PDA

View Full Version : Upsetting morning

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-09-2003, 01:17 AM
This morning on the freeway I was doing around 80 MPH, and I noticed something "flapping" underneath the car in front of me. (I thought is was a plastic bag or some other rubbish). Next thing, the "rubbish" works loose and comes flying out from under the car. Except it wasn't rubbish, it was a kitten :( . I couldn't swerve in time, and actually drove OVER it (but it passed between the wheels of my car, thank God). By the time I had managed to stop and reverse back (this is a 4-lane freeway during morning rush-hour), the kitty had somehow managed to make its way to the median, and jumped down into a drainage ditch. I grabbed an old towel and a box out the car (I always keep these items in the car in case I need to do a rescue), and went running after it. Luckily once it had jumped into the ditch (around 5ft deep) it couldn't climb back out, so I just climbed over the barrier and ran along parallel to it. Eventually (almost half a mile from where I left my car), I came across some construction workers heading towards me. They managed to climb into the ditch and capture it for me.

I took it to the shelter, but it was too badly injured, and had to be PTS.

I am glad that God placed me in the right place at the right time to help this little one (as it could have survived in pain for several days), but I wish I could get it's little face out of my mind, and lift the heaviness that hangs over me right now.

Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, little one. You are safe now.

popcornbird
12-09-2003, 01:20 AM
How so very sad! :( :( :( The story just brought tears to my eyes. Poor little kitten. :( I'm glad you were there to help it in the last hours of its life. Rest in Peace little kitten. :(

Poor thing.

:(

Karen
12-09-2003, 07:12 AM
You were there to help the poor kitten during its last moments. You were there to care. Thank you, and the construction workers, this little angel did not leave Earth unnoticed.

catlover4ever
12-09-2003, 08:57 AM
God does put us in particular places for a reason. Thank you so much for caring to go back for this poor baby.

Killearn Kitties
12-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Oh poor baby. Rest in peace little one. It must have been very upsetting for you, but I'm so glad you were there.

ramanth
12-09-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry you had to experience such a heartbreaking thing, but I'm glad you were there for that little kitten. *HUGS*

Logan
12-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Oh, Julie, thank you for "being there" in this kitten's time of need. And thanks also to those construction workers who helped you get to her.

I am so sorry as I know your heart is breaking, but I know that the kitten felt love, real love, from you. That makes a huge difference in the long run. You are the best. :)

sirrahbed
12-09-2003, 01:22 PM
How heartbreaking! I would still be crying! I am just glad to heat that this little one died with some notice and dignity - but still so very sad!:(

jenluckenbach
12-09-2003, 06:20 PM
As I sit here with a small kitten on my lap that has been saved from certain death in this weekend's snow storm, I cry for the kitten who could not be saved.:( And even though I am so sorry that you had to witness this tragedy, I am glad that you WERE there to ease the little one's trip to the rainbow bridge. {{{HUIGS}}} to you Julie

slick
12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I just can't think of the right words to say :( :( :(

CatDad
12-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Julie all I can really say is thank you for being there for a kitty that needed you. It may have passed to the rainbow bridge, but it did so with someone that cared about it. That counts for alot, bless you.

A big hug for you:
{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}

trayi52
12-09-2003, 09:47 PM
That had to be scary, I mean I was scared while I was reading your post.

At least you tried to save its life, you have to feel proud of yourself for that. Give yourself a big pat on the back for me, because you deserve it. :)

How brave of you to stop, and make the effort, you saved it from suffering, and now it is at rainbow bridge.:)

Tray

krazyaboutkatz
12-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Julie all I can really say is thank you for being there for a kitty that needed you. It may have passed to the rainbow bridge, but it did so with someone that cared about it. That counts for alot, bless you.

A big hug for you:
{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}} Very well said Bryan. Ditto for me too.

captain
12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Oh Julie :(

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
Bryan said it best for me too .........

Lorraine
12-10-2003, 07:31 PM
How sad. Bless you for your caring heart.
Rest in Peace little one.