PDA

View Full Version : Dreams do come true!

lute
05-24-2005, 12:04 PM
my family are moving back to indiana in a month or two and the house we're moving to is pretty big and hage a huge yard. i was just watching TV with my parents last night and my dad sad "when we get to indiana would you like to get a great dane? we'll have the room and you'l have the time for it.".......:eek: :eek: :eek: ......i jumped up and hugged both my parents and said of course! that's not even a question!

we taked about it for a while and it really is going to happen! i've tried to get one before, but we either couldn't have one in the apartment or something else happend.

ya'll, i'm so excited and can't wait to add four more BIG feet to my clan!:D i just had to tell the good news!

gemini9961
05-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Wow that is so cool. I'm jealous as I want a Great Dane too. We have a yard big enough for one but I have 2 small dogs and I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with such a huge dog. Keep us updated and post some pics when you finally get your Dane. :D

wolfsoul
05-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Cool! :D Do you think you'll show the dane? Any breeders or rescues picked out? What colour do you think you want?

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
That's great news:D You're SO lucky, I've wanted another Dane for years but whenever we come close to getting one my Dad changes his mind.

crsvstang
05-24-2005, 01:45 PM
That is really cool! I am jealous Great Dane is my dream dog.:D You are really lucky! Maybe in 5 years maybe we will have bigger place for one.

lute
05-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Cool! :D Do you think you'll show the dane? Any breeders or rescues picked out? What colour do you think you want?

show quality danes are very expensive! i like just showing Gracie right now. i think i want it as a pet. i am talking to a breeder in IL that may be holding a black male pup for me.
here's a pic of the pup:
http://community-2.webtv.net/aadanes/AADANESbookofdanes/scrapbookFiles/postedD35.jpg
ain't he a cutie!

finn's mom
05-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't see the photo you posted, but, that's so awesome that you're getting the dog you want!

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 02:14 PM
That really is exciting!! How fun!!

Can't wait to see pictures!! :)

animal_rescue
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Congrats! It must be really exciting!:D

Suki Wingy
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Awsome News! Can't wait for pics...

Oggyflute
05-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Great news lute, eagerly awaiting pics.:)

bckrazy
05-25-2005, 01:56 AM
That's awesome!! I'm sure Gracie and Beenie will love a big yard too :)

There are also tons of Danes in rescue, too. . can't get any cheaper than adoption, and you wouldn't have to go through the puppy stages!

*this* (http://www.hhdane.com/danes/1danelist.htm) is an awesome Dane rescue!! It's in Ohio, but they adopt out to Indiana. . OMG, there are some gorgeous Danes there :)

lovingisliving76
05-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Thats wonderful news! I TOTALLY know how you feel! My dream dog has always been a Mastiff. But due to us being in the military and moving so much it has never been a possibility. We've just had our Lab and Aussie. Which I've always loved and adored. Due to my husband getting injured while in the Army we are now moving back home to NC. He surprised me by saying we could an English Mastiff. We've already found one who is waiting for us to get to our new house so we can bring her home! Congratualtions to you and good luck with finding your new baby!

LKPike
05-25-2005, 07:53 AM
awwww! Congrats Lexie :) We know youve wanted one for so long, maybe a big brother is what Missie Gracie needs to get her to respect Mr Beanie ;)

lute
05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
That's awesome!! I'm sure Gracie and Beenie will love a big yard too :)

There are also tons of Danes in rescue, too. . can't get any cheaper than adoption, and you wouldn't have to go through the puppy stages!

*this* (http://www.hhdane.com/danes/1danelist.htm) is an awesome Dane rescue!! It's in Ohio, but they adopt out to Indiana. . OMG, there are some gorgeous Danes there :)
i turned down the breeder with the up because he was just breeding his pets. he didn't show the dogs. i don't wnt to buy frm a BYB. i think i'll go with a rescued adult. i'm going through the puppy stage with Gracie and it's pretty easy, but i don't think i want to go through it again for a while.lol

the rescue link you gave me only adopts to the eastern part of IN. i'm gonna be living in the southwest part of the state. i look at that rescue all the time and they do have BEAUTIFUL dogs there.