PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sara is back at the shelter!!

moosmom
12-06-2003, 03:38 PM
I was at the shelter this morning to clip nails, schmooze with the kitties, etc. The foster mama brought in Baby Sara and her roomie because they were "wild" kids at her place. I ran into the nursery and there was my baby!!!

Since the front page story about how overloaded the Dearborn Animal Shelter is, they've been inundated with adoptions!! This is GOOD news!

Baby Sara has to have a couple of tests done then she and her roomie will be placed up for adoption. If she does NOT get adopted, which I believe is highly unlikely, I will then put in to foster her. She has gotten SO big!! :D I was in the nursery with her in my arms dancing around with her. I didn't realize how much I missed this little girl!!

I'll let you know how she makes out.

rg_girlca
12-06-2003, 04:24 PM
You sound so happy to see your baby again. Prayers on the way that she gets adopted into a loving, caring forever home.

jenluckenbach
12-06-2003, 05:35 PM
I thought she was adopted (not fostered).....memory problems so I was worried when I saw the title of the thread.
I am glad you got to see her and best of luck to her in finding a wonderful new home.

catcrazylady
12-06-2003, 07:36 PM
How could anyone not want baby Sara??!! Prayers that she will find a new loving home quickly. I'm glad you got to visit with her though. http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

moosmom
12-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Jen,

Actually there is nothing wrong with your memory. The foster mom was supposed to adopt her but found that she couldn't handle a kitten's wild side. Besides, since the article appeared in the Detroit Free Press, the shelter has been inundated with adoptions of cats (a real GOOD thing). She felt it was best to return her to the shelter because she has a VERY good chance of getting a furrrrrever home. So, don't feel bad, you're not losing your mind.

CatDad
12-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought that I was losing it too. Of course, I really am.;)

Keep us updated on what happens.:)

jenluckenbach
12-07-2003, 05:46 AM
PFEW..What a reilief (for my memory:rolleyes: )

Here's hoping that she gets that home VERY soon!

PayItForward
12-07-2003, 06:50 AM
It is good that she recognises she can't deal with those kittens and I am pleased they have a good chance of being adopted.

I just hope that women realises that all kittens are wild (completely loveable but still wild). I hope she looks to adopt an older cat next time. Fingers crossed.

ramanth
12-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Hoping Baby Sara finds a new home soon! :D

lizbud
12-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Wow, Don't mean to be critical of the lady, but couldn't
handle "a kitty's wild side". What's that mean? Did Baby Sara
start hanging out with a bad crowd, max out the lady's credit cards? LOL. Geeze, that's when they show what crazy characters they can be. LOL. :D :D

p.s. Glad to hear the good news about adoptions at the Shelter.:)

moosmom
12-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Lizbud,

LOL *snort*. I thought maybe Baby Sara borrowed the car without asking!! :D :D

slick
12-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Lizbud,

LOL *snort*. I thought maybe Baby Sara borrowed the car without asking!! :D :D

:D :D Or maybe got a nose ring......

Logan
12-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Media attention is so good!!! I just wish there was more of it!!!

sirrahbed
12-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, not to defend the lady - but when we adopted Emily and Eliot in April - we had never had kittens before - let alone two!! So it WAS a wild (but fun!) ride. The kittens we fostered were sick ones and that was long ago. Kittens are double trouble over real babies and toddlers. I thought I was going nuts at times!! I was afraid to go to the bathroom - of course they were usually in there WITH me. I never knew just how wild kittens could be. Of course it was all just normal baby behavior, but it was very new to me!! Thankfully, I was home all day and had no more kids in the house, so I could devote my time to caring for these maniacs:D Sometimes it felt like I had a dozen kittens in the house!

moosmom
12-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Good news!!!!

I went to the Dearborn Animal Shelter Christmas dinner tonight. I found out that not only did Baby Sara get a home, but so did her roomie, Pixie!!!!

This is wonderful news!! I also found out that a female tux named Nikki got a home as well.

Because of all the media attention a total of 50 cats got furrrever homes!!!

Here's to a wonderful new year for all the precious furbabies that have gotten new homes!!

kimlovescats
12-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Great news!!! Baby Sara and her roomie were adopted!!!! :D

CatDad
12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
WOOHOO!!!!

I am so happy to hear that Sara was adopted, and that she has a friend to make the transition with her.:D

Doing a little happy dance for Sara, Pixie, and all of the other kitties.:)

jenluckenbach
12-12-2003, 04:07 AM
This is indeed GREAT news. And a total of 50, that's FANTASIC!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
This is indeed GREAT news. And a total of 50, that's FANTASIC!!

That's exactly what I was thinking, Jen! 50 - wow! Bring on the media....or as Edwina prefers to call them, the papparazzi (sp?). :D