PDA

View Full Version : Great Cat Toy

rhonni
12-05-2001, 04:06 PM
I got this great new cat toy at Petsmart a few weeks ago! My cats are nuts about it!! Its called a Kitty Caster. It's kinda like a fishing rod and you throw out the tow that is hooked to the end of a string and then you press a button and it reels it back in. My fat oreo manx loves it and starts crying when I put it away

thelmalu99
12-05-2001, 04:21 PM
Sounds great! I'll have to look for that. Thanks, Rhonni!

lbaker
12-06-2001, 06:14 AM
Sounds like just the thing for my "hefty" :rolleyes: ol' girl but the dogs would probably want to take over :D Worth a try though :D
laurie

cr7clark
12-06-2001, 06:58 AM
The Kitty Caster is a great toy. I have a similar toy that Bo loves, it's a feather on a string attached to a pole. I don't have the "reel" but when I pull on the pole, the feather drags the floor and Bo pounces away!

catwoman
12-06-2001, 02:19 PM
If your kitty likes the Kitter Caster, he/she might also like a cloth measuring tape that retracts. Mine love "theirs." :rolleyes:

tuxluvr
12-06-2001, 06:24 PM
I tried the feather on the pole toy - within 30 seconds the feather was ripped off the end :confused:

catwoman
12-07-2001, 10:25 AM
tuxluvr,

Next time, try the pole with multiple detachable dangle toys (they have them at PetSmart.) When one toy is "dead," you can just put on another ...

catwoman

cr7clark
12-10-2001, 09:02 AM
Catwoman, I have the "replaceable" toy and it's wonderful. Bo tends to shred anything with fur on it, so I can replace the furry ends as often as needed.

tuxluvr
12-15-2001, 04:11 PM
Thanks catwoman! Perhaps a Christmas toy for Ritz! She just devoured one of the furry mice tails today---I didn't catch her soon enough...

ILOVECINDER
12-18-2001, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by rhonni:
<STRONG>My fat oreo manx loves it and starts crying when I put it away</STRONG>

lol :D i will look for that, too @ petsmart yes, maybe it will be a christmas gift for cinder! i wouldn't want her to get coal this year...

-love 4 cinder-

Sarah Murray-White
01-11-2002, 04:24 AM
Hi Rhonni,

I have the no-frills version of this for my cats. Its a cardboard tube left over from a roll of Christmas paper and a wooden clothespeg on a longish piece of string. I dnagle the clothespeg down through the tube and let the cats chase it and grab at it while I pull the string to make the peg disappear back into the tube and reappear.

I don't think we have Petsmart over here so this is a make-do effort!

My other "keep them happy" while I'm busy ploy is to tie to my apron a piece of string with the tatty old remains of the tail from a toy mouse. Then the cats chase happily round after me while I do the housework. This is a lot of fun as long as you don't mind being stalked and pounced on while doing the washing up :)