View Poll Results: does your dog like riding in the car?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 37.93%
  • no

5 17.24%
  • kinda

2 6.90%
  • i don't know she is sleeping the whole time!!!

0 0%
  • sometimes

1 3.45%
  • we don't have a vehicle

1 3.45%
  • she loves it

9 31.03%

Thread: does your dog like riding in the car?

does your dog like riding in the car?

does your dog like riding in the car?

Thanks 4 the amazing blinkie and siggy,Joanofark!
    Thank u flamepony12 4 the cool avatar!

Sassy is my 1 year old golden retriever.

Shopping is an attitude... and I have an attitude problem.

Here's what I wrote for the other thread: :P

Yup, Blaze LOOOOOVES going for car rides!! Every time he walks by the van/car, he sits by the door and wags his tail like, "Ok, are we ready to go now?!!" It's so funny! But yes, he loves the car!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

My dogs love riding in the truck. It means that they get to go somewhere fun.

car rides

maximus also prefers the truck...up to lake, mountains, and especially dirt roads...he likes to drive slow so he can have his head out.

No, Sasha hates getting in any and all manner of vehicle. When she does have to she is just petrified the entire time.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

both mine love the car!!

Samantha goes ballistic whenever anyone says "car", "byebyes", or "go". She LOVES going out for rides.

I'm really not sure how Duncan feels about riding in the car....I don't like having him in it unfortunately!! I have a really small car, a Honda Civic 2 door and as you may know, Duncan is a really big dog so it doesn't work too well. First of all, he has to stand between the seats and I can't see out the back window or the side window. I roll the passenger side window down so he can stick his head out but he has broken the arm rest from standing on it! And in the summer, I can't let him hang out the window because he will bite anyone that comes too close! Once, we were in a bad part of town and this man walked right up to my car at a stoplight, even though Duncan was hanging out the window. Duncan but the man in the arm and I drove away... I felt bad but I'm sure from the part of town we were in, the time of day and the way the man was acting that he was up to no good.....
    Also, he HATES bicycles, absolutely HATES them so if we see one, he barks like crazy at it and tries to attack it through the car window. He also does this for squirrels, other dogs, cats, motorcycles.....etc. So riding in the car with him is an adventure that I don't look forward too. I need an SUV so I can keep him in the back. I've tried everything to get him to behave but nothing works. It's hard to train your dog when you're driving too.
    It's too bad because I love to take him to different parks and stuff to play...I do it anyway and just deal with his strange behavior

Happy is ok about it, but she always stays in the back of the van either curled up on the seat or under the seat. Misty, perky, and Ripley LOVE it, and Blair is soso about it, sort of scared but exited at the same time lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Nicki HATES the car. The mere mention of the word "ride" or "car" has her shivering and cowering. We used to walk to the vet because she was so afraid, but now thats she's old, we have to drive because even the mie and half walk is too much for her.

Tia loves going for car rides! Tango doesn't mind them but she'd much rather walk somewhere lol.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Both of mine love going in the car...as long as they're not going to the doctor or to get groomed.

Nebo enjoys it. He just relaxes and usually ends up falling asleep in the back. He pays no attention to open windows and will not stick his head out of one. He's been on several long road trips and has been fine, even if the space is cramped.

He will NOT get into a running vehicle though. He freaks out if I try to get him in while the car is going...must always turn the car off first.

Of course! It means we're going someplace fun! wag wag wag
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton