PDA

View Full Version : My Best Kept Secret - I'm finally showing you!

Dixieland Dancer
03-01-2002, 01:54 PM
I know this is the dog board but this is usually the only place I post.

I would like to introduce you to another family member. This is Marty - Short for Martin.

We got him on Martin Luther King's birthday a few years ago and since he is all black thought it was appropriate to call him Martin. That really was the logic! LOL :) My husband is a cat lover and his cat of 16 years passed away a few months earlier. We thought Marty would be a help with Dixie's Seperation Anxiety (before Dusty came along) and little did we know, the two became inseperable. They even bathed each other in the kitty cat fashion!

Now that Dusty is here, he has taken over being the cat's playmate and Dixie just kind of watches. It really is comical. Sorry it's taken so long to post a picture of him. He is the neatest cat!

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35479/curr/5730358_20020301_144322_20020301144322.jpg

Marty and Dixie

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35479/curr/8678274_20020301_144343_20020301144343.jpg

slleipnir
03-01-2002, 01:59 PM
Wow! he's so adorable!!

Former User
03-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Marty is absolutely handsome!! And that red suits him well! Nice picture too, I wonder what is he seeing out there...

sasvermont
03-01-2002, 02:07 PM
What a beautiful kitty. I especially like the photo of the dog and cat on the floor together. What a shot! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2002, 02:08 PM
My cat Chester wants a red collar too, now that he's seen how stunning Marty looks in his. Looks like mom has some shopping to do. :D

Of course, I think Marty is a winner too! :)

Randi
03-01-2002, 02:57 PM
What a great picture of Marty and Dixie, they're adorable - and you can tell they love each other! :D Give them a hug from us!

Fister & his mom ;)

Dixieland Dancer
03-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Marty is absolutely handsome!! And that red suits him well! Nice picture too, I wonder what is he seeing out there...

He was watching Dixie out in the snow. If you look close you can see snow on the pine tree behind him.

Former User
03-01-2002, 03:10 PM
On the second pic Marty looks like he wants to get out of the pic as soon as possible, so that his fellow cat mates can't see him hanging around friendly with a dog :D It's as he's sneaking out from the pic, they way he's walking...

Kfamr
03-01-2002, 03:31 PM
.... i was kind of cautious wheh opening this thread, i dont know what i was waiting for... but the kittie is cute! im just glad it wasnt as scary as i thought it would be... hehe:p

Cincy'sMom
03-01-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm not usually a cat person, but I love the pic with Dixie!!!

tatsxxx11
03-01-2002, 04:31 PM
What a gorgeous kitty Marty is! And I just love it when the kitty's and canine's have a love fest!!:) You have such a special family! What took you so long to share him with us?!!;)

jackiesdaisy1935
03-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Dixie, Marty is just beautiful, I love that picture of him sitting up, he looks so sleek and shiny, what a beauty., and I do love the picture of him with Dixie, they look like best buds in the photo.
Dixie, looks so calm and serene, what a beauty she is too.
Jackie

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-01-2002, 07:01 PM
YOU CAN'T KEEP SOMETHING THAT PRETTY A SECRET FOR LONG!! :D :)

Logan
03-01-2002, 08:32 PM
What a great looking boy, Dixie!!!!! :D Marty is a beautiful black cat (my dream cat is a black cat)!!! And I love that he and the dogs get along so well. Those pictures I have with my Mimi cuddled up with Honey and Lilly are my most special ones!! :)

AdoreMyDogs
03-01-2002, 08:50 PM
Oh goodness what a beautiful little panther Marty is :) He's absolutely beautiful in his shiny, sleek black coat :)

Dixie is an angel, too :) I LOVE her :)

Sudilar
03-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Adorable!

shais_mom
03-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Oh! Candy! This picture gives me hope!
I saw you had posted awhile back about you sharing your bed with two goldens and a cat and I was confused and I asked you about it and you never answered!
When I was opening this I was hoping it was your kitty! He is gorgeous! I am so glad to dogs get along with him so well, and that you finally shared him! You should venture to the cat side once in awhile.

Pam
03-02-2002, 07:28 AM
I remember reading a post a while back that you had a cat and have been hoping for a chance to see him. He was worth the wait! What a handsome fellow Marty is! It looks as though he and Dixie are great pals! I would love to hear about more of Marty's antics over at the cat boards!

RachelJ
03-02-2002, 08:10 AM
Marty is certainly a pretty kitty, but the best part is that everybody gets along like that. Based on how my dogs act when they used to see the former neighbor's cat, I have my doubts that we could add a *Marty* to our home. Was he a kitten when you got him or full grown? Where did you get him from. Details, Candy, we need details. :)

Dixieland Dancer
03-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ
Was he a kitten when you got him or full grown? Where did you get him from. Details, Candy, we need details. :)

Marty was 10 months old when we brought him home. He was on his way to the shelter when I intercepted him as a potential playmate for Dixie. He was in a box on the beginning of the ride home but I couldn't stand his whining so I let him out. He immediately went right to my left shoulder and perched himself there for the remainder of the ride home. Even now when he goes for car rides that is his spot.

I thought there would be an adjustment period but Marty came in the house, I showed him the litter box, he used it, and then acted as though he lived here forever. And he will!!! :D

aly
03-02-2002, 11:20 PM
How could you hold that beautiful boy out on us Candy? :) He's wonderful. I love the pic of him with Dixie. I have such a soft spot for black cats because of my special girl :)

Gio
03-04-2002, 03:54 AM
How beautiful! But everyone knows I'm partial to black cats :D