PDA

View Full Version : Morning excitement (happy ending)

Cincy'sMom
07-12-2004, 09:31 AM
This morning I had just gotten out of bed, let the dogs out and started to brush my teeth when the phone rang…never a good sign at 6:45 am. One friend of ours is house/dog sitting for another friend, who lives just down the street from us while they are on vacation. He put their 9-year-old black lab, Shadow, outside, on her chain, inside the fence and went back in the house. A few minutes later, when he checked on her, she was gone!! She had crawled under the snow fencing, gotten off her chain, and busted through the wood fence.

I woke Ralph up and we both headed down there. The three of us split up and started driving around the neighborhood. Ralph even headed over to the house Shadow grew up in, and I went to the dance studio our friend owns. Nothing. Finally, after I was already ½ hour late to work, I decided I needed to go home and get ready for work. Ralph stuck around a bit longer to help look.

About 15 minutes after I got to work, I got another call. The friend who is dog sitting was calling to say a man just called and had found a dog, and she was limping a little. He was on his way over with her. A few minutes later the phone rang again…Shadow is home!!! She may have strained her leg a little either breaking through the fence on her journey, but she is safe at home!! She had gotten about 2 miles and was headed in the direction of her old house. But she had her tags on and made it home safe.

Even though he’ll probably never see it, just wanted to say a word of thanks to the man who stopped for a stray dog and wish him blessings in return.

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-12-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm glad Shadow got home safely and I hope her leg heals soon. Silly pup!

Cinder & Smoke
07-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

... when the phone rang…

never a good sign at 6:45 am.

:eek:
WOW! What a way to start the week!

Thanks to EVERYONE involved in the Search & Rescue!

anna_66
07-12-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Shadow got home safely thanks to a stranger. Not too many people would do that:D

RobiLee
07-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Glad it had a happy ending.

Shadow, No more running away, you here?

Robin :)

Cincy'sMom
07-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Glad it had a happy ending.

Shadow, No more running away, you here?

Robin :)

Ralph said when he got homethis morning, he had a chat with our dogs, and told them never to run away. I hope they listen ;)

captain
07-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Thank goodness!

Never underestimate the help of dog loving strangers ............ :D

shais_mom
07-12-2004, 11:28 PM
That was very kind of the man to bring her home!!
Such an exciting morning you had!!!
:eek:
Glad all is well tho!