PDA

View Full Version : Sure glad it wasn't a pay phone!

RICHARD
09-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Dog saves heart attack owner

A man who suffered a heart attack while alone in his house, was saved when his dog got him the phone so he could call for help.

The man, named only as Aurel C, from Focsani, said he felt sick and fell before he could get to his phone.

But the National newspaper says his nine-year-old German Shepherd saved his life.

The victim told the paper: "I was getting ready to go to bed when I felt an awful claw in my chest and fell on the floor. I tried to get the phone in the other room but had no power to move.

"With my last strength I told the dog 'fetch the phone Max' and like in a dream I saw him snatching the phone from the wall and bringing it under my nose.

"I called the ambulance and woke up at the hospital. I can't wait to go back home to my Max."

---------------------------------------------------------

That explains some of the strange charges on the phone bill.
;)

sabies
09-24-2004, 06:55 PM
That's a great story. I don't know if Sadie could figure out what I meant by "phone". Max must be a smart dog.

DogLover9501
09-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Wow :eek:

Twisterdog
09-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by sabies
That's a great story. I don't know if Sadie could figure out what I meant by "phone". Max must be a smart dog.

Yeah, no kidding. If I said that to my dogs, they'd probably bring a bone or a tennis ball and drop it on my head. :rolleyes:

K9karen
09-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Hmm.. I just tested Logan... who always goes to where my cell phone is ringing (she likes the "Can Can" ring)
Told John to call me, he did, I laid on the floor, told Logan to get Karen's phone, and yep, got a lovely squeakie toy (her fave from Souraya) dropped on my head..!
I sure hope I'm not in a critical situation! :rolleyes: Hey look! It's playtime! Yipee!

dukedogsmom
09-25-2004, 07:01 AM
That is a smart dog! K9karen, nice to be hearing from you again. That is so funny! Duke would probably bring me a rawhide :)

pitc9
09-25-2004, 07:04 AM
I'm sure I would have a chewed up tennis ball next to me instead of the phone!

Corinna
09-25-2004, 07:33 AM
While reading this story i wondered since it appears he was an older man ,was Max a trained compaion dog. They can be taught to "fetch" certain items for their owners. its an area I would like to try training a pet for.