PDA

View Full Version : There will be a few changes for Cubby tomorrow.

cubby31682
11-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Tomorrow after noon we are going to go pick up our new dog. We have had dogs here all weekend, and he would growl at them but seemed interested in what they were doing.

The only problem I saw this weekend was, he doesn't know my brother in law and my brother very well and then to add their dogs I think that just messed him up. He only seemed really afraid of them once, one of them barked at him and he turned into a halloween cat.

My plan is, is to keep Gracie in her cage for a little bit and leave the office door open so Cubby can come in and check her out. So that way he can get use to her while she gets use to him, the house and of course us. She loves cats, she wants to play with them as much as possible.

She goes over to the cats that are at her foster mom's house and takes a huge sniff of the cats a few to many times, the cats will slap her nose, she'll walk away then 5 minutes later she does it again. :rolleyes:

Cubby will more than likely run from her if she does that to him though. :o

ramanth
11-29-2004, 01:16 PM
What type of dog is Gracie?

Ohhh Cubby! Zam says, "If the dog likes you, it's no sweat! You can be the boss!!" ;)

Zam puts Kia in her place quite often. :D

cubby31682
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
She is a Doberman. She is beautiful, I received a picture of her today, I have fallen in love with her already!:D

Craftlady
11-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Congrats on the new addition. Cubby will do just fine :)

cubby31682
11-29-2004, 10:51 PM
I hope he will be okay, hubby will be home on Wed. to watch over things with the two of them.

shais_mom
11-29-2004, 11:45 PM
good luck to you and cubby!

AmberLee
11-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Good luck!

Cubby, remind your Meowmy and PawPaw that as senior pet in the house you need bribes to adjust to this huge change in your home!!

cubby31682
11-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Cubby, remind your Meowmy and PawPaw that as senior pet in the house you need bribes to adjust to this huge change in your home!!

Lol. Today I was putting the dog treats into a container, Cubby reached his little paw into the jar to pull one out. I gave it to him and he started eating it. :confused: I always thought Cubby was a cat, but I guess he is a dog trapped in a cats body. :eek:

I have plenty of treats for him, I saved some turkey and ham for him just for this reason!

Although he has been a VERY nawtee boy today. He ran out into the back yard twice today. When he does that, I lock him in the bedroom for a few minutes, and he doesn't do it again. Or he gets squirted with water, but I didn't have it near me today. :rolleyes:

Barbara
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Cubby,
I can tell you what a dawg:eek: is. They are bigger than us and they are loud and bawking:eek:

They run everywhere and sniff MY apartment out. I make sure they have something to sniff and pee in the laundry basket!

I won't repeat here what my mewomie says because she doesn't use words cats should understand:D

Filou;)

catnapper
11-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Good luck with the introductions! I have faith that Cubby will love his new sister!

DogLover9501
11-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Good Luck :D

Has Gracie been around kitties?

cubby31682
11-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Gracie loves kitties. She loves to sniff them, then the cats at her foster home slaps her around. She will leave them alone for a few minutes and do it again and again and again. If she sees them sleeping on the floor she will lay down next to them and then start sniffing them again. The cats wake up and beat on her little nose and she runs to her cage.. I believe that is what her foster mom told me. So much info going in at once. :D

NoahsMommy
11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Aww! It sounds like Gracie will fit in OK. :)

Will you take pictures for us so we can see the introductions?

catmandu
11-30-2004, 12:44 PM
I hope,and pray,that Cubby,and The New Arrival,can get along,although,with some Dogs,f the Csat runs,they treat it as prey,to be chased! Lets hope,that Cubby,holds his ground!

cubby31682
11-30-2004, 01:09 PM
I have my camera fully charged and ready to go. I of course will be taking pictures of Cubby and Gracie's introduction.

Catmandu, Gracie loves cats. She wants to cuddle up with them and sniff them. She is living with 2 or 3 cats right now. She doesn't like other dogs though. Which is fine we hardly ever have any dogs here, and if there is a problem Gracie can be "sent" to her room for a time out. Cubby doesn't know what hold his ground means. ;) :rolleyes: :p He run right under the bed if he gets scared. Which I believe he will tonight when we get home.

I am leaving in an hour to go and get her though.

P.S. Since Gracie is so use to having 2 or 3 cats, I think I need to talk hubby into getting one more cat. I already have him talked into getting one after Christmas, now what do you think my chances are of talking him into getting two kitties while we are at the shelter? ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by cubby31682

... I think I need to talk hubby into getting one more cat.

... think my chances are of talking him into
getting two kitties while we are at the shelter?

:eek:

I think I'd *pass* on Kat #2 for a while!
Kat #1 is going to need a day or several to "adjust" to the
new Dawggie Arrival - adding a new KAT at the same time may
just a bit too much "strain" for Cubby to accept!