PDA

View Full Version : There has to be SOME reason people live in Cali

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
....dog people that is! Yesterday my husband and I were running errands....we saw three dogs in the Home Depot and a dog in a furniture store!

I'm trying to decide whether Eddie or Edwina will want to go to the store with me???? :confused: :confused:

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Perhaps the E's would like a canine brother/sister? :) (I have to admit that Kona wouldn't recommend that, though--she thinks that Oreo is much too loud and fast!)

guster girl
10-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Wow, in a furniture store? That's cool! I know most Home Depots allow dogs, but, a furniture store? I've heard that about California, though, I'm hoping to visit soon!

dukedogsmom
10-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I would LOVE to be able to take Duke everywhere with me. If I didn't need money, I'd opt just to stay with him. But, gotta earn money for all those dog bones. I heard Carmel CA was very dog friendly, even have a dog beach.

bckrazy
10-19-2004, 01:16 AM
hm.. up in the valley, there aren't a ton of dog-friendly places. About 2 or 3 dog cafes that I know of, and most of the stores dont allow dogs. it not very hip up here. However, Gonzy used to *always* hang out at Dimple Records with us, because my friend Danny works there :D and people were amused by the mohawk dog. In bay area, and la and san diego, I know there are tons of doggy places... its fun!!

BCBlondie
10-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy
hm.. up in the valley, there aren't a ton of dog-friendly places. About 2 or 3 dog cafes that I know of, and most of the stores dont allow dogs. it not very hip up here. However, Gonzy used to *always* hang out at Dimple Records with us, because my friend Danny works there :D and people were amused by the mohawk dog. In bay area, and la and san diego, I know there are tons of doggy places... its fun!!
Yup!
There are also soooo many dog parks. Just off the top of my head, I can think of 4 dog parks in my area... one of them being just 3 blocks down my street. :D

lovemyshiba
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
How fun!!

Friends of mine visited San Diego last year and said dogs were everywhere!!! They even went to a dog beach just to see them all play!!

guster girl
10-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Don't all the Home Depots allow dogs? That's what someone told me a couple of months ago....not just California.....hmmm....now I wonder!

cali
10-19-2004, 12:44 PM
lol around here very very few places allow dogs, BUT any store will allow a small dog or puppy that is being carried, so for example you just got a puppy and need to go to the store but your puppy cant stay in the care by itself you are allowed to bring the puppy so long as you are carrying it. I did see a little white dog in the video store the other day though lol

caseysmom
10-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I don't know of many stores besides petsmart but the local jamba juice does have a water dish outside for the doggies.

BCBlondie
10-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Don't all the Home Depots allow dogs? That's what someone told me a couple of months ago....not just California.....hmmm....now I wonder!
I tried to walk in a Home Depot near my house with Megan and my mom (mom wanted to look at flowers), and this guy standing near the entrance was like: "No pets allowed." :mad: :(
I guess it depends on the place.

We also have a doggie beach here (well, quite a few actually)! :)

guster girl
10-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Oh, wow. I guess I'll have to just go and see what they say! :)