PDA

View Full Version : could this be a bug bite??

sammy101
10-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Kodie has a little bump on his back,and i have no idea what it is..i cant take a pic of it b/c its under his fur,but ill try to take one later.
its hard to describe but i'll try,it feels a little bit swollen around it,and it tooks like either one hole or 2 small holes.and i was cleaning it last night with a wet kleenex,and blood kept on coming out..but its not gushing or anything.It looks like a spider bite to me??he's had it for about a week now,im not worried about it but im still wondering what it might be?? When i touch it,it doesnt hurt him or anything,and its not itchy,so i dont know??

dukedogsmom
10-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Duke's got a cyst near his tail that was like that. You need to take him to the vet to make sure it's nothing bad. Duke's was bleeding, too but then he was scratching at it.

snappy
10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Have a vet check it out - could be a bug bite, or an ingrown hair, aka zit :eek:

sammy101
10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
He's due for shots soon anyways.So we'll get him to check it out! Thanks!

a zit??:eek: lol

dogxpress
10-02-2004, 08:24 PM
I would have a vet check it out. Could be an abcess or cyst. Best not to take chances.

sammy101
10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
well today it seemed to have scabbed over,but it still feels swollen or its still a bump,but if it doesnt go away soon then we'll take him to the vet before his shots.