PDA

View Full Version : VERY Pregnant Pit Bull in Texas needs foster home-SOON!

Pit Chick
05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry, I can't post pics, but if you would like to see her, just PM me your email and I can send them to you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-Femal Pit Bull
-White with brindle patches
-VERY pregnant

PLEASE CONTACT GAIL WHELAN AT [email protected] IF YOU CAN HELP

If anyone can offer any help, PLEASE let me know. One of my fosters found this dog (and a young pup) running along Northwest Highway last evening. The mom is obviously going to have puppies very soon. The foster already has more than she can say grace over. This dog is extremely friendly and sweet and looks to be VERY young. Any suggestions or referrals will be greatly appreciated!!

Gail Whelan
Companion Animal Network
ca-n.petfinder.com

LorraineO
05-13-2005, 11:25 AM
any word on this pregnant girl and her soon to be pups???

lizbud
05-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
any word on this pregnant girl and her soon to be pups???

I was wondering about her too. Any news? I hope she found a
foster home.

Pit Chick
05-16-2005, 02:03 PM
The update:

She was taken to the SPCA in McKinney on Saturday. She was about to deliver at any moment. We could not find anyone to foster her - and the woman who found her has 4 dogs that would not tolerate her being on their turf. We were not happy about this, but didn't feel we had any options. Tami (who found the dogs) spoke at length with the SPCA rep and we were told that she would be put into a stray hold for 72 hours. After that time she would be aborted and then be available for adoption. When asked what would happen if she went into labor BEFORE the 72 hours were up, we were told that she would immediately be placed in a foster home. We were assured that they would NEVER euthanize a viable puppy. I hope this is true. We also took her other pup with her, as I could not find anyone to help us with her either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any shelter I've ever dealt with would not consider new born puppies "viable", more like a waist of space for 8-9+ weeks. Then she said this place isn't a shelter. If that's the case, I want to know where these dogs were taken to that has a stray hold and THEN she would be put in a foster home. Why not put her in foster first? She also said they have a Pit Bull program. Sounds to me like this non shelter was feeding them a line of crap. I had a foster willing to take the mom and the pup that was with her if only the person who found her would have been a little more patient. :mad: