PDA

View Full Version : Look who we saw.....

PayItForward
02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
.....leaving the cathouse.

He is black & white but he is NOT Big Daddy.

http://www.piftails.com/images/CatHouseInUse1.jpg

http://www.piftails.com/images/CatHouseInUse2.jpg

We don't recognise him (?), he must be new to the neighbourhood.

He could be a pet, stray or feral...no idea yet, though he doesn't have a collar on.

I wonder if he has used the cat house before ?

Well, if we see him again, we'll keep you posted.

PS. The blue & white thing under the cathouse is a self filling water bowl.

Killearn Kitties
02-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Oh what a sweetie. You've obviously become a cat magnet! Did he look like a stray or just an opportunistic pet?:D

Has Big Daddy been about at all?

leslie flenner
02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Well that's cool! Put down some nip sometime to see if he'll stick around long enough for you to assess his disposition! Could be a relative of big daddy?

catcrazylady
02-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Wow! What a beautiful face!!! He is a looker!!

PayItForward
02-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Oh what a sweetie. You've obviously become a cat magnet! Did he look like a stray or just an opportunistic pet?:D

Has Big Daddy been about at all?

I wouldn't like to guess about new cats status yet...
If he hangs around a lot, I'll pick him up and get him scanned for a chip but he might just be a pet cat sheltering from the bad weather. Though people who chuck their cats out in bad weather don't deserve to own cats.

I have only seen Big Daddy once ,as I left for work last week. He walked past my car as I drove off but I have been working hard and away with work recently.

Originally posted by leslie flenner
Well that's cool! Put down some nip sometime to see if he'll stick around long enough for you to assess his disposition! Could be a relative of big daddy?

Catnip in the garden !!! I would have my seven and probually every domestic for miles in the garden. ;)

I never thought about that new cat might be related to Big Daddy. Mummy Fleur who we rehomed last year, had a least one other litter before we knew about her. But we could not find them. This cat could be one of her first litter if he is about 2 years old.

Originally posted by catcrazylady
Wow! What a beautiful face!!! He is a looker!!
Yes, He is a sweetie

leslie flenner
02-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I meant only a tablespoon or so! but then again, what's wrong with attracting all the cats from miles around?! you may be able to start something special! I'm kidding!

PayItForward
02-06-2004, 02:18 PM
I meant only a tablespoon or so! but then again, what's wrong with attracting all the cats from miles around?! you may be able to start something special! I'm kidding!
LOL..I was only joking with you. :D

It is a good idea, IF he comes around again, I will try catnip to tempt him to hang for a while.

leslie flenner
02-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I know you were joking! What's the weather like there right now? Looks to be pretty nice? When I was 17, I was in London and Cornwall, where are you in relation to the two areas? Cornwall was beautiful- I camped with other teens (from a brit school) in the country side. (Off topic, sorry) good luck with identifying this guy!

PayItForward
02-06-2004, 02:33 PM
I know you were joking! What's the weather like there right now? Looks to be pretty nice? When I was 17, I was in London and Cornwall, where are you in relation to the two areas? Cornwall was beautiful- I camped with other teens (from a brit school) in the country side. (Off topic, sorry) good luck with identifying this guy!

London is very south and a bit east.
Cornwall is very south and very west.

I live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire which is north (just before Scotland) and west.

But we travel to London for museums and for conference with work.

Weather wise we have a wet, cold and windy day, typical English weather.

catlover4ever
02-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, isn't it nice to see that someone is getting use out of the shelter. He/she looked right at home.

CatDad
02-06-2004, 07:45 PM
I bet you were happy to see te shelter being used. He looks sweet. good luck with him/her.:)

trayi52
02-06-2004, 07:51 PM
I agree with Bryan and catlover4ever, I bet you are glad the shelter is being used. It looks to be a pretty good looking shelter too.

Willie

QueenScoopalot
02-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Handsome lookin' feline enjoying the palace. Do you get rain in the area? I get the impression you don't as the front is so open! Keep us updated on all the surprises that come through the kitty palace.:D :D :D

Steffi N
02-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Your visitor looks very handsome. The cats are very lucky to have such a shelter. I hope Big Daddy shows up soon.