PDA

View Full Version : Kurby progresses yet more...

K & L
11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Kurby still runs when I try and approach him, though Kevin can sometimes pet him. He's also beginning to play with Mouser:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p7fab6bc527ece994413f48ae01e15d81/f631f96b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p7fc73898b2a6c273ff80b4ceb72f6f8f/f631f965.jpg

Relaxing after wrestling with Mouser:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid147/p317b045356c72472d53d763ccec71b8c/f631f970.jpg

catcrazylady
11-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Wow Lisa! Kurby is looking great! He looks so relaxed and I love the pictures of him wrestling with Mouser. How cute!

Lucky was one of the ferals we brought in and he lived in this house and we never laid a hand on him for 18 months!:eek: He was terrified of us. He had the same look as Kurby and you wouldn't know that he was afraid but he freaked if we tried to touch him. I just left him be and let him do his thing.
Lucky's most favorite thing was dinner time. One night while I was fixing thier food he was pacing with anticipation and as he walked behind me I reached down and started scratching that famous right above the tail spot. He froze! Then it felt so good he couldn't run and fell over!;) :D I continued to scratch and we did this for forever. I was the happiest camper in the world when one night after living with us for over two years he jumped up in my lap!!! Now he likes to make frequent visits to me and hubby and still loves to have that spot scratched.
They sure do it on their own terms and I have no doubt that one of these days Kurby will be a lap cat too.:)

catnapper
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
AWwww. Lisa, he looks fabulous. Of course, charming mouser gets the game going. :D

NoahsMommy
11-20-2004, 10:20 PM
He really does look good. :)

I know that when Kurby sees how kind you and your hubby are, he'll come to you.

Hermie is my little feral girl. She lets us pet her, but ONLY on her terms. I have to walk by her very slowly or she runs. Sometimes, she still runs. We can't pick her up, ever.

She was due for vaccines, so my vet came over to give them to her. David threw a toy into the bathroom while she was hyper and we shut her in there. It took my vet and my tech friend to hold her on the ground for, what, thirty seconds? She was screaming the entire time. :(

Some kitties need lots of time, I guess.

kimlovescats
11-20-2004, 11:08 PM
OH MY GOSH.... he has free run of the house ... just look at him perched up on the sofa like he owns the place! Playing with MOUSER... how FANTASTIC is that!!!???? Awww, thank so much for the wonderful update, Lisa . It is just a matter of time before he is a lovey boy!!!:D

jenluckenbach
11-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Just the fact that Kurby is right out there in the open tells a lot! He isn't cowering UNDER something. With gentle persistant attempts to touch him you will will his trust. And that picture of him and Mouser in a wrestling lock is precious!!

Grace
11-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Maybe this will cure the Mouser problem - he can wrestle with Kurby and expend all that energy. Then you all can get some sleep at night - :)

K & L
11-21-2004, 08:07 AM
You just don't know how thankful we are this guy got a second chance. And to think we were even thinking of putting him down!:( You just never know, and this turned out for the best!:D

jazzcat
11-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I love the pictures of him playing with Mouser. That is great!!!

QueenScoopalot
11-21-2004, 11:32 AM
What great pictures of one comfortable looking Kurby! I wonder if he'd let you get closer to him if you played with a feather wand, or tempted him with some special treats (hand fed). :confused: Mouser is getting huge! :eek: Is mouser a 'keeper' or going out for adoption soon?

catmandu
11-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Three Cheers,for Kurby,and we are happy,to see Kurby,and Mouser,are curling together!

K & L
11-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
What great pictures of one comfortable looking Kurby! I wonder if he'd let you get closer to him if you played with a feather wand, or tempted him with some special treats (hand fed). :confused: Mouser is getting huge! :eek: Is mouser a 'keeper' or going out for adoption soon?

Mouser is a definite keeper! Yes, we're working with Kurby with treats etc. I'm sure with time he'll be letting us pet him on a regular basis. Seems he gets more and more comfortable everyday!

prechrswife
11-21-2004, 12:55 PM
This is great news! Kurby is doing so well since his surgery. He looks like he is settling into the comforts of indoor life.

rg_girlca
11-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh gosh, Kurby is such a gorgeous boy. Thank goodness I don't live close to you.

I agree with the others that it will be only a matter of time before he will let you pet him.

The picture with Mouser is so cute.:)

Barbara
11-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Kurby and Mouser having fun - that's what I call progress. And I suppose some wrestling games make Mouser tired for the night - a good thing, isn't it?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Oh Lisa, I completely missed this in all the "excitement" with Tubby! How wonderful that Kurby is playing!! And with that adorable little Mouser too - what great and heartwarming pictures. :D I knew he was worth saving. :D

In the second pic, it really looks like he's killing poor Mouser. But I'm sure Mouser asked for every bit of what he's getting. :D