PDA

View Full Version : Morehead, KY MEEZER needs home

kuhio98
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I received this e-mail from my friend Julia who lives in Morehead, Kentucky. We will take care of getting him neutered, but he needs a home. Julia's rescue is completely full at the moment. Is there anyone near Morehead that can take this meezer boy or foster him until a home is found?

Lisa

Julia's e-mail address: [email protected]
Julia's plea: Why and how did my area become the dumping grounds???? What is WRONG with people???

This kitty probably was dumped sometime Friday night, came FLYING up my drive Sat am when he heard me feeding my neighbors cats. He's nearly pudgy, intact, young, and clean.
http://community.webshots.com/album/504622375ZQqhjf

NONE of the other neighbors knows where he came from. The Post Office, which is info central for my very rural area, has no reports of missing cats, no cat notices posted. I have to assume he was tossed out on the road.

He has blue eyes and is a siamese mix. He is very sweet and cuddly.
Pics, they don't do him justice:
http://community.webshots.com/album/504622375ZQqhjf

I took him to my vets, he tested neg for FIV and leukemia. Getting shots except FIV, dewormed and neutered. He needs help to cover the costs of his vetting.

If you can help with his vet bill you can mail a check to Morehead Vet Clinic, 103 Bartlett Drive, Morehead, KY 40351 or call 606-780-7387

I felt so bad for him, he was terrified of going in the carrier, pooped on himself in the carrier on the way, and the darn thing flipped over in the car. I had to stop at work, clean him and the carrier, put him back in it, and off to the vets. He has had a rotten morning.

PLEASE, someone step up to take this kitty!!! I can't.

I really, really can't do this. My Houdini dog, love of my life, is very sick, possibly cancer, still waiting on test results. My kitty Buster, 15 yrs. old is back at the vets, on IV meds again. Between the 2 of them, my vet bills last week were nearly $900. By the end of this week between the 2 of them, I expect that to double. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get the beagles across the state to their rescue.

Then the icing on the cake is my mother is coming to visit on Thursday and is staying until the 1st so I'm going to have to listen to the speeches about wasting my life on animals, hair on my sofa, cats on the counter, dogs sitting on the sofa while I sit on the floor, griping about my constant animal activity, etc. I love her a lot but a little Momma goes a long way and she doesn't understand my dedication to the furbabies.

So please, I am begging, someone take this kitty. I just put the photos up, sometimes it take a bit so if they are not viewable now, please check back later.

weekendrescuer
12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
has he been found a home/foster yet?

kuhio98
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
weekendrescuer, Julia found a rescue for Simon in Columbus, Ohio. I haven't heard whether he has been adopted yet or not. I could e-mail Julia if you're interested. She might be able to find out what happened to him.

Tora Oni
12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
http://va.siameserescue.org/ I wish the best of luck with Simon and your own companions. I hope he finds a forever home soon. Though I think there is a Siamese rescue. iIts va.siameserescue.org It is a rescue cater that has a no-kill and non-profit oraganization Dedicated to rescuing abused and abondoned Siamese cats. I looked and the have all sorts of mixes even ragdoll mixes. The cover from Maine to Florida and westward to Indiana. They might have some partners that can help.