Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT-- have these ads always been here?

PT-- have these ads always been here?

I have this banner ad floating between the PT Header and the Thread header today... so, have ads always been there, am I just old & going blind? Or are ads on this site something new?

We are testing one banner ad at the top of the page. The last time we tested this, the company serving the ads had problems, they have said the problem is fixed and we are trying again. What ad do you see? Do you remember?

10:39 pm MT Monday, Sept 24 - blank space.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cyber: Here's the old thread from when the Mayors tried before. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131517

Karen: I've noticed the Eukanuba ads since i logged in. Think i only have a blank white space when i go to post replies. Not going to say how many hours I've been here typing away. *blush*

Oooops... just went to check... guess it is all white now. Hmmm... earlier i was seeing the ads.

using Firefox version 2.0.0.7

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Karen, last night there were three ads - one from Kijiji (it was on there for most of the evening), then one that had banner with a lot of orange in it and a white circle on the right side, behind the type, (I think it was for dog food?) and I only saw the third one for a moment, didn't catch what it was about, but the background was white). Today it's just empty white space.
    The Kijiji ad was very colorful, and I noticed it because of the name - it reminded me of "Kiki"

Ads were there this morning but gone now. Also using the latest version of Firefox.

Blank White space and using Opera 9.0
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Right now it is blank.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

***I removed the ads. With only one pet ad being shown occasionally it's definitely not worth the annoyance.

******Paul

Paul - I know you and Karen could use some help in running this great place.

I was imagining a Hat thread - a sticky in each forum. Use an upside-down floppy-hat logo, and have it as a sticky for two weeks, a month...

Call it Pass the Hat, have your PayPal info, and let it be voluntary!

Might this work?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was wondering why the Pet Talk link on the POTD page was removed?
    Was this a temporary thing or what? Thanks.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I was wondering why the Pet Talk link on the POTD page was removed?
    Was this a temporary thing or what? Thanks.
    That was just a mistake, it'll be back now!

Well, it's not a hat, but you just inspired me to make this (attached below.) Karen and Paul... Feel free to use it if you want (I know there are better artists out there though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Paul - I know you and Karen could use some help in running this great place.

I was imagining a Hat thread - a sticky in each forum. Use an upside-down floppy-hat logo, and have it as a sticky for two weeks, a month...

Call it Pass the Hat, have your PayPal info, and let it be voluntary!

Might this work?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by crow_noir; 09-27-2007 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Artist Comment: It took me 20 minutes to draw that in MS Paint

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    That was just a mistake, it'll be back now!

Thanks Karen.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We are now testing running Yahoo text ads ... the system may take a day or so to finish targetting the ads, but it does let us choose a specific category for each forum if we want, so this will all be an experiment for the next little while.