PDA

View Full Version : So Upset

bsherman
09-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Today is my day to vent, there is approx 30 pictures on the front page of the Ottawa Citizen Newspaper of the most beautiful Golden Retreivers. Some young and some white faced, all removed from a womans home. Malnuouristed and covered in grime. They left her with 25, WHY? I am so upset everytime I look at that page my heart sinks and I could just cry. Anyone who can hurt animals needs to be put away. They can't talk for themselves, some one has to talk for them. I know our newspaper put the pictures there so they can find homes for them, but what about the ones left with her. I can't beleive it, but with the publisity I am sure that would last long. I am hurting today for all the beautiful furbabies.

Tonya
09-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Poor things! Twenty five dogs is waaaaay to many unless she has a HUGE ranch. I agree, if she mistreated the dogs, they ALL should be taken away. How sad. :(

bsherman
09-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Here is the reason she keeps 25, she's a breeder and she did not abuse them, she neglected them. They found plasic bread wrappers in their pooh, she didnt even feed them right, she gave them bread in the wrapper, beets and who knows what else. Some have bite marks because they were in such close quarters. I call that abuse. She can keep 25 but has to get them to a vet for checkup. 15 had to be distroyed, they were really bad biters and inbred. The article says they will be hard to find homes for because of problems they can see already in these poor babies. I just get sicker the more I think about it

Tonya
09-21-2004, 10:59 AM
That's horrible. If she was to lazy to even remove the bread from the wrapper, those are not pets to her. Those are profit. There is no reason why they should be with her. You should write a letter to the newspaper. If you have a link, I'll write one too.

When I got Sarah, she was in a bad breeder's house that was getting shut down. The lady had swarms of poms and yorkies inside the house. And I caught a glimpse of *I think* dobies in a bunch of kennels out back. The conditions were sickening. I was upset that they didn't take the dogs right away. I think they gave her like 30 days to rehome them before they were going to take them. Until the minute I left, she was trying to make money off of me. She had no intention of properly rehoming those dogs. She was going to try and sell as many as she could before they were taken away.

bsherman
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
I'll try for the newspapers site a little later on, its so busy I can't get a link.

Logan
09-21-2004, 11:26 AM
This is so sad, and unfortunately, not uncommon. :( We had a similar situation with a bunch of Golden Retrievers in NC just last year. Our rescue group stepped in and saved a lot of them, but 7 had died in their kennels before anyone got to them. :(

I will keep those Golden beauties in my prayers.

Logan

bsherman
09-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Here is an email address for the paper is
[email protected]
Please email all you want, this is to the editor and the article title was "57 Malnourished dogs rescued"

K9soul
09-21-2004, 02:15 PM
That's so heartbreaking. They should have taken every last dog away from that woman. How can people treat another living creature like that? :(

puppyluvs
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
That makes me so Madddddddddddddddd !!!!!!!! Why would they leave those 25 Whyyyyyyyyyyyy ?????????? :mad:

kingrattus
09-21-2004, 08:22 PM
I WANT TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the people working on this case.

The dogs could not be removed at that time becasue they were healthy & fine. BUT!!! They r being removed soon,just moer paperwork & Larry will take the dogs away. Remember there r rules & laws to fallow too. Brian (Larry's son & my friend) & Larry r both upset they couldn't take the dogs ASAP, but they well, don't worry.

I made a post about the WHOLE story, with phots, links & everything.

I have been waiting ALL day to post this.

sabies
09-21-2004, 08:50 PM
It certainly sounds like abuse to me. That is so sad.

kingrattus
09-21-2004, 10:00 PM
They were abused & the lady is gonna be charged

bsherman
09-22-2004, 06:10 AM
Charges are pending and some good news today is that the Society who went in to rescue the dogs says that the pups who can go will have families to go to. Over 200 hundred calls yesterday, they say their phone was ringing off the hook. I do know the newspaper put the article with all the pups pictures in hope that people would come forward to adopt or give donations for the vet bills and keep of these beautiful animals. The township is trying to pass a bylaw to permit by law enforcement to be able to check on Kennels in the jurisdiction. So maybe this wouldn't happen there again. I know the lady would not let anyone on site to see. If 14 dogs had to be put down I don't think they were healthy, no vet wants to do that and it must have been very hard. The pictures on television last night showed some animals who were still covered in pooh and getting their baths and grooming. Just breaks my heart when someone thinks they are doing the best thing but can't see what is right for the animals.

tatsxxx11
09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh no:( 14 lost:( And YES, neglect IS abuse!!! How can anyone think otherwise!!! How can anyone subject living creatures to such horrors and live with themselves:(:(:( We are only as good as we treat the most vulnerable among us. Shame on her!!! Bless their beautiful Golden souls. I hope and pray the remaining pups find some happiness and love. Kennels, puppy mills should ALL be licensed and subject to inspection by the Board of Health and Animal Control. I hope this person receives the appropriate punnishment!

kingrattus
09-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Once her name is given out, I'm sure some animal lovers in Smiths Falls with fix her, & I've quite sure it'll happen too. Smiths Falls residents r known to take the law into their own hands & several go insane when animals or kids r involved.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see her house burnt to the ground.

Smiths Falls has been the most dangerous & crime ridden pleace to live in ALL of Canada for over 30 some years. There was only 1 year where it was second, cause montauge had several bad teens setting car fires more often then Smiths Falls. BUT Smiths Falls LOVES & RESPECTS their animals. L.A.W.S. is well cared for by such a small area. & many people from Ottawa & other cities adopt dogs from there.

I just hope I can go there this weekend. If I cannot work with the goldens, there r many other dogs that need walks, training & attention too. I stay out of the cat room, I got walking phemonia (sp) from being in there 3 hours at a time, 2 times a week (weekends). I was stuck on a chair for 2 months & could go anywhere except potty that was 3 feet away... Its also quite deadly, the more u move the faster u drown. So I work with dogs only (they r outside).

kingrattus
09-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know the lady's name??

My comp TV isn't set up yet, so I cannot watch any tv