PDA

View Full Version : Mini Pet Talk Meeting: Boston

Karen
08-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Laurie (lbaker) is in Boston for a few days - staffing a booth at a convention for her work. So we made plans, and drove in last night and picked her up at her hotel to take her to dinner. Really of course, the point was to gab, but there was food involved as well!

We had a lovely time, and it was awfully fun to see her again! We have now met with Laurie in Texas, PA and Boston - a well traveled lady! :) Her convention runs until 7 p.m. each night, so we didn't have time to do much other than dinner, but she got to see a little of the suburbs from the highway, anyway.

We didn't take a lot of pictures, I think there's one I can post - I'll do that tonight.

This also is to remind anyone who travels to Boston on business (or even for pleasure) - let us know! We'd love to meet you all, too!

slick
08-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey, so you got to see my big sister??? Darn, I should have asked you to give her a hug from me.

Isn't Laurie a joy to know?? So glad you had a great time and can't wait to see the picture. Don't know if I will ever meet you, Karen....I never get to Boston. :(

Logan
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
How nice for all of you!!!!! Of course, I'm green with envy. I'd love to head back up that way and see you, Karen, meet Paul, and also see Sandra again. There are so many others who aren't far from you. One day, we will do it again!

Logan

Karen
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Finally! Here's the promised picture - yeah, it was a tad windy!
http://KarenWatts.com/i/LaurienMe.jpg

Killearn Kitties
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
:D What a lovely picture!! :D You both look like you are having such a great time!

Logan
08-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Don't you both look beautiful!!!!! :)

jenluckenbach
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
you both look wonderful!!! wish I was there with you both.

lbaker
08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
:o :o :o ;) What a great evening we had! Paul & Karen are such a treat and we all yakked so much we could hardly eat (not to mention that the restaurant they took me to is well known for their HUGE portions!). At one point we started talking about books and I happened to mention I had finished the book I was reading and moaning about not having one for the ride back to DC. Well folks, wouldn't you know there was a message the next evening after the show that there was something for me at the hotel desk. There was. I lovely bag of books, a Pet notepad and a note from Karen. PetTalkers are the best!!!

slick
08-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi Karen - so nice to see your smiling face. I just have to meet you one day. :) :)

Laurie - **smooch** ;)

So nice to hear of the good time you all had. Makes me homesick for Pet Talkers. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Laurie....is that you under that fancy shmancy black shawl and pearls??? :eek: ;) :D And is that a - gasp - dress??!! :eek:

Just kidding of course, you both look wonderful and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. ;) :D

Barbara
08-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Laurie....is that you under that fancy shmancy black shawl and pearls??? :eek: ;) :D And is that a - gasp - dress??!! :eek:

Thanks for formulating the phrases I could only think:D
Laurie and Karen- you look so great:D

Edwina's Secretary
08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh my gosh.......Laurie... you look so different without your hair pulled over your face!:D :D

trayi52
08-12-2005, 05:24 PM
You are both very beautiful women! Looks like you two had lots of fun!

Willie:)

wolflady
08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
That's so sweet! :D Isn't Laurie a gem? :D I'm so glad you all had a nice dinner.

**hugs**

lbaker
08-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Well H3LL far ya'll.. I kin clean up purdy gud, ya know? :p :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm glad that you had a great meeting and I love the picture of the two of you.:) You clean up beautifully Laurie.;)

gini
08-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Wow! Laurie! Kenneth was absolutely right!

Boy, you sure didn't wear that stuff at my house - pearls????

Who woulda thunk it!!

You both look as though you were having the best time.........and how could you not - out with the Mayor and her husband?

Lord, I hope you didn't tell her "everything" that happened at the 3rd. Annual (just kidding):D