PDA

View Full Version : Lucas (1995-2006)

jenluckenbach
06-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Lucas, I sent you to a place of peace only a short while ago, and it was hard not to cry as you left. But you needed to find peace.

Now my arms feel empty without you in them, and my lips already long to kiss your sweet head. But my heart will always be full of the wonderful memories you gave me.

I remember you as a little boy....Always mischievious, Always loving.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/BabyLucas-9-1995.jpg

And I remember you as one of the "3 orangies"..........How many dozens of photos do I have of you with your two orange pals??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/The3orangies.jpg

And I remember the love you had for dear Y.Lee (who left us in 2002)..........You pested him from the moment you entered our home, and he LOVED you for it. You were inseperable and now you shall be together once again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/LucasYLee-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/LucasYLee-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/LucasYLee-2.jpg

But mostly I remember you as Mama's SPECIAL boy......Giving daily nose kisses and always having time to deliver your special brand of purr therapy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/JenLovesLucas-2.jpg

Run fast, Play hard and Be free at the bridge, my Love, and forgive me if I am weak and cry because I miss you. You will remain forever etched upon my heart.

GOOD BYE http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Cats/Lucas/Lucas-6-2006.jpg

Laura's Babies
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
To many tears...... RIP Lucas.....

aki
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Bye Lucas!

:(

Have fun at the RB.

jazzcat
06-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Rest in Peace sweet Lucas. I never met you in person but you have left a mark on my heart.

Edwina's Secretary
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Peace Little Orange Man....Peace...

catnapper
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh Jen ((((HUGS))) I am crying right along with you. You know I loved that boy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-26-2006, 02:28 PM
:( :(

Jen, those pics with Y.Lee are just too precious. They are together now, and Y.Lee is celebrating being able to romp with his good buddy.

RIP dear Lucas. :(

.sarah
06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
RIP handsome Lucas :(

kb2yjx
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Jen!!! I am so sorry to read about your very much beloved Lucas!!! It is so hard to lose a special cat and it sounds like Lucas and you had a very special bond. I hope Lucas and Ralph Syracuse, those Orangemen, have met, and are playing happily! Sleep softly dear Lucas...((((((((((for Jen))))))))))

Donnaj4962
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Such a sad day.... RIP little Lucas man, play hard, and you will see your Meowmie again one day.

(((hugs))) to you Jen from Indiana. I know it is hard, but this was the ultimate act of love for your Lucas. He is playing hard with his friends, I am sure.

catlover4ever
06-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Jen, I am so very sorry about Lucas...he was your "soul cat", like my Abner is to me.

I love the last photo of Lucas that you posted....such a handsome, distinguished orange man. Orangies for some reason have such an extra special nature to them and you can certainly see it in Lucas' photo.

(((HUGS))) the hardest decisions we make in life are knowing when it is the right time to let go. Know that Lucas has been greeted by many wonderful friends.

RIP Sweet Lucas. :(

Queen of Poop
06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I read your tribute earlier and had to leave the room for a while. I was completely choked up and had to regain my composure. Getting even softer hearted in my old age, if that is possible. You've done a beautiful job with your tribute to Lucas, it is clear to me that you loved this animal with all of your heart. Lucas watch over your meowmie, help mend her broken heart however you are able. Play well at the Bridge, maybe look for my ferrets that are there, they're a cool "gang". HUGS to you to help you feel just a tiny bit better. :(

sasvermont
06-26-2006, 03:32 PM
((((((((((((((((((((Jen)))))))))))))))))))

caseysmom
06-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Hugs to you, you did the right thing and Lucas is free of pain.

Kater
06-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh no, what a sad time for you Jen. You have been so strong throughout Lucas' illness and treatments, and done the absolute best for him at every turn. He is so lucky to have you!! What a precious photo tribute to a most devoted, sweet orangie. :)
Big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.
RIP always, Lucas. You will be deeply missed! :(

Felicia's Mom
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Lucas.

Kirsten
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Jen, I'm also crying with you now over the loss of your soul kitty Lucas. It's so easy to see from your tribute how much you love him.

R.I.P. little Orange Boy!

Kirsten

ChrisH
06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Jen I am so sorry. :( {{{hugs}}}

Rest in peace beautiful Lucas.

phesina
06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Jen, I am so very, very sorry.

I haven't posted before but have been following the Pet Talk cats for a while now. Lucas and his passing and the love you and he have all shared have me in tears.

My Mitsie, Mary Lou, Phoebe, and Lucy are helping him get settled in by the Bridge.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to you and yours, and skritches and soft pets to your other furbabies.

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, and Poppy

Killearn Kitties
06-26-2006, 04:49 PM
These are beautiful pictures of Lucas, Jen. I'm so sorry that he wasn't with you long enough.

Rest in peace, Lucas. You will always be loved.

Barbara
06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Jen, I'm in tears right now. But somehow it is a comfort to me to know that Lucas met his best buddy at RB.
May they be playing happily.

luvofallhorses
06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
R.I.P. handsome Lucas. :( (((Jen))) he had a great long and happy life with you, please know that we're here for you.

CalliesMom
06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
RIP Lucas. You are loved dearly and will be seen again someday.

rosethecopycat
06-26-2006, 07:00 PM
It's stormy and bright day here in Florida, I wondered why I saw a rainbow.
It was to guide Lucas to the other side, and candles are lit tonight, and Meezerly songs are sung. We saw the sadness in your eyes, sweet boy. Now begin anew, and wait for your mama. She loves you still.

Godspeed to the bridge, sweet Lucas

catmandu
06-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Lucas is gone, but he lives on at the Rainbow Bridge.
Our Pets go ahead of us to join the Pet Angel Army, and they explore the Earth looking for places that we can enjoy with them when we finally are reunited and see thier faces again.
One Fine Day.

moosmom
06-26-2006, 07:52 PM
RIP sweet orange boy!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-26-2006, 07:57 PM
I know how hard this is for you. No matter how right you feel the time is, your heart always wants them back for one more kiss and cuddle.

Be at peace sweet Lucas. You will be missed a lot. :(

Bengalz
06-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Dear Jen,

You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your precious Lucas - what a wonderful little boy he was. Pictures say a thousand words - your tribute was especially beautiful and filled with love. I loved the photo of your Lucas sharing noses kisses with you - what a sweetie.

Rest in Peace little one, know that your mommy loves you with all her heart.

Betty

RedHedd
06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
RIP Lucas. Play hard and be well at the Rainbow Bridge. You are already deeply missed on this side of the bridge. :(

prechrswife
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
RIP Lucas...

Prairie Purrs
06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm so sorry. Rest gently, Lucas, sweet orange boy.

Sevaede
06-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Aw, another paw print left on a heart. :)

So sorry that your heart was broken today, Jen. Know that Lucas loves you for all you did and who you are. :( *hugs*

RIP sweet boy

G535
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Our cats are never really gone, they have just moved on to another and sometimes better place.

krazyaboutkatz
06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I wish that he could've been with you for a while longer. Now he's at peace and probably playing with Y Lee up at the bridge. RIP sweet Lucas. You'll be very missed around here.:( ((((HUGS))))

Catty1
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Hugs, beautiful boy.

Jen - thank you for sharing the pics of his life and buddies! What a cute little boy he was, and what a gorgeous grownup.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you. Dear Lucas.

Catty1

rg_girlca
06-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh gosh Jen, those pictures of you with Lucas just tore at my heart.
I am so sorry for you loss.

I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear. I pray and hope that the find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

Rest in Peace Lucas.

((((((HUGS)))))) for you and Charlie.

DallasRechelle
06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! Please know that Lucas will be joining a great many of other PT friends, including my own Hobbes and Bubbles.

You are in my heart and prayers during this difficult time.

persianmom
06-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Hugs and Prayers coming your way. :( :( :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-27-2006, 02:27 AM
OH Jen, that last picture broke my heart..... :( . What a special boy Lucas was!!! I am so so sorry for your loss, please accept my deepest condolances!!
This must have been such a hard decision..; but you did the right thing for Lucas! I have great respect for both of you!!

((((( hugs to Jen and hubby)))))

http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20474%20rainbow_bridge.gif

Lizzie
06-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Jen - Thank you for sharing all those photos with us; I particularly liked the first one where he looks so cosy but ready to bound into trouble at any moment. He was a lucky cat to have a wonderful life with you and his friends, and then leave it quickly and calmly in your arms.

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-27-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm typing through the tears here.

RIP dearest Orangie Lucas. You were loved so much, by so many people. You had such a wonderful life with your Meowmie, so continue to watch over her now, and help her through this difficult time.

Enjoy the RB, being free of pain and reunited with your pal Y.Lee again. Give Kissy headbumpies from me, and tell him Meowmie still misses him and thinks of him every day :(

catlady1945
06-27-2006, 05:11 AM
RIP, Sweet Lucas.

smokey the elder
06-27-2006, 09:44 AM
RIP, Lucas. You'll wow all the lady angels with your handsome self.

Sus
06-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet kitty...

Love,
Sus and Bella

Randi
06-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry! :( Lucas was a gorgeous boy. When you posted about him, I always had to have another look, he was one of my favourites. I know it was a hard desicion, but you said goodbye at the right time I'm sure.

The pictures of you two giving nosekisses are so sweet, and the last one is precious.

Rest in peace, sweet Lucas! You will never be forgotten.

((((hugs))))

Russian Blue
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
It is a sad time Jen but look at all the photos and wonderful memories! You were very lucky to share in such a wonderful soul.

RIP Lucas.

catmandu
06-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Lucas Got His First Visit To A Cateteria Today, And Had Some Beef Frajitas, Chicken Divan And English Styled Fish And Chips.
Hes In My Book Of Angels, Jen And Will Dine With Us Until Its Time That You And He Are Reunited.
One Fine Day.

kb2yjx
06-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks Jen!!! You know I read about the cats that don't get chemo for the lymphoma, but get the prednisone instead. They are given 45-60 days. I thought that Ralph had pulled off some interesting things in the past, and was going to do it again on the pred. Day 60 day his birthday. I am sorry that I did not read about Lucas until it was too late. Lucas' photo of giving you nose kisses is too precious!!! We keep our Orangemen close in our hearts!!
Sandra

Karen
06-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I thought I had posted in here, but I gues I had not yet.

Another ray of sunshine is at the Rainbow Bridge. Sparkle bright with health and mischief, Lucas - look for a big, black, extra furry guy who shares your name, he'll show you around.

Cataholic
06-30-2006, 08:19 AM
I still cannot bring myself to post, but, want you to know, my friend, how devastated I am for you, for Lucas, for Charlie, and all the kitties at the Luckenbach home. RIP, sweet Lucas.

TopCat3
07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry about Lucas. What a gorgeous boy he was. I'm finding it hard to come on here much due to time constraints and it's all "too close to home", as I continue to give my Cleo close care for as long as we both can take it.
But I heard from kb2yjx about Lucas, and I just had to pay my respects.
RIP Lucas, hugs to you Jen.

furrykidsmother
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
RIP sweet Lucas. Your Meowmie loves you and misses you very much. If you can, let her know that you are doing OK and that you miss her too, but that you are feeling so healthy and happy now!

jenluckenbach
07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Thank you all for thinking about my boy.

orangemm
07-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Hugs to you, Jen. I'm so sorry about Lucas; he was so special to you and to us here, too.

Play hard, sweet boy. Your meowmie loves and misses you. :(

Logan
07-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Jen, there is another special orange boy, Tigger, who has been at the bridge for a long time, 1986, to be exact, who I know welcomed Lucas and Sandra's Ralph, and showed them around. I'm sure he was happy to have company in heaven.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

Logan

AbbyMom
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear about one of my favorite orange boys. But I know he's happy at the bridge now and free of pain.

christa
07-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Lucas, you sweet boy . . . I'll always remember those eyes, they were always so gentle & kind. Rest peacefully . . . no more pain.

Jen, I am so sorry . . . I have really been at a loss for words, so sad at your loss for Lucas. Don't really know why it has affected me so much. Maybe just because it is something that we all ultimately fear going through with our furbabies. Just know you've been in my thoughts.

{{{Hugs}}}

jenluckenbach
08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Just stopping by to visit, sweet boy. Your spirit has never left this house, and your face greets me every day, but I miss you.

How can a house so full of wonderful kitties still feel so empty?

Moose the Magnificent will be arriving at the RB today, could you please show him around? I know that you will like him, as he was a good boy....just like you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LUCAS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}

Jayna78
08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Jen, I haven't been on here enough this summer! I had no idea that you lost a beautiful orange boy of your own so recently. We loved all of those pictures of Lucas and his human and cat companions! I hope Lucas is playing happily now at the bridge with our sweet Leo. They look like they would be great friends. RIP sweet Lucas. :)