PDA

View Full Version : Autumns not eatting a lot, really skinny....*need help!*

Toby's my baby
05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Autumn isn't eating very much, only about 2 cups a day. I dont know if thats normal or not....? I have been trying to get her to eat at least 3 cups a day, 1 cup in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 at night, but she wont eat it. She is really skinny, and when you pet her you can feel all her ribs, but you cant see then when you look at her. Its gross to even scratch her tummy, I am worried I will hurt her.
This morning when I fed her, she would only eat 1/2 a cup. :(

Please give me some advice if you can, I really want to help her gain some weight.

cali
05-30-2005, 01:52 PM
you can feel all her ribs but cant see them, that sounds like perfect weight to me lol

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 01:54 PM
She sounds like she could use a LITTLE weight but not too much. I think just with a regular feeding she'll be fine.

Toby's my baby
05-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, thanks!! :) I just didnt know if that was normal for a puppy or not, thanks for your help, I wont worry about that anymore!:)

flamepony12
05-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Hope she does better soon! So you're keeping her for sure? She's adorable :)

pet411
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
What are you feeding her?She might be allergic to the dog food.

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:49 PM
You should be able to feel her ribs slightly, but, if you can't see them, she's probably not too bad off. Is she extremely active? Maybe get her eating a different kind of food. I forget, how old is she? Maybe even feed her less food, more times a day. Like 1/2 a cup at each meal, maybe she's just into eating smaller portions. And, you can use the guide on the bag of dog food as a guide to how much a dog of her weight should be eating. But, ideally, you should be able to see the her waist and even a rib or two when she's turning around or something. If you become more concerned, though, a visit to the vet may be the best thing for you to ease your mind. :)

pet411
05-30-2005, 10:35 PM
read this thread that i already posted.this could help you,if its the dog food:D
heres the thread link http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80434

IRescue452
05-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Is this a normal thing for her or something she just started? I would watch for any signs of health problems. If she isn't very active than perhaps she is just not hungry enough to eat all you give her, and if she is very active than her weight sounds normal and I wouldn't worry. You wouldn't believe how many dogs at the park by us look almost emaciated just because they are so active. They are otherwise in good health. As long as she isn't showing signs of a health problem I would be happy for her, my Autumn is 10 pounds overweight and is shows healthwise. What type of food do you feed her?