PDA

View Full Version : Freddie

JuniorxMyxLove
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
It's been almost a year, November 9. I still can't believe that cancer got the best of spunky Freddie. When Zsa-Zsa died, Freddie was the only thing that mattered. I promised her I wouldn't let her go the way I did with Zsa-Zsa, I wouldn't let them kill herwith a needle. Then, the cancer started winning. Freddie stopped coming downstairs, and lost alot of weight. I helped her in every way I could, warming up her canned food before she ate it to make it softer, cleaning the oozing area that used to be her soft stomach, even just being with her.But she kept going downhill. Soon I couldn't get her to eat mroe then a few bite at a time. My mom kept asking me about putting her to sleep, like Zsa-Zsa, but I wouldn't let her. I knew it was selfish, but I couldn't let her go.

Freddie was such a sweet cat. Even though she was in alot of pain, she stilled purred, she still enjoyed human company. Then, one day, knew she was ready to give up. She stopped purring. Although it broke my heart, I let my mom schedule an appointment with the vet. Freddie would be humanely euthenized the next day. The next day, my mom wouldn't let me stay home and go to the vet with her. I made her promise to take a few pictures of Freddie and headed to the bus stop. When I got home, all I could do was cry. I felt horrible. I had broken my promise to Freddie. I let them kill her.

I still miss her everyday, almost a year later. I look at her picture on my wall whenever I'm in my room. And even though she's gone physically, I still hear her purring me to sleep every night like she used to.

kb2yjx
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM
It is so sad to lose such a good friend like Freddie!!! But, you already know that she is still with you!!! Hearing those purrs must be comforting for you. Sleep softly, dear Freddie.....

catmandu
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Freddie Is So Glad That You Are Hearing Her Purrs.
Shes Having A Great Time In Acalpulco , And Is Marking In Her Mind Places That You Both Can Visit Together When You Are Reunited.
One Fine Day.

Cataholic
10-26-2006, 08:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about zsa zsa and Freddie. You lost two wonderful pets. I know they both are enjoying life at the RB, looking over you down here.