PDA

View Full Version : The Enchanted Forest....pics

Glacier
11-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Today was our first daylight sled run. I've been out a few times in the evenings, but can't take pics then.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/sled_forest.jpg
The dogs are leaders-Pingo & Paxil, Swing dogs-Pacer & Antare, wheel-Raven and Franklin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/sled2.jpg
Both pics are taken in a spot I call the Enchanted Forest. It's one of my favorite places on the planet. This is a little morbid, but my will states that my ashes are to be mixed with my critters' ashes and scattered here and in one other spot along the trail.

The run went fairly well today. Had a little run-in with a Quest musher who tried to overtake us. But no one got hurt or lost their team so all in all not too bad. His dogs (all 14 of them) didn't act any better than mine so I didnt' feel so bad. Quest dogs should be able to blow by my team without even looking up, but his leaders must have been young cuz they stopped to check us out and caused a big tangle.

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2004, 04:40 PM
That is so beautiful! I'll bet you and the dogs had a blast! :)

KYS
11-27-2004, 05:07 PM
I am amazed on how beautiful your pictures are.

petslover
11-27-2004, 05:38 PM
That is prettiest picture! I love it. It looks like a picture that would come out of a book. Its perfect. I need to come to Canada when it snows like that!

joanofark
11-27-2004, 08:06 PM
:eek:That is soooooo pretty... I wish it looked like that here:(

LorraineO
11-27-2004, 08:35 PM
wow,,,, fantastic pics!!!!! Love the snow,, its sooo pretty!!!

Corinna
11-27-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm sooooo jealous. My freind Jeff is booked solid till Jan. and we don't have that much snow yet.

cyber-sibes
11-28-2004, 10:23 PM
OOOOOOO- stunning!!! Really looks magical - lucky you! Lucky huskies! NIce to see your team !

BCBlondie
11-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Wow... how beautiful!!! :eek: :)

Looks like the dogs are lovin' it!! :D

RottiMommy49
11-29-2004, 06:31 AM
I think the scenery is too pretty for words...at least right now. I envy you surrounded by all that beauty and glistening snow, and of course the gorgeous fur kids to enjoy it with. Great pics, thanks for posting them.

You should make a cllander of pics like that and sell them.;)

Send me some pretty snow, ok....pleaseeeeeeeeee
:D :D :D