PDA

View Full Version : I have had the best news!

gini
01-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I have just had the best news.

I posted earlier last year that my dear niece and her husband had lost their beloved Bella to cancer. Bella was a pit bull.
The loss had left my niece totally distraught. Bella was only three years old and my niece had had her since she was a tiny puppy.

I just had a phone call from my niece and she has has just rescued a wonderful dog.

Murphy is one year old. Murphy is a mix between a chocolate lab, pointer and get this.........Great Dane. Murphy at one year old can put his nose easily on the kitchen counter. He weighs 85 pounds at one year.

She said that his paws make Bella look like a chihauhua.:D :D

The pound gave Murphy (he was formerly known as Beau), a bad rap. Said he is really destructive......not house trained, doesn't follow commands.

My niece and her husband have jumped right on that and she has not had one ounce of trouble from Murphy since their adoption on Friday. They have taken Murph for long long hikes and good walks. I think they are just tuckering him out! He will not leave my niece's side........and wants on her lap all of the time.

Murphy! Welcome to the family.........you don't realize it yet, but you now HAVE IT MADE!!

I have to go shopping now, to buy my new "nephew" some toys and treats!

No pictures yet - they are being developed.

Cincy'sMom
01-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I remember the sad news of Bella's passing, and am glad to hear you have a new nephew!! How great that your niece picked a dog that seemed many would have passed by...I'm sure he will be a great dog for them!

Logan
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh, Gini, this is wonderful news!!!! :) I hope that your niece and Murphy will have a wonderful life together!! :D

gini
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Logan, I thought the name Murphy might get your attention.

I absolutely love the name. Doesn't "Beau" sound awful for a dog of that size?

Murphy - perfect name for a perfect dog.

dukedogsmom
01-16-2005, 02:11 PM
That's great! You need to put this in dog general with pics!

gini
01-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That's great! You need to put this in dog general with pics!

As soon as I get pictures, I will post in dog general............but for now, he is a brand new rescue, so I posted it here:)

zippy-kat
01-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Awww congrats! congrats! congrats! :D

Best of luck to Murph in his new furever home!

captain
01-16-2005, 08:52 PM
That is great news Gini ....

slick
01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Miss Gini, Miss Gini......OMD!!!!! I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now. I've been working all weekend and just got home and read your email. I'm so happy for your niece...but don't you know that exciting announcements like this MUST be following immediately with pictures??? ;)

Welcome to Pet Talk sweet Murphy. You've got one wonderful and loving furrever home now!!!
Psssstttt...maybe you can convince your new Mommy to join Pet Talk so we can always keep updated on your progress!

LorraineO
01-16-2005, 09:04 PM
that super!! Welcome home Murphy!

Pit Chick
01-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Congratulations on your new family member. He sounds like a great dog, can't wait to see the pics.

Randi
01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
That's great news, Gini! :D

Welcome to PT, Murphy!

Can't wait to see pictures, and hear how he's doing!

LoudLou
01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Welcome, Murphy! ConDOGulations to all! What a great new family member!

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2005, 11:57 AM
:)

Hey Murphy ~

Did ya get yur *invite* to da big Left Coast BBQ?

We hear dat there's LOTTSA Gud Food!!

Welcome to da PT Gang!!

:D

Rachel
01-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Hannah is in awe of long legs which make counter surfing so much easier. Murphy won't have to stretch and paw reach like she has to.

Congratulations to your niece, Gini. Sounds like Murphy is well on his way to doing some needed heart healing.

slick
01-17-2005, 07:29 PM
**taps foot**
Waiting not-so-patiently for the pics.......;)

GraciesMommy
01-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Welcome Murphy..I like the name

gini
01-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Aww, Slick, but my niece and Murphy are in Napa, CA. and she used a "regular" camera and is having the film developed now.

Once I get them, I will have to try to scan them and post.

Maybe I will call her so I can give you a written report.

Miss Meow
01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Congratulations to your niece and her family on the arrival of Murphy! He sounds like an absolute doll :). I'd like to see a pic of him sitting on your niece's lap ;)

slick
01-23-2005, 01:21 PM
having the film developed now That was on the 17th....film should be developed by now and in the mail. Right?? That means pictures this coming week. Right? What's this? You have to work?

Dear Mz Gini's clients: Please excuse Mz Gini from work for a few days because she has to scan in some pictures for us Pet Talkers. Feel free to call me if you have any further questions. :D ;)