Thread: Jazzy and Blinker!

Jazzy and Blinker!

I absolutely love what you’ve written alongside your beautiful cats. I second all that you said about not ever dumping your pets — every shelter and rescue where I live (S FL) is bursting at the seams, and it’s heartbreaking. I also love the fact that your feral is still shy years later and you don’t mind. I, too, have one-time ferals. I have 13 of them inside! If anyone comes into my house (rarely, as even my friends don’t want to be in my animal-filled home), almost every cat disappears. There are three to four who will allow themselves to be seen and touched. I’ve had two over the years who wouldn’t allow me to touch them at all! Anyway, your cats are gorgeous. Tuxedos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Dearest Jazzy and Blinker, what a gorgeous pair of kitties you are! You're such beautiful, stately, excellent examples of the Tuxedo fur design. Jazzy, you look like you have a black hood over your head, covering your face except for your eyes and that white mustache and goatee. Blinker, you have black fur down to your eyes, and then it turns white and splits above your pink nose. You both have long white whiskers and white gloves, so you're ready for any formal occasion. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You're so comfortable resting together on the bed and then sitting by the door. Then you're relaxing on that black blanket, your black fur blending right in with it. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Davie, FL to pet you both! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! You're both rescue kitties, who bonded while you were in your foster home. When your dear Purrrsons-to-be first met you there and saw how you had bonded, they adopted you both to keep you together! My deepest gratitude to them for adopting you both then. And what delightful Purrrsonalities you have! You're both full of energy, and you love to play together. Jazzy, you're a snuggler who loves to settle on a lap and be petted. Blinker, you are much shyer and more skittish. You were born a barn cat and didn't have the opportunity to to socialize with people before you went to your foster home at about age five months. You've lived with your Purrrsons for seven years now, and you're still afraid of loud noises and sudden movements. You occasionally allow a bit of petting, but for the most part you keep to yourself. You're both indoor cats, and you have your own screened-in Catio, for which we also thank your Purrrsons! There you can enjoy a bit of outdoors and watch birds and other critters go by. You and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Jazzy and Blinker, on being chosen Cats of the Day together! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and foster Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery