PDA

View Full Version : my reward!

lute
10-16-2004, 12:58 PM
i'm crying so hard right now because i worked so hard on saving this dog and i got the greatest reward for my work....

Hi

I just wanted to thank you for trying so relentlessly to save Macey. I made a special trip back to get her just because you were so passionate about her.

You were right, she's an amazing dog. Everyone who meets her loves her. When I picked her up from the vet after her spay the techs were upset that she was leaving.

She was adopted last Sunday by a wonderful couple who adopted a young Great Dane mix from us about 6 months ago. They came in looking for a puppy but fell in love with Macey. The man was laying on the floor of our dog room with her and when they left he was carrying her like a baby(he's a big guy). She will be in doggie day care 3 hours a day and they are going to look into making her a therapy dog because we all think she would be perfect for it. I cried when she was leaving and so did they. I told them about you and how you were the reason I saved her. Without you I never would have known about her and she would have died. She's a great dog and that would have been a terrible tragedy. We also took 26 others from Terre Haute who owe their lives to you.

If you would like, give me your address and I will send you updates with pictures of Macey.

Never forget to fight for the animals, they need you.

Thank you again,
Susan
Helping Paws

isn't that wonderful!!!

sammy101
10-16-2004, 05:23 PM
thats wonderful!!!:D im glad that she found her forever home,and a couple that obviously loves her very much:D :)

lizbud
10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Lute,

You did a wonderful job in helping Macey find her forever
family. You should be very proud & happy. Congrats.:)

LorraineO
10-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Lute rocks!! so happy to hear a good story for once!!! YAY!:D

robinh
10-17-2004, 04:38 PM
That is just what makes working in a shelter so worthwhile. You did a FANTASTIC job - you should be so proud of yourself. You made a difference.

YEAH LUTE!!!!

lute
10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
thanks everyone!:D
this is actually just the boost i needed. since i moved to nashville i havn't been working too hard on trying to get animals adopted. now that i know that my hard works actually gets something done. i'm gonna go back to doin it.

Lexie

Sudilar
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Lute, you are an ANGEL!!!! You have made a difference and lives are saved because of YOU!!!!!! Woohooo!!!! Keep up the great work!

mugsy
10-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I would like to add that because of lute's posts on here, I found some rescues to take Terre Haute dogs and those rescues are still pulling from there. Thanks lute!! You are inadvertantly responsible for more than you know being saved!

Great story!!! Keep up the good work.

lute
10-20-2004, 01:22 PM
thanks mugsy! you have done your fair share of getting all kinds of animals safe too.:D