PDA

View Full Version : LucyBelle in surgery :((((

LorraineO
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
for those of you who care half as much for my lil girl as I do,,, I wanted to let you know she is currently in surgery as I type this,,,,,
Two days ago,, she and her brother Merlin were eating thier milkbone cookies when a flock of birds landed in our backyard,, when Lucy spotted them,, she went into aggressive barkling with a nouthful of cookie and choked.... We didnt think any of it as she seemed fine until later that night,,, she began to cough somewhat.... to be careful,, we took her to the vets and they gave her some meds for her throat as they couldnt see anything but could see she was sore,, and meds for her ear,, she has a small infection in one,,,, well later that night,,, she got worse,,, she coughed more and more and was throwing up a bit,,,, it was like having a newborn in the house,,,,,, well we took her back this morning,,,,
Three sets of xrays, a barium swallow and many blood tests later she was sent to another vet in town for surgery,,, The xrays have shown a malformation in her asophegus that needs looking at right away,,, they warned us it could be a tear or it could be less serious,,, we will find out today.... either way,, it looks as tho she will require special tube feeding for the next while.....

Will keep you posted on my girl and if you could spare a moment,, a doggie prayer would be apprciated by her and my family.
Here she is yesterday,,, not too thrilled of course....

beeniesmom
08-04-2005, 12:59 PM
OH NO!
Poor sweetheart.
I hope she will be fine.
We are all praying for her and you right now.
Get well soon.

Jadapit
08-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh Lorraine the picture of her breaks my heart.:( Poor sweet Lucy!!! She will be in my thoughts and prayers. ~GET WELL SOON LUCY~

slleipnir
08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Poor sweet girly!! Get better soon!

Cinder & Smoke
08-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi God ~

Prayer Pups again ...
Got anudder wun - Miz LucyBelle needz You
inna Sir Jury room ASAP!

Please guide da Sir Jury guy's hanz an Help fix up her throat.

We're all Prayin itz a Quick Fix!

Thanks God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

lizbud
08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh LucyBelle.:( I will say strong prayers for a quick and
complete recovery.Please feel better soon sweetie.

Ginger's Mom
08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh poor baby. Hoping that it is something that they can fix easily and she has a quick and easy recovery.

lute
08-04-2005, 01:27 PM
POOR LUCYBELLE!!!:( i hope she gets better soon. gotta be careful with those milkbones.:(

Glacier
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh, dear! We will keep all paws crossed for Lucy's quick and complete recovery!

luvofallhorses
08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Oh no, poor Lucybelle :( She will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

gemini9961
08-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Get well soon LucyBelle. All PT dogs need to be healthy and happy.

K9soul
08-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Lorraine, how very frightening :(. I can't imagine the stress and worry you are going through right now. Please know that your baby girl is in my thoughts and prayers. {{Hugs}} and comfort to you across the miles. Please let us know when you find out anything. Wish I could do more :(. Praying for LucyBelle.

shutterbug0303
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
:( :( :( Lucy - we love ya girl!!!!!! You've got to get better quick so we don't worry to much about you!!!!

I'm so so sorry this is turning out this way Lorraine!! Lucy is definitely in my continual prayers right now!!! I love that little girls face!!! Give it gentle kisses from me when you see her please.

{{{hugs}}}

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Aw poor Lucybelle. Sending lots of good thoughts your way for a safe surgery & speedy recovery.

molucass
08-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Sending lots of good luck wishes and get well vibes to Lucybelle!

Logan
08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Poor thing. I hope you will get good news after the surgery. We will keep her in our prayers. Gosh, that prayer list is getting pretty long!

Logan

pipersmom
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Lucy Belle,

I hope the doctor knows what a precious girl he/she is working on.

Lorraine-Bless your heart for having to experience this. It is obvious how much you love your babies, and any of us who love ours kids can feel your pain.

Prayers going up for your family, Lucy Belle, and Merlin (who probably misses his sissy).

Hugs to you.

LorraineO
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Well,, after an hour of surgery,,, she is doing okay,,,, her muscle around the top of the stomach that connects to the aspohgus was widened due to food being caught in her upper tract area.. it made the muscles loose and she had a VERY BAD and painful case of reflux.... The dr said she had to be is alot of pain due to the redness and streaking he saw in the scope...... We saw her for a moment and she was pretty dieorientated and frantic due to the drugs... she has to be hospitilised overnight and all day tomorrow and on IV drugs and fluids for the time being.......
thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.. it is VERY appreciated and needed..... lets hope she will recover completely!!

pipersmom
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
That poor baby girl--but thank Goodness she will be okay.

She will remain in my prayers Lorraine.

shutterbug0303
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Phew! Glad she's out of surgery now and on the road to recovery. We're still prayin' lots of prayers for that girl! Please let us know how things go tonight....

{{{hugs to everyone}}}

Jadapit
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Thats good news Lorraine! You will both be in my thoughts.
(((((HUGS((((( to you and Lucy. I know how scared you were for your baby. I'm so happy Lucy will be ok.:)

anna_66
08-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh goodness LucyBelle, I'm so sorry to hear this:(
I'm glad it all went well with the surgery and hope she has a complete recovery.

I'll be saying a prayer for you girl:)

Oggyflute
08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Best thoughts and wishes for Lucybelle, I hope she gets through OK.

sammy101
08-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I hope Lucybelle has a successfull recovery,and i'll be thinking of her!:)
{{{Hugs}}}

senorita02
08-04-2005, 08:25 PM
I hope Lucy is recovering and on her way to her self again!!
She is such a sweetie!

robinh
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Poor baby girl! Get well soon LucyBelle, we're saying lots of prayers for a fast and full recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
What a devastating thing this is for you Lorraine and beautiful LucyBelle. Who would ever think something like this would happen? Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Mom, Miss LucyBelle. Please recover quickly sweetheart.

Lorraine, we haven't seen you post much lately and it's good to hear from you again. Sorry it was under such terrible circumstances. Take care and give Lucy a kiss for us. She's a very lovely girl:)

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah

RobiLee
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Oh my :( . I'm thinking about LucyBelle and praying she has a speedy recovery.

lv4dogs
08-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear the surgery was a success. I'm still sending get well thoughts.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Add our best wishes to all the others!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh my, I just saw this. I'm glad she is going to be alright.
She is in my prayers.
Get well soon, Lucybelle.

LorraineO
08-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Lucy is home at last,,,, she still has her IV catherder in just in case,, but she drank some water and ate some of the special food she has to be on since she came home,,, so most likely it will come out tomorrow.

We thank you for all your good wishes.... here she is with her Vet Dr Anthony.

Ginger's Mom
08-05-2005, 12:26 PM
I am glad to hear that LucyBelle is home, and that she even managed to eat some of her special food. Just rest and take it easy for a few days, Lucy, and I hope you feel better real soon.

kittycats_delight
08-05-2005, 12:35 PM
So glad to hear she is home and sounds like she is on the mend too. Lots of healing vibes to lead LucyBelle on her road to a speedy and full recovery.

Jadapit
08-05-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm so glad she is home and on the mend Lorraine! Give her a hug for me.:)

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2005, 12:40 PM
What great news that you're home and ok Lucybelle!! You look so purdy in your picture!! We heart you Lucy girl. Stay well sweetie!!:D

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

pipersmom
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Welcome home pretty Lucy Belle. We love you!