Thread: Fabulous Fluffy, our Thanksgiving kitty!

Threaded View

Fabulous Fluffy, our Thanksgiving kitty!

Dearest Fluffy, a.k.a. "Fluffy yeah that's my name, what are you gonna do about it?", you are fabulous indeed! What a gorgeous Domestic Longhair gentleman you are! Your name certainly does suit you, because that long colorful fur is fluffy indeed and looks so very soft. And what a sweet face you have with that brown mustache and those long, LOOOONG curly white whiskers and eyebrows and those lovely big eyes! Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. You are absolutely stunning in them all, and how nice to see you with your dear pal and shadow Smoke! It looks like he might be giving you a back-massage there, and from the look of contentment in your face, he just might be. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Newnan, GA to pet you and Smoke and your other kitty friends, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what an amazing story you have to tell! You were a completely feral cat who started coming to your future home to get food that your dear Purrrsons-to-be put out for you. It took a couple of months for you to decide to trust them enough to come Home. You've become a great housecat, spending time biscuiting on laps, playing with other cats, and appreciating Meowmie's excellent cooking. Then about six months ago, you started dropping weight. You were diagnosed with midstage renal failure, and you spent a week in hospital on IV fluids. You came back home with a prescription for daily sub-cu fluids. You and your Purrrsons have adapted Purrrfectly to that change in your routine. You've regained weight you lost and are happily playing and running around the house like a kitten. You're loving life again! You and they will keep up with the fluids, doing what's necessary for you to keep enjoying life. You and they all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Today is Thanksgiving in America, and your Purrrsons are very thankful that you chose them to live with and that you'll be around for hopefully quite a while. They think any cat with such a will to live and who's so cooperative and sweet deserves to be honored, and I agree!

Congratulations, darling Fluffy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Smoke and Purrrsons and all your family and friends, all species, are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-26-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery