PDA

View Full Version : Do your dogs get Mc Donalds?

beeniesmom
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I just went to lunch (to McDonalds). I don't go very often. I know it's bad for you. Well, I got a cheeseburger and fries. I ate the fries and Beenie ate the burger. She never does that. I hope she doesn't get an upset stomach. I can't believe she ate the whole thing. I offered her a little piece and she just kept on eating it... pickels and all!:confused:

Bigyummydog
06-06-2005, 12:40 PM
MAXIMUS does get something off the menu when we're all out like that. We don't do that to often. I think the last thing he had was a plain hot dog from Sonic. MAXIMUS would spit the pickles out.

Ginger's Mom
06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Yes, my dog gets McDonald burgers. :o But what you can also do, is just ask for a patty for the dog. I do that when we are on the road to Florida. Some McDonald's do it with no problem (and charge 50 cents for the patty) and others ask you to repeat your request :o .

Glacier
06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Yup. Whenever i bring one to town with me, they get a cheeseburger, plain, no bun. They love it and it's an extra special treat for them.

ParNone
06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Mine are partial to Sonic and Taco bell. At Taco bell, I usually give each one a bite of my Taco salad. And at Sonic I usually get them a Jr. Burger and they usually get a couple of licks of my Sunshine Smoothie too. Figure a bite or lick of something every once in awhile is not enough to give them any digestive issues.

Par...

cyber-sibes
06-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I usually save mine a bite or two of the burger. Star loves fries, too. My mom used to go through the drive-thru and order her dog a plain hamburger!

Anita Cholaine
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
We try to dont give anita that kind of things, but sometimes you can't resist to her adorable face........and also when she wants something she finds the way to get it!

beeniesmom
06-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks Guys!
I thought I made a booboo!
Once in a while, I'll give her a bite but never a whole burger again! She seemed to have really enjoyed it.
She only wieghs 20 lbs.
hehe:D

Kfamr
06-06-2005, 01:19 PM
They're not allowed to have any of that, I try not to eat it either. :p

luvofallhorses
06-06-2005, 01:20 PM
They don't get McDonalds but they do get Wendy's :p I think once in awhile is fine, but not all the time. :p

lv4dogs
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
My guys always get their own burger whenever we go through the drive-thru, actually they always get something from any drive-thru. It's usually a plain hamburger or cheeseburger, sometimes mc nuggets.
If we go to the vets or any partially tramatic event or if they were on their best behavior for an event I make a special trip there just for them.
I allow all my dogs to eat people food so their systems are used to it. Granted I don't give them a lot of people food but they do get some just about every day.

aly
06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Did you have onions on your burger? Onions are toxic to dogs, but they have to eat a large amount to get really sick. I'm sure if there were any on your burger, it shouldn't be enough to make Beenie sick. Just keep your eye on her and make sure she's acting normal.

beeniesmom
06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
no onions.... just pickels!
She seems to be fine.
She playing with her squeeky toys.

tikeyas_mom
06-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I dont let my dogs eat fast food... they get upset tummies...
mainly oscar does.. if he eats anything that is "human food", he pukes..

elizabethann
06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
When I do go to Mickey D's, Fenway gets his own burger. I take the onions and the pickle off. He LOVES it. Though the last time I went it was thundering out and he was so nervous he didn't eat it.

finn's mom
06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Nah, not usually. Finn eats "human food" only, but, not usually cooked. And, as far as what I purposely feed him, it's usually healthy. ;) I wouldn't freak if he got ahold of McDonald's, but, it would have to be accidentally. I try to avoid it myself, actually, I always feel so nasty after I eat most fast food.

Corinna
06-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Merlin and I were oppisite I would eat the burger and he would get the fries. He thought the Wendys fries were the best.

IRescue452
06-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Mine get fast food once in a while, except now because Autumn's dieting. I usually get them a small fry or plain burger and I love that McDonalds has yogurt parfaits they can have on hot days. I don't give them pickles because it upsets their stomachs. I hear cooked onions won't hurt dogs in such small amounts but I don't get them anyway.

animal_rescue
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
I hardly get McDonalds myself but when I do, the dogs usually get some fries or something(I usually lick the salt off of them first though:o )

LKPike
06-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I would rather eat sewage than mcdonalds :p and same goes for my puppers.

bckrazy
06-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Gonzo likes the vanilla soft-serve :p

Logan
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
No McDonald's here.............we have them, but our dogs (and I) have never visited.

Bigyummydog
06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Gonzo likes the vanilla soft-serve :p
We went to one of our local drive-thru's to get a cone, and it suprised me when Kevin ordered MAXIMUS his own baby cone. Apparently they've done it before....:p

anna_66
06-06-2005, 06:32 PM
On the occassion that they are with me when I go to a drive through, yes...they get something. Bon actually got a jr roast beef & some fries a couple of weeks ago when we were out of town.

A few years ago we actually took Angus to Burger King for his birthday. Everytime he would hear the word Whopper he would cock his head to the side as if he knew what we were talking about. So that's what he had for dinner...a Whopper & fries:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pae9668044f06098b30a16434e15bf0c7/fcbf9b94.jpg
He got ice cream for desert too:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/pea8c4d769041ef9d995ec4f6f3722b14/fcbf9af3.jpg

cassieknipp1987
06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
AWWWW CUTE PICS! My dog lilly, loves her ice cream cones, we try not to give her too many, but she loves emm, she used to lilk fries, but has suddenly in the last year refused them. We don't go without picking her up something if she is in the car, I think it is rude, since she is sooo smart, and we used to do it sooo much, I don't think I could just quit, she wouldn't understand, lol, not that I am knocking on those who don't feed their dogs fast food. Well, thanks, just wanted to toss in a comment,
LA Cassie and Lilly

Oggyflute
06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
To be honest I don't feed that chemical combination to myself so I certainly wouldn't feed it to my pups.

They might get a little bit of ice-cream on the odd occasion I my have it.:)

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
We don't go to McDonald's!! (yuch!):p;)

cyber-sibes
06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Anna, I love the pictures of Angus's birthday meal at Burger King! Looks like he is really enjoying himself!

senorita02
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Those pictures of Angus are amazing!

No my dogs dont get people food, they have in the past, but nothing greasy and lardy, lol its not good for humans, so i cant imaging it is good for my babies, they stick to dog food, veggies and chicken.
My dad tried to sneak Face potato chips yesterday when i left the room and i was watching and Face wouldnt even eat them he turned his nose up! LOL

ramanth
06-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Kia gets McD's or BK as a treat now and then. I don't really like to eat all the fries (unless I'm starving) so she'll get those and sometimes her own burger.

akaspaddero
06-08-2005, 12:26 PM
We don't go to Mc'Ds too often. But I do stop once in a while to get the kids a cone.

Twisterdog
06-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Once in a while we will get the dogs plain hamburgers from McDonalds ... just meat and bread. I'm talking like twice a year, though.

aly
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Logan
No McDonald's here.............we have them, but our dogs (and I) have never visited.

You've never been to McDonald's ???? Go out right now and get a Happy Meal, sister! McDonald's is definately one of my guilty pleasures :o

bckrazy
06-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
I would rather eat sewage than mcdonalds :p and same goes for my puppers.

LMAO.. I dont think its that horrible. Sewage is slightly worse :p... my friend just was telling my last night that Mickey D's puts sawdust in their burgers as a filler. ewwwww! I doubt its true, but it just grosses me out. I haven't had a burger there for at least 5 years. I always get chicken mcnuggets or a salad, or a Mcflurry.. theyre new salads are good. My family almost never goes there. Now that I'm driving, its tempting ^_~

katienoonan
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Lucy gets her own burger (no onion) and she loves their ice cream so she gets that sometimes. We don't do it all the time but when it's very hot and we are out and about I will buy her ice cream. She would rather have that than a burger!

wolf_Q
06-09-2005, 04:40 PM
When I have Nebo and go through a drive-through (not necessarily McDonalds just any fast food...) usually I give Nebo a little bite, like a fry or something..not much. Melissa and I did buy a sausage mcmuffin and let Lady and Nebo share it once.

LuckiLab03
06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
If anybody has ever seen the documentary "Supersize me" you'll never want to eat McDonalds again. I used to eat fast food 3-4x a week when I was in school and now I barely go at all. I stay away from all McDonalds except to get ice cream. You know McDonalds is bad for you, but you don't see how MUCH it is until you see "Supersize me." Riley used to get some french fries after dog school but we don't do it anymore.

Varga
06-09-2005, 07:59 PM
We don't have a McDonald's here :eek:

So, I've only eaten McDonalds when I've been abroad.. and that's like twice in my entire life..

Needless to say.. Tiki has never even seen a McDonalds hamburger..

dappledoxie
06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I might give them a teeny tiny piece of a fry after I've licked all the salt I can off of it, but it's not really enough to speak of and I haven't eaten at McDonald's but about two time in the past year, I'm proud of myself hehehe

cubby31682
06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
When we go, if Gracie is with us we will order her something. She has to wait until we get home and finish eating before she can have hers. We order it with out onions, she loves the bread and pickles. I always leave a few fries for her too. When I get home from work (I work at Mc Donalds) I might bring her a little ice cream. (It's only happened 2 or 3 times since we got her) I might bring her a piece of grilled chicken. If I bring something home I try to make sure she doesn't get many of the fried products. I know I give her a few fries once in a while but I never do nuggets, crispy chicken or anything like that.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-10-2005, 01:06 PM
My dogs have never had anything fast food. They are all so little (ranging from 6 lbs to 13 lbs) it would make them sick.

Roxyluvsme13
06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I have fed my pooch lots of fast food but not much mcdonalds