Thread: Asking for prayers for Taz- in his last days

Asking for prayers for Taz- in his last days

Our handsome tabby Taz is looking at his end-times, to our great sadness- Taz was a young cat, 8-10 months old, when we caught him and his whole group at a Shell gas station in Union City, GA in 2015- he got his name because when it came time for their first vet appointment, Taz absolutely shredded me- he wasn't keen to get into a carrier again- but he mellowed out quickly, becoming a sweet, talkative guy who loved pets and treats-
    He needed major dental work about a year ago, and had quite a few teeth removed- then this past month, he began sticking his tongue out and drooling a little, although he still ate perfectly well- when checked, he did need another cleaning but he also had a growth on his right gum at the jawbone that was impacting his tongue- we got him in to have that removed and clean things up, and have the growth biopsied- he recovered beautifully and is his old sweet self- but the growth biopsied as osteosarcoma- the vet couldn't get all of it because it was way into the jawbone, so she got what she could- but this is a very aggressive cancer and he has limited time before it returns and impacts his ability to eat......

Please pray for Taz and his happy life for as long as he has-- this is not treatable by chemo or radiation, due to where it is, and his comfort and quality of life are the ONLY consideration for him now- he'll be spoiled rotten and treated to all the pets and laps and good food he wants for whatever time he has left- I hope and pray he has some good happy time left and we'll do everything we can to make that happen- but he WILL NOT suffer- I promised him that--

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Prayers are on the way Tazz. Lots of pets and scritches.

Prayers on the way for you and Tazz both. And additional prayers that his transition be as painless as possible.
    I've Been Frosted

We are sending prayers and loving good wishes and warm comforting energies to Taz and you both.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Taz is doing wonderfully so far

THANK YOU ALL for your prayers- they're WORKING!! Taz hasn't shown any deterioration at all yet- no evidence of recurrence- he's happy, noisy and eating very well-- for however long he has, he's going to be spoiled rotten and given whatever he asks for--
    THANK YOU ALL again and please keep it up-- he's enjoying life!!

bowlkat

Oh, what wonderful news! I'm so glad for Taz and you and your family, bowlkat. So much great love shared so deeply!

We're sending gentle pets and more prayers and loving good wishes and warm comforting energies to dear sweet Taz.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and
    from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

This may be it for Taz

As of this morning, Taz is snuffling and drooling a lot, isn't eating (probably can't smell or taste anything)- as of yesterday, Lysine helped a lot, and he had a good day, dragging himself across the living room carpet to get belly rubs and pets (which he dearly loves), eating well- but today we can't even get lysine in him, he's unwilling to eat or even try anything-

THANKS TO ALL YOUR PRAYERS, he's had NINE MONTHS of happy, comfortable, pet-and-love-filled life-- keep them coming, I'm taking him in in an hour, and I fear the cancer has gotten into his upper and lower jaws and sinuses and is too far advanced for him to have any quality of life- and I WILL NOT let my friend suffer--

bowlkat

Taz is gone but never forgotten

Taz is gone. The cancer had gotten into his sinuses and probably chest as well, it was making breathing difficult- he was too congested to taste or smell so he wasn't eating- no treatment would have given him any quality of life-- so we let him go. He was in my arms when he left us.

Play hard at the Bridge, sweet Taz- you had NINE MONTHS of good, happy life that we didn't expect- I'll always be grateful for that- especially yesteday, when he really felt great and was thoroughly enjoying himself, talking nonstop, rumpying, purring, eating, dragging himself across the carped for belly rubs- I'll never forget that blessing- and you had a very good life for a former feral cat from a grungy gas station-- THANK YOU, Taz, for nine wonderful years-

And THANKS to all who prayed for him and got him all that extra time-- he couldn't have done it without you all-

bowlkat

Dear bowlkat, my very deepest sympathy to you and your family for the loss of your precious Taz. I'm so very sorry he's gone from you now. What a wonderful life he shared with you, from the day he came to you at that Georgia gas station in 2015 and your family welcomed him home... so many delightful times through all those years since.. down to these final days of cancer and pain after NINE MONTHS of extra good, happy time that you weren't expecting. You held your dear friend in your arms as he passed gently on his way to the Rainbow Bridge.

My condolences to you, bowlkat, and your family and friends and all who love sweet Taz and grieve him and miss him so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Now you are a glorious Angel at the Bridge, dearest Taz, whole and healthy again, playing and relaxing and cuddling with your precious sister CeCe Angel and so many other beloved pet Angels. Please send some Angelic purrrrs to the hearts of your dear bowlkat and family to reassure them that you are with them always, watching over them and sending down love, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker and all our Angels
    Last edited by phesina; 11-15-2023 at 01:36 PM.
    Death thought about it.