PDA

View Full Version : Purina Incredible Dog Challenge

Logan
10-27-2001, 04:11 PM
Quick!! I just happened to see this wonderful agility trial on USA Network. If you have cable, tune in. I just finished watching the "small" dogs on agility. The "diving" dogs are next!! Think I'll get to see some labs??????? It's 5:05 here in SC. Hope some of you get to enjoy this.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-27-2001, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Logan!!! I'm watching it right now!

LabLover & Sadie*

ktreva52
10-27-2001, 07:24 PM
Rats, no cable. Why do they have to put all the good shows on cable????? Did any Jack Russell Terriers do any good?

aly
10-27-2001, 08:44 PM
There's a website where you can watch 3 clips and fill out a short survey. Then they'll send you a free calander. I watched the video clips a couple days ago. They were great!

Logan
10-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Oh Chris, you should have seen them! I'm sure there is a name for the exercise they did, but they were in a box with a front cover on it, all seperated, sort of like when horses are getting ready to race. They chased a fake fox tail and raced through a little opening at the other end of the field I'm doing a terrible job describing this :o . But anyway, they were precious. And I saw one Jack Russell go through the small dog agility. He was like lightening!

My favorite part that I was able to watch was the frisbee or disc competition. The Australian Shephard that won that was phenominal.

The whole thing was exciting, and I so wished that Honey would have been able to enjoy agility. She would have been excellent!

Anyway, that's my report! :D :D :D

auggie
10-27-2001, 09:43 PM
Logan, I went to the Texas State frisbee Championship Competition Today. It was so much fun. There was this cute Jack Russel, and a beautiful Greyhound looking mixed Breed, GSD and Belgian Shepherd and of course the amazing Border Collies and Australian Shepherds.
To bad I missed the Show on USA. Is it going to be back on?

Daisy's Mom
10-27-2001, 09:55 PM
Grrrrrrrr I missed it! Sounds like it was a good show! I love watching things like that.

Logan
10-27-2001, 10:09 PM
I have no idea if they will show it again, but I think I will check out Purina's website to try and catch the parts that I missed, and get that free calandar too! We have loved our Purina Celebrity wall calandar this year! :D

Auggie, I'm very envious. I would love to watch one of those competitions in person. That Australian Shepherd that won today was from Texas, and only two years old. His name was Nick and he was wonderful!

Logan
10-27-2001, 10:58 PM
Ok, I found the tv schedule at their website. I think today was the second time they had shown it, and they didn't have any other times listed after today. :( But the winners and a lot of the information is listed at www.dogchow.com (http://www.dogchow.com) . And I actually saw some footage from some of the preliminary events at www.purina.com (http://www.purina.com) . I can't remember where I went from there, but I'm sure you are all bright enough to figure it out! LOL! :D

I did find at www.dogchow.com, (http://www.dogchow.com,) the order form for the Celebrity Cat and Dog wall calandars. I went ahead and made my $10 donation to get one of each. All proceeds go to benefit the Tony LaRussa Pet Fund. I now know that you can read more about that at http://www.tlr-arf.org/ . I learn something new everyday!! :p

ShepherdLover
10-28-2001, 03:00 PM
Oh darn!!! I'm missed it! I would've loved it! I doubt that you would've seen a lab though, they're not to popular in agility.

If I knew about it, I probably could've had someone tape it for me! I'm going to go see the results now!

Logan
10-28-2001, 03:46 PM
Hi Becky!! The labs were in the diving competition only...and of course, I missed it!! It looks like the diving winner was a Golden Retriever though!! :D :D :D I saw a replay of one of the regional finals on the website and there were labs and Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. It is almost like a human long jump. Literally, the throwing dummy is tossed and that dog leaps out over a pool of water to retrieve it. The winner yesterday, the Golden, went 25 feet!!