected me from the disappointments in the outside world.

Without you, this house is now just a shell. Even the future house renovations seem mute, since we were renovating with your interests in mind. We were going to build special hidden alcoves in the bookcases and other feline only features. And now that I have come back home from laying you to rest, it is so deathly quiet. It really is surreal. The silence is so hard to take and the house seems so foreign to me that I no longer consider this my home.

You had such an impact on everyone who knew you. Everyone always remarked on your brilliant emerald eyes but this made me a little sad. You were so much more than an emerald beauty, you were so much more than a pretty face. You were gentle, graceful, wise, captivating, precious, loving, soulful…..you were so unique…..you were one of a kind.

Many people knew you for your eyes, but I knew you for your heart, compassion and soul. Your eyes held the mysteries of life and every time you looked at me I was instantly drawn into your world. You seemed wise beyond your years, even a secret keeper of the ages. You were very special but I did always feel that your time would not be long on this earth. I never saw you growing old with me, there was always a sense that your time on earth was limited. I think that’s why I took so many pictures - trying to hold on to every moment…… to remember you forever.

When we laid you to rest at the cottage, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. The earth was so cold and unforgiving. It seemed like the last place I should place such a warm spirit that I dearly loved. But now you have a beautiful view facing east, the morning sun will warm you, the quiet shores will calm you and the cedar trees will offer protection. When we woke up the next morning, a layer of white snow covered the landscape and your grave. It almost seemed to be a blanket to protect you from the harshness of the world above.

They say angels tread among us, and if that's true, you were certainly one of them. Your physical stature was so small yet you held the world at attention through your beauty, grace and spirit. It is so hard to meet each new day without you. I’ll admit, I feel like I am breaking down. I know nothing lasts forever, but 4 years was way too short and it now feels like it was over in the blink of an eye. My heart is crushed and even though it may sound like a cliché - I just want to hold you one last time.

My Emerald Girl, please forgive me. I tried so hard to protect you from any pain or sadness in this life. But these last few weeks sent us all scrambling and I didn’t know what to do. You were so frail and it hurt me so deeply when I saw fear/stress in your eyes every time I needed to medicate or feed you. It wasn’t by choice, but out of necessity. I thought I was doing what was right but now I’m wondering if I knew anything at all. On our last morning together, your eyes were so forgiving but so empty. I knew it was time but I still didn’t want to believe it was your time to go. I so wish our last weeks were not so confusing and emotional. You deserved so much more and I am so very angry and hurt that fate dealt you that last hand.

My Emerald Girl, my constant companion, my secret keeper - may love, peace and tranquility follow you – always.

(continued....)

Russian Blue
01-09-2007, 08:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/nakFinal2222.jpg

Nakita of the emerald eyes
Grace unparalleled, pewter coat
And those eyes in which we saw our souls reflected
And the wisdom of ages
And mysteries of the universe
Delicate girl, putting ballerinas to shame
Darling of all who knew you,
Star of your people's hearts forever
Elegance in cat form
Beauty beyond compare
You will stay, twined around the gateposts,
In your mamma's heart always
And your spirit will grace the cottage you loved
And sweet silver hairs are woven into the fabric of life
Wherever your dainty paw prints fell
Pain is now past, and you are, now,
Lending your grace to the Rainbow Bridge
You changed lives down here, enjoy your time up there
And send your mamma and papa little whispers of love
Into their dreams tonight
- Karen Watts

I have received so many messages of condolence and support. I’m so overwhelmed by them and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It’s very hard to get through them since the tears won’t stop flowing. But, I am so glad I was able to share a piece of Nakita with you over the years - through posts and pictures. Right now, if I didn’t have this support, it would be even more unbearable. Thank you to all for reaching out to me and for loving my special little girl. Here are a couple of quotes that summarize the messages and have given me great comfort.

“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away and Nakita truly took my breath away every time with her beauty.”

“Nakita has touched so many hearts here. She was a fairy kitty and I always felt she was not completely from this world.”

“This world seems very empty without The Emerald girl in it. My heart is breaking as if she were my cat……. She will be a shining star in the heavens and she will be waiting patiently for you to come to her.”

“Know in your heart that she is still your shadow, playing at your heels, loving you for loving her so well”

“There are some cats whose beauty and presence are truly too great for this world.”

“You can see that even though we might not have met you or your Nakita, each one of us is feeling your loss because your love for her was so apparent in each of your posts. I can't take away the pain, but I will pray that your hearts will heal quickly.”

“Dear Emerald Nakita, too much beauty to even gaze upon, now more beautiful than ever. Donning the moonlight and the starlight. You are everything that is perfect and right with the world, you brought us all closer together.”

moosmom
01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
RIP beautiful Nakita! I'm am crying buckets at your loss and that of your Meowmie. There will be no one greater than you to fill the void she is grieving for. You've touched many lives in your short years, dear girl. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge and know that you have left a huge void in the Pet Talk community.

RB,

Please know that we are all here for you. :(

Cataholic
01-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I can't even type, Kass. Just know we are all here for you. I will come back later.

Love,
Johanna

Pawsitive Thinking
01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
A beautiful tribute to a truly beautiful cat

catlover4ever
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Kass, a truely beautiful tribute to your beautiful Nakita. Your tribute opened up the tears and heartache that I went through with Tigger. Tigger was my heart and soul as Nakita is for you. No words could console me, I said "time would not heal my broken heart", I felt completely lost. Even though I have many other kitties in my house.....not one of them can replace the spot that Tigger had.

Please know that if you ever need to talk, vent, or just share....I'm here as are a lot of other people.

Thank you for sharing your Nakita with us.

RIP Sweet Nakita, play hard and make lots of friends.....don't forget to look for Tigger....I'm sure you met her already.

trayi52
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Kass, what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful Nakita. I am just brimming over with tears. I know she will live forever in your heart, and she is no longer in pain.

Rest In Peace, sweet Nakita, your mommy loved you very much.

((((Hugs))))
Willie :(

catmandu
01-09-2007, 09:59 AM
The Found Cat Paradise Angels have greeted Nakita at the Rainbow Bridge, andnow they are having Fun in Nassau , with The Pet Angel Army.
They had a dinner in Nakitas honor at the Beef Cellar.
She says that that where you are going to dine together , when you all meet again.
One Fine Day.

Catty1
01-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Kass - one thought: Yes, Nakita was SO much more than beautiful eyes...but that so many marvelled at them says, I think, that they saw the mirror of her soul there. They were much more than a beautiful green - they were Nakita's eyes, and there were - and are - no others like them.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Rob.

critter crazy
01-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh gosh!! I am crying so much!! Nakita You were such a stunning beauty!! Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge!!

Lori Jordan
01-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Your tribute was beautiful.Hang in there if you ever need to talk im here for you,Loosing are pets is never easy it is like loosing a family member,Remeber she is now your guardian Angel watching over you.

Hugs to you!

catlover4ever
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
"A Cat Hold Infinity in Her Eyes and Your Heart in Her Two Front Paws"

Queen of Poop
01-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I read your lovely tribute and had to go away for a while to collect myself. Having lost 5 of my babies to the bridge in the last 4 years has been very hard and your tribute brought back all of the sadness and emotion cause I know just how much you are missing Nakita.

She was a beautiful girl, inside and out. She's left her paw prints on your heart, where they will remain forever.

I am here if you need to talk about anything.

HUGS.

zippy-kat
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh Kass, I have tears streaming from my eyes and know that what I feel is so pale in comparison to your hurt. It is my sincerest wish that you are left with a peaceful feeling knowing you did more for that sweet soul than can ever be recounted. Quickly may the day come when memories bring tears of joy rather than tears of pain.

Rest sweetly Nakita, you will never be forgotten.

prechrswife
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
So, so sorry for your loss... :(

Barbara
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Kass, what a beautiful tribute.

Nakita's extraordinary beauty was just the form in which a graceful and noble spirit was living.

I am crying here for you and Nakita.

wolflady
01-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Major LES here...:(
What a wonderful tribute. You certainly have a way with words, Kass...and I'm deeply sorry for your loss. :( Nakita certainly did touch us all with her beauty and grace. I agree with the person who said that your love of Nakita was so apparent in the photos you took of her. Each one unique and always stunning. She truely was a fairy kitty, not of this earth. She definitely was unique, and there will never be another Russian Blue of her equal. I'm so very glad that I was able to "meet" her and you in this community. I always delighted in seeing threads by you, even if at times I didn't post. I always looked at her pictures ;)

Much love for you, dear. I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain. I know Nakita is forever going to look over you from heaven.

**hugs**

RedHedd
01-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Kass, what a beautiful tribute to the beautiful Nakita. I'm still stunned at the loss and think about you, Rob and her every day.

Kirsten
01-09-2007, 11:12 AM
What a beautiful and heartfelt tribute, Kass. In every single line I can see your love for her, and your pain about having to let her go. She sure must have been some kind of angel and you're blessed that you had her in your life. I only wish your time together wouldn't have been this limited!

Everything you describe - like the emptiness and silence of your house - sounds so familiar, it was the same here when my Katz went for the Bridge. But that won't comfort you now.

I wish there was anything I could say... It will take time. Your fond memories of dear Nakita will help you some day to remember her with a smile on your face and not with a tear in your eyes. And in your heart, she will live on forever. My feeling is that there's a special bond between you and Nakita that death cannot cut.

(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

kb2yjx
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
An absolutely touching and loving tribute to you dear girl!! Sleep softly, sweet Nakita.....

jennielynn1970
01-09-2007, 12:49 PM
My heart is breaking for you...

Prairie Purrs
01-09-2007, 12:54 PM
My favorite photo of Nakita was taken after she'd won a box of goodies (in a photo contest, if I remember correctly). She was sitting in the midst of her bounty of prizes, with a regal smile on her face as if to say, "It's good to be queen."

Nakita was simply exquisite. Her life was too brief, but she touched so many hearts in that time.

shais_mom
01-09-2007, 01:12 PM
oh Nakita of the Emerald Eyes.
I know up at the Bridge you are whole again and feeling like your "old" self. I also know you have "forgiven" your mom b/c you know she was just trying to keep you with her. You, sweetheart, will forever be remembered.
I send hugs along the miles Kass.
Nakita - godspeed to the Bridge- play hard until your Mom is reunited with you again. Be her angel.

sandragonfly
01-09-2007, 02:40 PM
lovely.. :( :( that poem was great one too, it says all.

frolic away and rest peacefully, exquisitely beautiful beautiful sweet nakita..

((((hugs)))) for you, kass and rob, don't mind my goosebumps and tears.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
What a beautiful tribute for a truely beautiful kitty. My heart breaks for you and for your loss. There will never be another as breathtaking as her, as she was truely one of a kind. :( :(

rg_girlca
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Major LES....I'll be back later.

I lit a candle for you and Rob.

http://virtual-candle.org/showcurrent.php

heidiv
01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Kass-I truely know what your going through I think that is why I too am struggling so hard to put into words how much this little kitty meant to me....

I didn't even meet this amazing little soul. It didn't matter you made us all understand the Purrson she really was. I have been praying everyday that you would let us know how you and your husband have been doing. You have such an amazing way with words...... Even though I know this is a hard time you always have the support and understanding from all of us. Its been a little over a year since we lost our sweet little Pricilla and it still hurts like it was yesterday. Understand that it will hurt for a long time.... Its o.k. to cry......and that she is always with you......

You will find things that she has done at times, that you didn't know about. Like you will one day find secret little spots she has hidden toys that you didn't know about. Or a place where she slept that you can not disturb(My closet was one of those places....I still havent moved her favorite spot.) And even though its hard try to smile that is what she would have wanted....We are all here for you, I understand the pain-man do I know what that feels like....they bless us for a reason I feel... Like they came to us to teach us compassion and that they too have a spirit... Just know that we are all here :confused:

And little Nakita play with Cilla at the Bridge shes a sweet girl and tell her I miss her.... Rest in peace sweet girl we will miss you forever :(

Sevaede
01-09-2007, 05:09 PM
***HUGS***

Nakita, try to visit your meowmie and pawpie every day. Remember to do all the things that you used to do, brush your paw across tear streaked faces, and make your presence known. :(

I am so, so, sorry for the death of your beloved companion. :( Try to take solace in that she knows you did EVERYTHING possible for her. She knows. Here, tears are flowing for you both and Nakita. She will always remember her parents and she will be waiting for you. :)

jenluckenbach
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Truly the most beautiful tribute I have ever read. Thank you for sharing your special girl with all of us.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

aki
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
OMG, I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. :(

I don't have the words, I am sorry as I still don't have them for myself. But chin up, it will get better.

(((((((((hugs))))))))

~Aki

Dorothy39
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Thank-You for Posting that Beautiful Tribute to Nakita~

I know it must have been very hard for you~ But so necessary a Release~

Glacier
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. I am sorry for your loss. Godspeed, Nakita.

krazyaboutkatz
01-09-2007, 09:20 PM
What a wonderful tribute for such an elegant little girl.:) I'm still in shock but I can only imagine what you and Rob are going through.:( She'll live in your heart forever and I'm just glad that I was able to meet her through your beautiful pictures and wonderful stories of her. RIP sweet Nakita. You'll never be forgotten.:( Please take care Kass and Rob. (((HUGS)))

Cincy'sMom
01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
What an amazing tribute. Thank you for sharing your girl with us.

Bengalz
01-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Kass,

Thank you for sharing your heart and soul with us in your beautiful tribute to Nakita. She was and is a magnificent spirit that will live on in many of us for having had the opportunity to know her through you.

I too have a collection of favourite photos of Nakita and have been going back to them to savour the moments that you have captured so brilliantly. Nakita will always hold a special place in my heart and you have given me that privilege - thank you for being so generous of heart.

I thank the powers that be for having given Nakita a life with you and Rob. Although brief it was an enriched life - you are both very special people. No one could have loved and cherished her more than you did.

Please take comfort in knowing you gave her the best of you.

Hugs to you and Rob - please take care.

Betty

Husky15
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I am in tears here. Nakita was and still is a wonderful girl. That was such a beautiful tribute.

Rest in peace, dear Nakita.

shais_mom
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
sending Hugs across the Miles.
Nakita play hard at the bridge until your mom can see you again, sweetie.

Danegirl2208
01-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Kass i am so deeply sorry for your loss... I know i dont visit the cat side side very oftan, but i just wanted to let you know that i am so very sorry for your loss. Whenever i saw a post about your Nakita i would click right away, what a beauty she was, those eyes of hers were magical. Your tribute was beautiful..may she rest in peace..run free at the bridge sweet Nakita

((Hugs))

.sarah
01-10-2007, 04:26 AM
That was a beautiful tribute, Kass. I am so sorry for your loss.

ramanth
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh Kass... seeing this thread has hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel numb. Your tribute brings me to tears.

I'm sorry just doesn't even begin to cover how sad I feel for you and Rob. :( :( :(

*HUGS*

Nakita, I will miss seeing your gorgeous green eyes and the wisdom they held. It is just not fair. :( :(

KitCat
01-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Beautiful Nakita is not in pain anymore. She will be missed but I am sure she is waiting for you.

Kirsten
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd like to add this to little Nakita's tribute:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/tribute6a.jpg

(Kass, I hope you don't mind...)

Kirsten

Vio&Juni
01-10-2007, 01:24 PM
My heart is breaking for you, Kass. I'm at loss of words...

Nakita was definitely the most beautiful cat, and I liked her not just for her green eyes or beautiful coat, but for what she was like. You could tell how much she loved Rob, for example, just by the way she looked at him. You could tell how much she was loved and that she knew it.

I was just telling my boyfriend on Sunday that she's my favourite kitty.

jennielynn1970
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Reading your prose about Nakita, because it truly is prose, brings to mind the lyrics I would sing to my Bear. He loved to be held and would put a paw on my face as I sang to him, even on that last day when he was so weak... This was our song, but I think it is appropriate for many who love the companions they've lost. It's a John Denver song, and makes me cry still.

You fill up my senses like a night in the forest,

like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain,

like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean.

You fill up my senses, come fill me again.

Come let me love you, let me give my life to you,

let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms,

let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you.

Come let me love you, come love me again.

May you find solace in your memories and know that you loved her best and did what was best for her. Do not doubt yourself, she would not want that.

Love and Hugs,
Jennie

heidiv
01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.catmom.de/pix/tribute6a.jpg

I think this is amazing you do very nice work

smokey the elder
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
What a lovely tribute to your precious baby Nakita. She was such a special cat.

DJFyrewolf36
01-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Prayers uplifted for you in this time of loss. :(

anna_66
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Dear Kass,

You just don't know how much your Nakita meant to me. I've been sitting here trying to find the right words in between wiping the tears from my eyes...

I didn't often post, but every time I seen a thread about your special girl I just had to read it (and I must admit I always hoped to see pictures).

She was the kind of girl I would have loved to have. Not only was she beautiful, it was just the way you talked about her that let us all know what a treasure you had in her.

She will be truly missed by all of us here at Pet Talk.

Many (((HUGS))) to you.
Anna

manda_moo87
01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh no... I'm so sorry, I just saw this today. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way. That was a beautiful tribute to sweet Nakita.

Rest in peace, beautiful girl. :(

Medusa
01-13-2007, 05:31 PM
How wonderful for Nakita to have such a wonderful mom and a warm, loving home. Soon your grief will be overshadowed w/beautiful memories that will comfort you as you heal.

Blessings,
Mary

cloverfdx
01-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Oh no i am only just seeing this now :(. Rest easy darling Nakita, watch over your Mama and Daddy.

Russian Blue
01-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to say, once again, thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers over the last weeks. I have read them many times and they have really been helping me put things in perspective - to deal with Nakita's passing and finally to move on.

I am still overwhelmed by all the messages and how Nakita influenced so many lives. She really was special and I can't imagine never having met such a wonderful spirit. I was so blessed to have her in my life - even for such a short time.

She lives on in all our memories and I am so very glad I came on these forums 4 years ago and shared her pictures/stories with all of PT. Love ya guys. I can't imagine where I would be without all your support!

I love you Emerald Girl - you will be in my heart forever and I will do my best to honour your life by making the most of mine.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
what a touching tribute to Nakita....!!

ps. Is that poem written by our mayor Karen?? It is BEAUTIFUL!!!

KittyGurl
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm am so sorry. Your story made me cry. I can feel your sadness and pain. Putting a pet down is hard. I could tell Nakita was more than a pet to you... she was a daughter, a friend. You love her for her heart and soul. Not for her lovely emerald eyes, but for herself. I will light a candle in her memory.

I will light this candle in memory
of you, beautiful Nakita

Your love for Nakita will never go away. She will stay with you forever. She is at the Brigde now and on her way to Heavan. She is playing hard at the Rainbow Brigde with the other PT angels. I'm so sorry about your dearly loved Nakita :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Dear Kass and Rob,

My heart sank when I saw this thread......

I must admit that, at first, my attraction to Nakita was simply because she was so GORGEOUS. BUT the more I got to know her, I realised that she was a very special girl, with a gentle soul (and those beautiful eyes were the window to that soul). She looked so wise, as if there was SO much going on in her head.

I'm so sorry for you loss. Dearest Nakita, I hope you are enjopying yourself at the RB, reunited with all the other PT kitties, and watching over your Meowmie and Daddy.

rg_girlca
01-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Still thinking of you, Kass and Rob.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/armsofangel.jpg

Laura's Babies
02-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Let me offer my belated heart felt condolances to you for your loss of that beautiful spirit that was your companion in life. I know your pain as I have been there too and know it well.. It is amazing how these little being in fur coats can have such a BIG inpact on our hearts and souls. She will always be with you in your heart, she will never leave it... (((((HUGS))))

Russian Blue
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
It's been one month since you left us. It feels like forever since I snuggled with you and looked into those emerald eyes. Also, it's still hard coming home after work to a quiet house.

I'm working hard on moving forward with my life but that doesn't mean I miss you any less. The fact is, I miss you more than ever Emerald Girl. I hope you found your place in the sun.

Bengalz
02-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Dearest Kass,

I can feel your sadness and wish there was something to say or do that would make the hurt go away.

Gentle hugs to you my friend, please be kind to yourself.

Betty

jennielynn1970
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh Kass...
Nakita is looking down upon you from that sunny, warm spot that she found over the Bridge. I'm sure she misses you as well, but would want you open up your heart to the world again. I hope that Nakita is playing with my Bear and my and my dad's Tazzer, they so loved to play!
Take care, and big hugs to you and Rob.
Love, Jennie

Russian Blue
07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
6 months

So much has changed in our lives over that time. Yet, my heart still stands still every time I think of you. You brought such beauty, warmth and comfort into our lives and that is what I'm missing so much right now. You could always set my mind at ease with one look of those soulful eyes.

I miss you little one - you'll always have my heart.

catmandu
07-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Nakita misses you as well.Eor all the trips she has taken with the Pet Angel Army to Hawaii and the Orient she misses her home and visits at least once a week to see how you are. Shes sad that you are sad and wishes that she could let you know that she travelling the World and having a good time,
but like you Nakitas life will not be complete until she sees you again.
One Fine Day.

kb2yjx
07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
We may not have our feline friends forever, but we will always have memories to give us some comfort after they are gone. Nakita will always be with you in spirit....take care...

Catty1
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

rosethecopycat
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
We think of Nakita often too.
I'm glad you didn't have her one less day than you did.
Forever cherished, Nakita

CultureJunky
07-07-2007, 05:50 AM
I also think of Nakita from time to time, she made a lasting impression on me, and my mother also mentions her occasionally as I always used to show her the photos of her when they were posted.
Nakita touched so many people's souls she's a true angel now, though everybody who saw her always knew that :)

heidiv
07-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I just want you to know that I think of the two of you from time to time and hope you are doing better life seems to carry on with or without the sweet souls that once touched us. But take comfort in knowing that you will once again meet up with her at the bridge. I too understand the longing that goes with missing them. Its almost been 4 yrs since my little Pricilla has passed and I still have times that I miss her tremendiously. I have my little Chloe and Paris that I count on day to day to fill the hole that she has left. They do fine in there mission but still don't replace the personality that Pricilla had daily. I just hope you are doing o.k. I would love to hear how you are doing and how your life has changed. Please know I do hope you and your husband are doing o.k. and that you are able to carry on even though I totally understand the longing you are going through. ((((HUGS)))))

Cataholic
07-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I, too, think of Nakita often. :(

catmandu
07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Nakitas Having A Great Time In Paris And Wants You To Know That Although She Misses You So Much Shes Marking Down Places That You Can Share Together.
One Fine Day.

jennielynn1970
07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Dear Kass,
Thinking of you and hoping things are getting easier to bear. Hugs to you and Rob. I'm glad to hear that you're healing. It takes so long, but the memory of Nakita will never be far away.
Peace to you. Jennie

Bengalz
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Kass,

I hope you're well and wanted to let you know I have been thinking about your recent post about Nakita. The pain in your words has once again grabbed my heart and it's taken too long to respond.

It so reminds me of how long it took me to accept the losses of my previous furbabies. Many things since have helped - especially having Eve choose us to be her purrents :)

Of significance in many of my past thoughts was the revelation that life with my RB babies has helped to make me who I am today and in many ways, those lessons haven't ever stopped. They taught me well and made me a better person. Everything I know to do for Eve and the wonderful love I share with her are largely the benefit of the many years of experience with August and Roxy. I am grateful for the time with them and even more grateful they taught me so much about myself.

Your time with Nakita is and will be infinite. She has given you a gift that will stay with you always and when you're ready, her gift will guide you to a happier time.

Great big hugs to you and Rob - I hope you are soon able to draw on your memories and smile. Nakita will, no doubt, be smiling with you.

Betty

Russian Blue
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
One year ago today, my precious Emerald Girl passed away. We all fought hard to save her but it wasn't meant to be and her 4 years on this earth were cut way too short.

My heart was left in pieces and even now, a year later, I'm still feeling bruised from Nakita's sudden passing since she was my ultimate companion.....she was my heart.

So, as I keep her wonderful memories close at this time, I thought I would share the other thing I still have, her pictures. Hopefully the Photobucket program will work, it's the first time I'm using it:

Nakita Tribute (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Nakita%202002%20-%202007/?action=view&current=2f48c663.pbr)

Even after a year, I wanted once again to thank all of you behind the scenes who helped Rob and I through her illness, passing and the grief that followed. You're all angels and we're so very thankful and honoured to know each and every one of you. Your actions, words and comfort helped us more than you know.

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Kass, yes it works. What a wonderful tribute to sweet Nakita.:) Every time I'm at a cat show and I see a Russian Blue I always comment how I've never seen one as gorgeous as Nakita. She sure had the most beautiful emerald green eyes that I've ever seen.:)

She left you way too soon and I know that you're still hurting inside.:( I wish there was something that I could say to give some comfort. All I can say is that you will see each other again some day and I'm sure that she'll continue to watch over you and your new furkids. She'll continue to be missed but she'll never be forgotten. She was one in million. Please take care. ((((HUGS))))

Catty1
01-06-2008, 04:46 PM
To see her as a kitten...what a dear little girl! There are a few pictures where I see a happy kitty smile...she loved and trusted you both - what a 'shoulder cat'! :) You two were so totally committed to her, and she knew it.

Near the end, Kass, I recall you saying she gave you a look...that it was time, and she trusted you to help her then too. You and Rob know you did the right thing - and such a rich treasure and love as Nakita is never lost.

I hope she can give you some sign, if she hasn't already. How perfect that she had you two, and you had her.

Her life could not have been better.

Thank you for sharing the memorial pictures...{{{{hugs}}}}

Killearn Kitties
01-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Your Nakita was a very special beauty. A once-seen-never-forgotten kind of cat. I think of her often, and it is so lovely that you have so many beautiful pictures of her.

It is good to be able to look at them and remember her.

Felicia's Mom
01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Nakita's tribute was beautiful. She is watching over you and Rob right now. You will all meet again someday.

momtomany
01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
A beautiful touching tribute to Nakita. I am sorry there are not words adequate enough to express my sorrow to you and for you.

Bengalz
01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Nakita was so precious and her memory lives on. Kass your tribute to Nakita is so special and resounds of love. Each photo tells a story.

Although a sad day for you in memory, it is also a reminder of the privilege in having known such an endearing soul as your little Emerald Girl.

Rest sweetly little one and let your mommy know your spirit is in her heart always.

Hugs, Betty

rosethecopycat
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I can't imagine what it's like to lose your heart like that. 4 years was way too short, but she was well loved and lived her life to the fullest. Better than living a long life and never knowing a loving human touch.

God Bless, Nakita humans.

One Fine Day.

Cataholic
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I can't say that all cats don't touch me in a special way, as they do. But, what I felt for Nakita, and the hurt of her passing, surpasses most. I am like a lit candle in Cincinnati, as she is never forgotten here.

moosmom
01-07-2008, 10:12 AM
It's very hard to believe that Nakita has been gone a whole year. I still can picture her beautiful emeral eyes. She was a gorgeous cat with a tremendous soul and still VERY WELL missed!!

Russian Blue
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
You all are so kind and I thank you so much for remembering Nakita. Yesterday, as you can imagine, was a mix of emotion.

So many changes took place this year....new job....home renovations...adding Steve and Gigi. One thing, though, remained the same....I so miss the warmth and comfort of my Emerald Girl.

But, life goes on.......

Catty1
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
There has always been, and will always be, only one Nakita, one Emerald Girl in your heart.

I hope Steve is a goofy enough kitten to give you a smile, and that you feel a bit happier as Gigi trusts you more and more.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and Rob, and to Nakita.

rosethecopycat
01-06-2009, 08:03 AM
To the memory of Nakita, of the Emerald Eyes.

Two years today as a spirit cat.

We miss your stunning beauty but know you are even more beautiful now, if that were possible.

Time creeping ever closer to that Grand Reunion.

One Fine Day.

catmandu
01-06-2009, 02:59 PM
A special poem for Nakita :love:from the book Cat Planet

She was the first , but not the last
And always remembered

You were not our whole life, but you made our lives whole

To my beloved Friend you taught me
love, laughter , patience and nobilty.
You are missed every single day.

She was not the sunrise.
She was not the sunset.
She was the sun.:love:

And Nakita was there with the Animal Angels when they were in Ottawa, and she loves her proteges , and is glad that her Meeowmie and Pawpie are not alone.
And yeras from now, you will all be reunied in love.
One Fine Day.:love:

Russian Blue
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Little One. It's been 2 years since you left us. Our lives and the house you knew have changed so much in that time. But, one thing remains constant. I so miss you!:love:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Nakita%202002%20-%202007/NakLarge2.jpg

To the memory of Nakita, of the Emerald Eyes......

A special poem for Nakita :love:from the book Cat Planet........

Total LES! :love:

I just came to type another post and saw that you remembered her anniversary. You are way too thoughtful and kind since I'm barely on the site anymore.

Thank you so much for remembering my special girl. :love:

rosethecopycat
01-10-2009, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Russian Blue;2110596]Our lives and the house you knew have changed so much in that time.

Your lives and house might have changed, but she misses her mama's heart the most.

Bide your time Little One, until your mama & daddy arrive.

One Fine Day.

Bengalz
01-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Kass I so love the picture of Nakita you posted - she is so hauntingly beautiful :love:

No matter how much other things change in life, Nakita's essence will always remain in your heart, sweet and tranquil, as she was.

phesina
01-10-2009, 06:45 PM
My sympathy and love to you at this sad but touching anniversary.

What a beautiful picture, of such a beautiful girl, you posted.

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I can't believe that it's already been 2 years.:( I miss her too:( and that's a gorgeous picture that you posted of her. Every time that I'm at a cat show and I see a Russian Blue cat, I think of her. No cat of her breed has ever come close to her beauty though. She had the most beautiful emarld green eyes that I've ever seen.:)

wolflady
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I can't believe that it's already been 2 years.:( I miss her too:( and that's a gorgeous picture that you posted of her. Every time that I'm at a cat show and I see a Russian Blue cat, I think of her. No cat of her breed has ever come close to her beauty though. She had the most beautiful emarld green eyes that I've ever seen.:)

Yup, I was just thinking the same thing. :( Kass, Nakita will forever be missed but always in your heart. :love: I'm sure Nakita is glad that you brought two kitties into your heart and home. She's still watches over you.
**hugs**

Russian Blue
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
4 years and you are still such a part of me.

Miss you forever. :love:

And Nakita? If you get a chance, find Phred....he's one of the good one's to get to know. It won't be hard to find him, you'll know.

Kirsten
01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm sure she already found him... I guess his love for all animals attracted her in no time. :)

I still remember her so well, seems like yesterday... *sigh*

phesina
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Sweet memories of beautiful, lovely Nakita.. so beloved and so much missed and grieved.

Kass, you and she are two beautiful souls joined for eternity.

Barbara
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Cass I am sure Nakita and Filou have been playing with Jonza and could welcome Phred.

Bengalz
01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Nakita was a precious gem in a cat soul - her unique and genuine spirit will always be with and among us Kass. I will never forget her amazing and delicate little face and the bond she built with you and Rob is beyond any description.

She must be a wonderful treat for Jonza and Phred - I can picture her sitting regally between them and making their world so much better with just her presence.

Hugs and great memories to you both:love:

Cataholic
01-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Losing Nakita was such a hard time to walk through. I know I told you this before, but, I have never felt such a loss of one not my own like I did with Nakita. It remains one of my saddest times. I forever link her and Tenny, as they passed close to one another. Nakita will be forever remembered, and forever missed by all of us.

:love:

catmandu
01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
And I know that Nakita was on hand when My Siamese Six Pack :love::love:
Moose , Michael, Princess and Joseph made their long way to the Rainbow Bridge.:love::love:
And Ebony Beau Tubster, Ebony Tubbette and the poor Porch Cats got the same purrs, kitty kissies and hard bumpies from Nakita as did All of Our Dear Pet Talker Animal Angels:love::love:
Until we all meet with our Pets in Paradise.:love::love:
One Fine Day.:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes, losing Nakita also affected me very much.:( She was such a special girl and will always be loved and will never be forgotten. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Russian Blue
01-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for remembering my girl. :love:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
01-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Nakita's passing has also deeply affected me too. She was truly the most beautiful cat that I have EVER seen :) !

I few other kitties passings who also make me get all choked-up when I see their pictures are KAK's Starr :love:. Seriously, Every time I look at his photo on her signature I really do get teary.... that face...those georgeous blue eyes looking out... :( . I miss him too. :(

Sweet wild-haired Willy :love: , also gets me everytime too.. He was a also such a very special boy, who was loved by soooo many .
Even though I dont know any of you / kitties personally, all the kitties are so special in my heart as well as so many others too.

rosethecopycat
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM
It takes an amazing cat to be so dearly missed and remembered by people who never had the pleasure of meeting her. Even now after 4 years.

She is truly a Spirit Cat, and touched many lives on earth.

Remembering you from this side of the Bridge, Nakita of the Emerald Eyes
:love::love::love::love::love: