>The Local animal control contacted me yesterday to inform me that they
have a
>3 year old Blk & tan AKC reg Male German shepherd. Who is Scheduled to
be put
>to sleep on Friday. He is a large very nice looking dog. His owner
had to
>turn him in because she lived in a trailer park and he was over their
size
>limit. Anyone interested please feel free to contact me in private.
>

tatsxxx11
01-01-2002, 04:44 PM
Oh Sue, WHY would they give this beautiful, young dog so short a time to be adopted???? I will cross post your message on all the rescue sites I know of. Bless this beautiful boy. Love to you Sue, Shiloh and Killi. Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
01-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Sandra, I contacted Chicagoland Shepherd Rescue and they may be able to help out. I may volunteer to be a foster home, if they need me in this case. I don't know how Shiloh will react though, she is my main concern. She DOES NOT like all other dogs, just certain ones.
Thanks for sending out the plea. Maybe someone can save this dog. :( I'll keep you posted if I find out anything. Sandra, you are the best!!
Love, Killi, Shi and Sue

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

AdoreMyDogs
01-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Hi Sue,

If you are not able to foster this GSD, or they can't find anyone who would foster him, I may be able to, considering he is not extremely dog dominant and they will do fosters out of state. I have driven to IN before and it was not too bad of a drive. Should I send an email to the email that was in the original post ([email protected])? Let me know if you would like me to send an email, or if it's not necessary. :)

Sudilar
01-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Leslie, Yes, if you would like to volunteer (I don't know what it involves exactly) to foster, try to contact
[email protected]
I haven't heard anything more from him or Chicagoland yet and I've been waiting. I am nervous because time is of the essence! Thanks, Sue

Sudilar
01-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Got an e-mail this morning that the owners picked up the GSD. I hope that this is good news. At least he won't be put to sleep! :) Thank you, Leslie, for volunteering to help out this guy! You are the best!

tatsxxx11
01-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh, thank goodness!!!!! Thank you so much Sue and Leslie for jumping in to help this beauty creature! :) Shy Shi, you're off the hook for now!! :D Lots of love to Killi and Graham too!

mugsy
01-03-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm glad to hear he is going to be alright (we hope). I was lurking on this one because I was so upset because I knew we couldn't take him and I wanted to. Sue, can you keep us up to date if you hear anything else?

Logan
01-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Wonder what the deal is with the owners, Sue? Where in the world is she keeping him? Well, I'm glad his life has been spared, and I hope someone will take him in very soon.

Thank goodness he got out of there in time.

Logan

AdoreMyDogs
01-03-2002, 07:16 PM
I am glad the doggie has a home, and I hope it's better then it seems like it would be :(

I am sure the owner had to really love the dog if she ended up taking her dog out of that aweful shelter.

Sudilar
01-03-2002, 09:31 PM
I also received an e-mail from the GSD rescue lady in IL saying that she received an e-mail saying that the dog was placed. My e-mail said that the owners came for him. HMMMM?? Well, maybe the owners got permission to keep him. I guess we may never know.

Stenograsaurus
01-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Hopefully the owner moved to a place where she could keep him. I'd hate to see the poor thing have to go through this again.