PDA

View Full Version : Great Pyrenees (WV) needs home

kuhio98
01-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 7:01 AM
Subject: [WVShelterPets] Great Pyr X Needs Help - Brooke County, WV

Speck is a really big, fluffy boy, an adult male Great Pyrenees mix. Poor Speck's life has not been an easy one until now. For the last five years, he's lived on a chain outside tied to a box. Speck is really friendly, but head shy when you try to put a leash on him or loop him. He doesn't do anything, but you know by the look in his eyes that he is unsure of what you are doing. The poor guy just doesn't understand that people can be kind!

Speck is at the Brooke County Animal Shelter in Follansbee, WV, where the staff works with him daily by moving him from one pen to another and taking him for walks. He's gradually getting used to the idea of kindness and affection, but it's going to take a little patience and love to turn him into the wonderful pet he has the potential to be. Speck will need an experienced dog owner with background in obedience.

Is there a loving, patient experienced home out there for Speck? If so, please contact:

Brooke County Animal Shelter
Follansbee, WV
( 304 ) 527-3987
[email protected]

Logan
01-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I know there are Great Pyrenees rescue groups, but the only one I am familiar with is in Mississippi. I have done a couple of transports for them. I'll see if I can find her, somehow, and send her a link to this post.

Logan

Logan
01-12-2005, 10:01 PM
I sent an email to everyone whose email address shows at the Appalachin Great Pyrenees Rescue in VA. According to their website, they cover WV and MD as well.

We'll see!!!! :) Fingers and Paws crossed. I'll also continue to try and track down the lady in Mississippi to see if she has any ideas.

Logan

PS (edit): I found the lady in Mississippi and emailed her as well

kuhio98
01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Logan: Thank you!
Fingers and paws crossed. :)

Logan
01-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Not one response from the ones in VA that I emailed. That is always very disappointing. I did hear from the lady in Mississippi, though, and she gave me three names in West Virginia, so I'll try emailing them now. I'll post if I hear anything.

Logan

Logan
01-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Any update on Speck?

I sent an email, myself, just today, to see if they would give me any information.

Logan
01-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Speck is still in the shelter. Where are these so called Rescue groups??????

Rachel
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Logan, what a sweetheart you are to try to help. It breaks my heart to think poor Speck. Isn't this the breed that Sue's parents have adopted several times?

Logan
01-27-2005, 03:16 PM
You are right, Rachel, it is. And Sue had one herself, if I'm not mistaken.

Rachel
01-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, that's right.... Avalanche.

Sudilar
01-27-2005, 08:11 PM
I've just e-mailed the rescue that my parents adopted their dog from to see if she has any contacts in WV. I also tried three more people in that area. I hope someone will be able to help. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Thanks for trying to help this boy, Logan.

Logan
01-28-2005, 09:57 AM
I had emailed Rochelle from the shelter, again, yesterday, to ask if GP rescue had contacted her. She said they did, but she did not tell me which one they were from, and she said they refused to take him because he looked like he was part shepherd. :( She says other rescue groups don't take "extra large" dogs. Well, I would if I were closer.

Poor fellow. Sounds like he is very much loved in the shelter, at least, which is a blessing. Just wish there was a way to get him out of there and at least into foster care.

I will be anxious to hear what you find out, Sue. Sure you don't want another sweet boy????

Logan

Sudilar
01-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I have heard back from the rescue in IL where my parents got two of their rescues. They refused to help because he is out of their area. I am disappointed, needless to say.

One other rescue replied and refused to help because he is not a purebred Pyr. (Our GSD rescue takes in some non purebred dogs.)

I did not hear back from the others yet. There is one more lead I am going to try.

This just breaks my heart.

Sudilar
01-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Another refusal from a Pyr rescue group....doesn't look Pyr enough.
However, she did forward the message to an all breed rescue.