PDA

View Full Version : Dominique's stone...

Glacier
07-02-2005, 05:41 PM
My husband and I make memorial stones for our critters. Dominique's got moved outside today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/domstone.jpg
It's sitting on the deck beside Hoodoo's and a flower pot. I am going to make a memory garden for all the stones someday, but I'm not sure where to put it yet so for now this is their spot. The glass piece are black and white like her fur, green like her eyes and red like her collar & her favorite blanket.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/stuff/stones.jpg
Dom's seems much fancier than Hoodoo's, but his was the very first one we ever made. Unfortunately, we are better at it now!
I miss you both so much.

Cataholic
07-02-2005, 07:03 PM
How lovely. Both are lovely. Gentle hugs to you, I can tell you are still hurting inside. :(

lizbud
07-02-2005, 07:03 PM
I think they are both very beautiful memorials.The colored
stones are a nice touch too.

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2005, 08:28 PM
They're both very nice.:)

jenluckenbach
07-03-2005, 05:15 AM
A very nice idea. And a garden will be wonderful!

smokey the elder
07-03-2005, 06:59 AM
What a wonderful thing to do for Dominique, a permanent memorial made with your own hands! I'm sure she's purring her approval from the Bridge.

kittycats_delight
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
SO lovely. You couldn't do anything sweeter for her than making that memorial. It was made by you and filled with love and I know Dominique and Hooboo both are thrilled. Dominique is watching over you with loud purrs and knowing she had the best meowmie in the world. Hooboo is watching over your right next to Dominique wagging his tail and also knowing his mommy is the best. Very nice.

{{{HUGS}}}
Michelle

catmandu
07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
AND DOMINIQUE,WAS SHOWING,THE MEMORIAL,THAT YOU MADE,FOR HER.
SHE WAS SO PLEASED,THAT SHE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN,AND WILL ALWAYS,BE IN YOUR HEARTS.
SHE,IS A GREAT CAT,AND MADE,A LOT,OF FRIENDS,AT THE CATADA DAY PARTY.

Queen of Poop
07-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Wonderful, simply wonderful. As I wipe away the tears.

ramanth
07-05-2005, 01:09 PM
What a lovely stone. *hugs*

Kfamr
07-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Those are both very beautiful, and what makes them even more special is the both of you made them with love. I think that makes them nicer than anything.

luvofallhorses
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
They are quite lovely. {{{{hugs}}}}

finn's mom
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I think they're wonderful.

jazzcat
07-06-2005, 04:19 PM
They are beautiful. What a nice memorial.

RobiLee
07-21-2005, 11:06 AM
It is lovely, Glacier. I remember when you did Hoodoo's. Such beautiful memory stones. I would love to have something like that for my RB Chloe.

{{HUGS}}

catmandu
07-22-2005, 08:30 AM
AND DOMINIQUE,AND DISNEY,WERE DISCUSSING THIER MEMORIAL STONES,THE FOUND CATS SAY,THAT THEY HAVE NO STONES,BUT I HAVE HOME MADE COLLAGES,OF THEM,OF SOME,OF THIER BEST PHOTOS,SOTHEY WILL ALWAYS,BE IN MY HEART.
THE OTHER PET ANGELS,THOUGHT,THAT THS WAS ALL RIGHT,TOO,AND ATE THIER RIBS,HAPPILY.
MY CAT ANGELS,WERE PLEASED,THAT I STILL THINK,OF THEM.

heidiv
07-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss that you have had to go through. I too have had my sweet cat of 6 years pass away suddenly and even though it was almost 4 months ago I still ach inside from not having her close to me daily. I am so sorry for your loss and I truely understand what you are going through. I love the plaques that you and your husband have made. It really helps with the healing process. You will have really great days when you think of your companion and there will be really hard days too. Just remember that they will be waiting at the rainbow bridge with out any pain excited to see you once again :) Your memorial is wonderful!

kb2yjx
07-23-2005, 07:56 PM
I think your idea of the stones and planting a memory garden is a wonderful idea!!! After my beloved Miss BooBoo Kitty died 5/11/04, I went and planted a white bleeding heart in her memory. It can back this spring(the deer and the groundhogs did not eat it!), and it gave me some comfort in knowing that Boo was still here with me. The bleeding heart comes in pink and there are several types. It is a perenniel(sp??). They are nice and like a sunny spot!!! Good luck with your garden. Maybe you wil show us photos of it someday!!!! Sandra/kb2yjx