PDA

View Full Version : The brightest spot of my day is gone

Howie's Mama
08-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Cat Friends,

I am devastated with the loss of my beloved cat Hugo. I had to bury my best friend last night after he was hit by a car. Unfortunately, when Hugo spotted another cat he became singularly focused and had to immediately go over to it. I know cat lovers always post comments about keeping cats indoors, but both my cats had been in/outdoor cats when I got them and they would have been depressed and miserable if deprived of their yard, sunshine, bugs, and mouse catching. My boys would come in every night and sleep curled up on either side of me.

I found Hugo at the animal shelter a year ago after he had wandered off from his previous home and ended up there. He was talkative and incredibly affectionate and had more personality in his little body than is imaginable. Everyone that met him adored him.

I feel like my heart has been ripped out and can't imagine life without him. He was the brightest spot of my day everyday and lit up a room with his personality and charm. I wish that by writing this and telling everyone about him it would somehow bring him back. The pain is so overwhelming and I'm not sure that in time it will ever lessen.

Thanks for the shoulder, fellow cat lovers =^..^=

momoffuzzyfaces
08-29-2004, 03:03 PM
(((HUGS)))
I'm so sorry. I know how losing Hugo must rip your heart out. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

catlover4ever
08-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is and the pain seems like it will never go away but have faith, it will get better. Time heals all wounds. I know it probally seems like "that's easy for her to say" but I have been in your shoes too. Hugo will always be by your side now. He is playing with my babies Tony and Tobias over the Rainbow Bridge.

{{{{hugs}}}} know that we are all here for you. --- Meg

Karen
08-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh, dear. You have our sincerest condolences. Poor Hugo, and poor you! But we know he's at the Rainbow Bridge now, probably mooching treats from some of the cat-loving folks who have gone on before us. Again, our condolences.

Cataholic
08-29-2004, 05:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Hugo. RIP, dear kitty. You were much loved here on earth.

jenluckenbach
08-29-2004, 06:02 PM
I am so sorry that you had to lose Hugo to such an untimely death :(

gr8whtshark
08-29-2004, 08:56 PM
susan
iam so sorry for your loss,hugo sounds like such a doll,iam owned by eight cats,and four of them are indoor/outdoor,i found most of them as strays,some cats dont like being cooped up
you are in my prayers,i know the pain of losing babies,my sweet ozzie died on march13th of this year,then my furry soulmate rocky went missing july 14th,i have hope he will come home to me,thats what keeps me going
again iam so sorry for your loss,
GOD BLESS
tricia

catmandu
08-30-2004, 09:16 AM
We are soory,to hear about Hugo,who is now in The Pet Angel Army,as The Found Cat Angels,are showing him the ropes! RIP Dear Hugo,you are so missed!

Laura's Babies
08-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I know that HAD to have ripped your heart out. Poor Hugo. At least he had a home and knew he was loved. So many don't have that...

RIP HUGO! Find Chynna, Penny and Sambo and play with them, they will show you around at RB until you get use to it there.

slick
08-31-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm so so sorry I did not see this thread before now. Your heart must be breaking and I wish I had the words to comfort you. Please know that Hugo is now happy and healthy at the RB and sends down his love to you.

RIP Hugo and watch for Casper and OJ. They would love to be your friends.