View Full Version : Help spaying a feral cat community

kuhio98
09-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Can anyone help me out with this? I met a very nice couple online (Dolly and Ray). They live in Arkansas and have lovingly taken on a feral cat community of over 20 cats.

They have been working to get them shots and spayed/neutered out of their own pocket which is taxing their budget.

Does anyone know of any organizations or grant programs that can help with this?

Thumbs up to Dolly and Ray for taking this on instead of just calling the pound to haul them away! :)

PayItForward
09-13-2003, 07:23 PM
I can't help but I'm sure one of our resident experts on ferrals will post.
All the best.

moosmom
09-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I know that somewhere there's a low cost spay/neuter organization. Where are they located??? If I know this, I can find it in their area.

I'll be neutering the goofy male that kept going into the trap I set for my baby Eli who was on the loose for 5 days after fall out of my living room window.

Let me know where they're located and I'll get you a link.

kuhio98
09-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Ray and Dolly live in Elm Springs, Arkansas -- kinda northwest Arkansas from what I can see on the map.

I'm in Alaska so I'm not much help and they don't want to ask for donations from folks yet -- they are looking for an organization that can help them out.

Any advice would be appreciated it. Ray and Dolly haven't visited this board yet, but I'll pass on anything you can think of.

Thanks, Lisa

Russian Blue
09-14-2003, 08:25 PM
Check here for spay/neuter resources and other info on feral management!

http://www.savesamoa.org

Click on the Spay/Neuter button located on the left hand side of the page.

;)

kuhio98
09-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks, I've forwarded the information to Ray and Dolly. One of the places listed in Arkansas is a place in the town of Rogers which turns out to be close to where they live. But, the link no longer works. Dolly plans on looking them up in the phone book to see if they are still in business.

K & L
09-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Have them call 1-800-248-7729, this is Spay USA line that will give them the nearest low-cost clinic near them. Also have them check on http://www.alleycat.org/ to see if there are any organizations in their area that can help them out. I don't know of any organizations that help with donating money. We've been doing this for about 4 years now, all out of our pocket. We do work with a local organization that gets us discount prices on spay/neuter but that's about it. Hats off to them!