PDA

View Full Version : FYI American Greetings

shais_mom
01-29-2002, 11:45 PM
Just wanted everyone to have a heads up. www.americangreetings.com is now like bluemountain.com and have a paid membership. But both offer "everyday cards" still for free and still have a nice selection of those! Truly Stinks that everyone wants money somehow!

ramanth
01-30-2002, 08:30 AM
I know. It sucks! grrrrrr..

http://www.egreetings.com is the same way. I think they are all a part of American Greetings and thus the goods cards you get charged for. :mad:

Dixieland Dancer
01-30-2002, 09:02 AM
American Greetings charges $11.95 for a year subscription. I subscribe and make all my own birthday, anniversary, etc. cards. I think it is still cheaper than going to the card store to buy them. The new service also lets you add photos and customize your cards more than the free service did.

I also get elected at work to do the "your leaving", Christmas, Get well, etc cards so it benefits me. I can see if you are only making a card occassionally where it would not be justified.

I'm not sure but I think Hallmark charges by the card. :confused:

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-30-2002, 09:39 AM
Hallmark e-cards are free. That's what I use. I love their stuff.

01-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Stacy.... you scare me. We are way WAY too in sync. I just now learned TODAY that Blue Mountain started charging and was ticked off! I needed to put out wedding shower invites for my sister and saw that they want you to sign up and pay! UGH!!!!!