PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Tree is acting weird....

lady_zana
11-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Is this strange occurance happening at any other houses?

My Christmas tree seems to be rejecting all ornaments (can't spell, sorry!) on its lower levels. Everytime I turn my back, when I look back around, one or two colored balls are on the floor. I even found one in the kitchen! Strangely, it doesn't seem to mind decorations higher up. I've asked Grey Girl and she assures me she knows nothing on this matter but has been keeping watch for me diligently under the tree for some time now. Bless her heart, she's not the greatest watch-cat. The longer she sits under the tree, the more balls it flings off! How could this be happening?! :eek: :eek:

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2004, 03:52 AM
This is a very strange phenomenon! I have no ideas to suggest. Have you considered consulting Mulder and Scully? Or even Catnapper's own A&P Investigations?

catcrazylady
11-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Hmmmmmm, this is a perplexing situation. I wonder if the tree doesn't like particular ornaments and is flinging them into the other room?;) :D

QueenScoopalot
11-30-2004, 05:57 AM
It's an unusual phenomenon that tends to occur this time of year. My tree used to fling itself onto the floor in an attempt to rid itself of all ornamentation! :eek: :eek: :eek: I once tried tying a noose around it's neck (do trees have necks) :confused: But it was persisitant in it's efforts to die. Give up now while the going's good. Be careful Grey Girl...those trees can be downright scary this time of year! :rolleyes: :eek: I gave up a few years ago when I came to the realization that these poor trees seem happier outside. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ramanth
11-30-2004, 08:28 AM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

catnapper
11-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Very odd indeed!

Glad that you have such a diligent worker there. Doesn't it make you feel safe? Imagine what would hapen if she wasn't there! The tree might have started shedding balls from the bottom and worked its way up - to the finale of flinging off the star! You couldn't have that! She has kept the shedding to a minimum! What a brave kitty!

Maresche
11-30-2004, 08:36 AM
We've established an uneasy truce with our Christmas Tree. If we do not put any heavy glass ornaments on the lower branches of the tree, the tree will not fling them off. Every year we are told that soft, plush type ornaments will be tolerated on those lower branches, but every year the tree flings them off and we find them under the couch and other pieces of furniture months later.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

Ditto! :D

pitc9
11-30-2004, 10:01 AM
ohhhh good thing you have a great watch cat to keep an eye on things!!

NoahsMommy
11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
You know, I think that happened last year at my house too! I wonder if its a certain specie of tree?

I'll have to watch my tree very carefully this weekend when we get it.

;)

RICHARD
11-30-2004, 12:18 PM
The gravitational pull of the earth causes any object to fall to the ground.

If it were not for the gravity, the ornaments you currently find on the floor would be on the ceiling.

If your tree was outside, those same ornaments would be in a low earth orbit, possible colliding with the telecommuncation satellites currently in place. You would be responsible for any damage caused to that hardware.

OR

It could be that the tree is playing fetch with the cat.

:confused:

catmandu
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
It must be those darned Mice,knocking those balls,on the floor,framing Gray Cat!

rosethecopycat
11-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I've got an easy solution for trees that don't behave.

It only requires some Super Glue, 3 feet of foam rubber, netting, 5 gallon bucket of moth balls, baby fencing, 3 surveillence cameras and a colony of fire ants.
It should solve your tree's problem.

Barbara
11-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
I've got an easy solution for trees that don't behave.

It only requires some Super Glue, 3 feet of foam rubber, netting, 5 gallon bucket of moth balls, baby fencing, 3 surveillence cameras and a colony of fire ants.
It should solve your tree's problem.

If you don't have meezers or abys, 3 gallons of moth balls should do:D

catland
11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, first you should look at the tree and say "bad tree, bad tree". Then you should give it an offering, like a catnip sock or some tuna snacks (trust me, trees really like these) and place the offering in another room to show the tree some respect and privacy.

AmberLee
11-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Ouch! I hurt myself laughing!!! :D :D