PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye To Charlie

lizbud
04-15-2006, 10:47 AM
My son had to send his cat Charlie to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. :(

Charlie had not been acting himself for awhile & at his Vet visit Friday
the Doctor found that all his organs were shutting down. It was then
that my son had to make the awful choice of letting him go. Charlie was
adopted as a 6 week old kitten and had almost reached his 19th birthday.

He had a long & happy life, was rarely sick, and was my son's best bud
for many wonderful years. Rest easy now sweet Charlie. We all loved
you dearly.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p0f4e143646ca8ccc72e1b253e482651c/f44d1b67.jpg

Killearn Kitties
04-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Charlie was a beautiful boy and it is great to hear of a cat who had such a wonderful life. I imagine that Charlie leaves a big gap behind him.

Rest in peace sweet boy.

Randi
04-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Aww, what a sweet picture of Charlie and your son? I'm sure Charlie will be missed. :( He had a long and good life, but it's always so hard to let them go.

Reat in peace, dear boy, I know you will never be forgotten.

lizbud
04-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Aww, what a sweet picture of Charlie and your son? I'm sure Charlie will be missed. :( He had a long and good life, but it's always so hard to let them go.

Reat in peace, dear boy, I know you will never be forgotten.

Randi, Sorry, yes that is my son Jim with Charlie. This was Charlie's
favorite place to nap.

You know, I had asked my son to call me after the Vet visit & tell me
what they found. He didn't call but my daughter did & she gave me the
sad news that the kindest thing to do was let him go in peace. I think
Jim, like most guys, didn't want me to hear him cry. :(

Randi
04-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Liz, I think you're right, most men don't appear to want to show feelings too much, but I'm sure your son is devastated. :( It's a long time to have a sweet companion, as Charlie were, and it must feel so empty now. :( Some people think that getting another cat right away will help, but I don't believe so, as no one can replace a loved one. I still miss Pjevs in the yard. :(

I hope it will be a comfort for him ... and you, to know that it was time for Charlie to go. He is not suffering now. :)

(((((hugs)))))

Barbara
04-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Charlie.
But I think he and Jim had the best life together- we can't expect more. :(
RIP- Charlie.

rg_girlca
04-15-2006, 03:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Charlie.
That picture of him with your son is priceless.
I'm sure he will be dearly missed as much as he was loved.

Rest in Peace dear Charlie and have fun on the RB.

Cataholic
04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
How very sad, Liz. RIP, sweet Charlie, and gentle hugs to your family.

catmandu
04-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Right Now Charlie is having a Dinner in his Honor thrown by the Pet Angel Armyat the House of Blues.
Sweet Charlie was a Great Pet and Companion for nearly 20 Years,and it will be very sad for your Son.
They will miss each other,I know but there will come a time that they will be reunited Forever.
One Fine Day.

moosmom
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
RIP Sweet Charlie! You were truly loved and will be missed.

RedHedd
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
RIP Charlie. I can see where he got that name from his little Charlie Chaplin "moustache." Play hard at the bridge, dear one, and look for my golden beauty, I'm sure she'll welcome you.

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( He had a wonderful long life with your son and they'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Charlie.:(

catfamily
05-03-2006, 04:22 AM
It's nice to know that Charlie had a wonderful life full of love for 19 years.It's still so sad to let go.I'm sorry for your loss.

Pam
05-03-2006, 06:03 AM
Liz I am so sorry. Please extend my condolences to Jim on the loss of Charlie. The picture you posted gives a glimpse of the bond that these two shared for so many years. (((Hugs))) to you all.

kb2yjx
05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
That photo of Charlie and your son shows what a wonderful relationship they had!!! Charlie was so lucky to have lived a long life in good health!! Sleep softly dear Charlie...