PDA

View Full Version : Gordy

dogsitter111654301
12-06-2001, 06:59 PM
Hi I am 16 years old and I am asking for anyone to help me rescue a 3 year old yellow lab. I want to adopt it but do not have enough money. Will someone please help me? :(

aly
12-06-2001, 10:39 PM
Hi Erika!

How wonderful that you want to rescue a dog. You must have a heart of gold! Do you mind me asking how old you are? Maybe you could talk to your parents about it? If you don't have enough money for the adoption fee, will you have enough for vet bills, food, and supplies? That is just something to consider before you go through with the adoption.

Best of luck to you! Keep us updated :)

tatsxxx11
12-07-2001, 06:12 AM
Aly asked you the same questions I was about to. I think you are a very special young person to try and help this labbie. I have a 3 year old lab myself, and so your story especially touched my heart. But your willingness to try to help a rescue, no matter what breed, is such a wonderfully loving act. Please let us know a little more so we can try to help you, OK?

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

dogsitter111654301
12-07-2001, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>Hi Erika!

How wonderful that you want to rescue a dog. You must have a heart of gold! Do you mind me asking how old you are? Maybe you could talk to your parents about it? If you don't have enough money for the adoption fee, will you have enough for vet bills, food, and supplies? That is just something to consider before you go through with the adoption.

Best of luck to you! Keep us updated :)</STRONG>

Well what I want to do is adopt it and then I will find a very loving home for it. I just want to get it out of the shelter.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-07-2001, 07:02 AM
Erika, I think what you are trying to do is very noble and kind. But do you already have a home for it? What if you do come up with enough money to adopt it, but can not find a suitable home for the puppster. Then you will be faced with taking care of it and caring for a dog can be pricey. Unless you have ahome for the Lab already, I wouldn't adopt him. I know how hard it is to see the animals at the shelter. I volunteer at the local Humane Society and I know how you feel about wanting to rescue the dog. I go through that every week, twice! What is this Lab's story? Is he in danger at the Shelter (ie will be put down if not adopted)?

If he is, then you can contact a Lab Rescue Group and see if they will take Gordy.

I would love to help you, Erika. But I do not want to see you bite off more than you can chew. Please let me know the whole story with Gordy.

Here are some Rescue Group Listing in WI.

Wisconsin

Labrador Education and Rescue Network (L.E.A.R.N.) (covers Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin)
(847) 289-PETS (7387)

Madison, Central and South Central WI
Deb Hamele (608) 273-0172 [email protected]

Northeast Wisconsin
Packerdogs Lab Rescue
Cathy Davey
Green Bay, North and Northeastern WI
June (920) 468-7963 or (920) 336-3930

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Souraya ]

Logan
12-07-2001, 07:59 AM
Souraya, you said exactly what I wanted to say. Quickly contact the lab rescue groups and let them know exactly where she is. They'll go get her if they are truly into rescuing Labs. Many of the breed related rescue groups check the pounds and animal control facilities weekly, just to see if there is "anyone" there to get out.

Good luck. I hope you can help by notifying one or all of these groups. You will have done a great deed!! :)

tatsxxx11
12-07-2001, 09:23 AM
Here's the link to Lab Rescue. What a sweet, big heart you have. So many of us know exactly how you feel. Maybe you could foster the Labbie through Lab Rescue pending an adoption, if it's OK with your parents? Please let us know, OK? Here's the link to the national Lab Rescue org. From there, you can hook up with your local branch. Hoping for a happy outcome!http://www.labrescue.com/

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

slleipnir
12-07-2001, 03:37 PM
Erika, I agree with Souraya, if you can't find a home then they can become pricey. I pay a fortune on my Lab! You never know though, shes always sick with something..or a ear infection or what not..it is very nice of you for what you want to do, but just think of it in case you can't find a good home and she happens to get sick :[