PDA

View Full Version : 2 More found a great forever home

Pit Chick
03-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Two more of my foster dogs were adopted together this weekend. A Pit Bull mix and a Heeler mix.

Monte the Pit was a stray who had been hit by a car and had to have an FHO. His foster mom left him outside 24/7 where he escaped several times and was picked up by animal control once and returned to the foster who then dumped him on our shelterless rescue group around Christmas time when all boarding kennels were full. So we took him. He has made himself quite at home with his new family, and made his way to sleeping in the bed, a far cry from a cold stinky dog house.

Mahon the Heeler was born to feral mother with 3 other siblings. We used the pups to catch mom when they were 2 weeks old. All of the pups were adopted out already, but since Mahon is genetically shy with strangers no one wanted to take on that task. He was adopted once and returned because he was too shy. He has always done best with another dog so we made that one of the stipulations to adopt him and he really bonded with Monte so they made a great pair for anyone looking for 2 dogs.

The wife fell in love with Mahon and the husband with Monte. So far so good.

They're pics haven't been removed from the website yet if you want to see their handsome mugs.

www.hppl.org

lizbud
03-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Kudos for fostering and giving these dogs a shot at a happy
life. To tell the true, I never meet a dog who didn't deserve it.:)

You must be very proud to have helped them along the way.

bckrazy
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
aww, those are two very handsome boys! :) how great of you to find them a wonderful furever home.

Can I just say, that I am in LOVE with Bentley the BC :p

Pit Chick
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't met Mr. Bentley. I think he goes to a Petsmart on the other side of town. He's new to the group, but I'm sure he won't last very long.

I almost started boo hooing when someone told us Monte must have been sent to us to help Mahon get into a new home. There goes the goose bumps again.