PDA

View Full Version : Rescuer In Name Only

lizbud
11-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Woman Spends 3 Hours In Woods For Dumping Kittens
Cold, Snow Forces Woman Back To Cell

UPDATED: 2:02 pm EST November 24, 2005

PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- Cold and snow forced an Ohio woman, sentenced to spend a night in the woods for dumping 33 kittens, back to jail.

Michelle Murray, 25, a former animal rescuer, was convicted of animal cruelty last month.

Judge Michael Cicconetti sentenced Murray to spend the night in the woods without food or light. He said he wanted her to feel the same pain as the kittens she neglected.

Murray spent about three hours in the woods before she was allowed to go back to a cell.

She will now finish her 15-day jail sentence.

Murray said family problems forced her to abandon the kittens. Park rangers originally found 33 kittens, but many have since died.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

kb2yjx
11-25-2005, 12:39 PM
That judge is my kind of fellow because that is EXACTLY how I think people who neglects, harm, abuse,etc animals SHOULD be treated!!!! GIVE THEM A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE!!!!! Even though I am a nurse, I hope she gets sick from the cold like those poor kittens did!!! Unfortunately, she will get some care and NOT die like the kittens did!!! Sandra

moosmom
11-26-2005, 08:05 AM
While I do agree with giving people a dose of their own medicine, that jail sentence was definitely not long enough. 15 days??? UGH!! :mad: She should've gotten at least 6 months in jail. But I guess it's a moot issue at this point.

sqwelch
11-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Thats heartbreaking poor kittens, some people are just sick in the head, and laws don't punish nearly enough, punishments should be upped then these sickos MIGHT think twice :mad: