PDA

View Full Version : Really Long Leashs

Puppy_Love4
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I have seen alotta people with some really long leashs that is longer then 6foot, Does anyone know where i can get one at..

AllAmericanPUP
08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
you can get a 20ft leash at wal-mart for about $7

binka_nugget
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I bought a couple 20 footers at the dollar store. The buckle is really weak but it could easily be replaced with a stronger one.

Puppy_Love4
08-10-2005, 09:17 PM
well my walmart only has the 5foot leashs:(

gemini9961
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Why don't you look at getting a retractable leash. PetsMart has them. :)

AllAmericanPUP
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Puppy_Love4
well my walmart only has the 5foot leashs:(

well I know in my wal-mart the 20 foot leashes arent with the other leashes and collars, they are with the tie outs.
try lookin there? if you already have then i'm sorry.

petsmart or petco should have a long lead.

if not then you can always go to your local hardware store and buy some nice durable string or whatever and the clip and make your own leash:D

Puppy_Love4
08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by gemini9961
Why don't you look at getting a retractable leash. PetsMart has them. :)
Don't have a petsmart

grybai
08-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I got Payson's retractable leash at Target for a pretty decent price. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I know the exact same one cost twice as much at Petsmart.

Almita
08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Well I my place they are selling 10ft long leashes at Petco but they said they are not selling around the worl so idk about where you are at.

AllAmericanPUP
08-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Puppy_Love4
Don't have a petsmart

go to any pet store or any place that sells pet items, your bound to find something..i'd hope lol.

or like I said, you can always make one yourself:)

slleipnir
08-11-2005, 12:08 PM
I got a 40ft one from our local pet store...

finn's mom
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't recommend the retractable leashes, but, you should be able to find a long leash at any place that sells pet supplies. You can also just fashion a leash out of rope or something from home depot or lowe's. I know that's what my friend did. She just tied a really long rope around the dog's collar. Not the prettiest thing, but, served it's purpose...wasn't very good on her hands! ;) Don't tie it around the dog's neck, obviously, but, if you double knot it around the collar, it should be fine. I'd think you could find a leash, though, if you just look for a pet store...that's weird that your walmart doesn't have one...do you have a target? I've even seen them at grocery stores before.

Kfamr
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Here's some on Pet Edge.
http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=489&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=561&iSubCat=618&iSubSubCat=629&iProductID=489

15FT for $5.99
PetEdge is a very good site, too, we've ordered from there before and had great service and they shipped within a few days.

elizabethann
08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Hahaha...I had to read this thread twice. I thought it was titled Really Long LASHES. I expected to open it up and see dogs with long lashes...not leashes!

On another note, I've been interested in purchasing a long leash for Fenway too. I think I might buy the one at Pet Edge.

Thanks!

:)

Suki Wingy
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Most hardware stores and even fabric stores have the same leash quality nylon. I have made leashes to specific lengths with thoses. I bought a clip and sewed the handle and clip on and they have held up to Muscle-Man NiƱo who has broken several leashes.

Cessa's Mom
08-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Our Walmart has 20 ft. training leashes. I went there yesterday and saw them on the bottom shelf underneath the collars and regular leashes. They had them in red and blue coiled up.

Tonielle
08-12-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm sure most people are aware, but just in case...

You must be careful with retractable and long leads... Dogs can injure themselves or others if they are not kept under control.

A friend's mother (very responsible and loving dog owner) recently lost her wee doglet because he was hit by a car and killed while on the retractable lead.

:(