PDA

View Full Version : 15 WOLVES!

TollSettFK
10-26-2001, 07:03 PM
I know someone who has and trained 15 wolves! 15!!!!! He says that once they get a taste of blood he has to get rid of them. I think the fact that he has 15 wolves is amazing!

lizbud
10-26-2001, 07:22 PM
Trained them to do what???

mugsy
10-26-2001, 07:59 PM
That's actually too bad. Wolves are meant to be wild and live in packs. I hate to see people who try to train them to be pets. My question is what does he do with the animals if they taste blood? I certainly hope he doesn't put them down for something he's done.

delidog
10-28-2001, 07:28 PM
mugsy....i agree!!!!!! the deli dog

Rottie
10-31-2001, 12:59 PM
I don't think wolves should be treated as "pets". But I don't see anything wrong with training them, if that's what you're into.

purrley
10-31-2001, 01:04 PM
I'm with Lizbud - trained them to do what?
Train them to stay wild and free I hope!!!!!

wolflady
10-31-2001, 01:24 PM
Yeah, just curious, trained them to do what?? Does this person have a rescue?? Why would he have to get rid of them if they taste blood? Being wolves, it's part of their natural diet. When I was working at Wolf Park in Battle Ground, IN we fed our wolves a high protein diet which included ground meat and occasionally fresh road kill was brought to us, so no doubt the wolves there tasted blood. :confused:

Logan
10-31-2001, 02:59 PM
15 wolves is amazing!! I hope you don't feel "attacked" by everyone's concern about what he's doing with the wolves.

Maybe you can provide more detail and put everyone at ease. At least I hope it will put everyone at ease :eek: . I'm teasing, we look forward to learning more about your friend. :)

ilovehounds
11-01-2001, 08:54 AM
Wow 15 wolves :eek: it's hard enough for me to train two hounds :D well hard to train Copper anyway ;)

Does he train them for t.v apperances ?? that would be neat to hear about.

Isn't it once they get the taste of blood they crave it and will do anything to taste it again ??