PDA

View Full Version : Nameless and Homeless...

DJFyrewolf36
01-02-2004, 11:52 AM
This is kind of out there but hear me out...
I worked at a pet store for about three months (I'm not naming the store for legality purposes...don't want to be accused of slander or anything). In that time I saw a lot of little critters depart from this living world of ours. Mostly hamsters and the like but fish as well. I did my job and acted like it didn't bother me but it really did. My coworkers (save for one) really were uncaring...since these critters were nameless and didn't have a home. I'm posting this as kind of a Memorial to all those little guys who never got the chance to be loved and I hope they all go to Heaven where they'll get the love they deserve. Rest in peace, because even though you didn't have a name doesn't mean that no one cares.

Karen
01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Sad but true.

Thank you for sharing. Maybe when they die, they get to heaven to be the pet of a child who always wanted one but was never allowed. I can hope, anyway.

slick
01-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Sad but true.

Thank you for sharing. Maybe when they die, they get to heaven to be the pet of a child who always wanted one but was never allowed. I can hope, anyway.
Oh God Karen you just brought tears to my eyes :( :( :(

A very lovely tribute DJF, thanks for posting and reminding us all about the forgotten ones.

DJFyrewolf36
01-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Thanks guys....

Working at the pet store was hardest because I couldn't take everyone home and care for them better than the store would allow me to....It hurts...Im glad I got laid off!

Julie Grove
01-04-2004, 05:27 AM
I think it is very important not to forget all those animals that never had anyone to love them. My heart breaks when I think of it. I lit a candle at Christmas for them and I think I shall do the same whenever I light one for my Gigi.

anna_66
01-11-2004, 10:05 PM
What a wonderful thing for you to do. I can't even imagine what it would be like working there.

DJFyrewolf36
01-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Update:
I posted in Pet General but in case you don't go there....
My old boss was fired for sexual harasment *of the cashiers, not the animals although with him....:rolleyes: *
At least SOME pretense of justice was served