PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY AND PEACEFUL THANKSGIVING

jackiesdaisy1935
11-19-2001, 11:49 AM
Just came in to say that I hope everybody has a Happy and Peaceful Thanksgiving. After cooking dinner for 40 years I decided to pass the torch to one of the kids, but in this modern age no one wants to cook so we are going out, not happy about that, but at least we will all be together. Hope your families are too.
I think we should all reflect at this time and think of what we are most thankful for.

For me, I am thankful that our whole family can be together, that I have Perry and Daisy to love, and Don and I have 40 years together and that this Country is still strong, dedicated, and the best in the world.

http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/pilgrims.gif

Golden Smiles
11-19-2001, 12:34 PM
:D Jackie, you gave me goosebumps!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful and peaceful holiday too! Thanks God for family(furfamily too),friends and freedom. Let's all say a prayer for our military, who will not be with their family this year, and who are laying their lives on the line for our country. Happy holiday, and PEACE ON EARTH

carrie
11-19-2001, 05:13 PM
A Happy Thanksgiving to all of you on the other side of the pond!
May it be peaceful, joyful and filled with love.
We will not forget, nor do we wish to, the events of this year. It is another gift to us from those that lost their lives that we will all see our families and friends more clearly in times of celebration.

sammi
11-19-2001, 05:20 PM
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! Do you give your pets a special treat for T. Day? (Not necessary to have people type food)? What about you - what do you like to eat for Turkey Day?
We have gone out to eat several times on Thanksgiving. It can be more relaxing but also miss the good smells and no leftovers!

SimbaTWonderDog
11-19-2001, 06:21 PM
I LOOOOOOOVE My father's deep fried turkey!
My dad always does the turkey and my mom does the rest... we always have a bunch of people over including my grandma's malteses!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-19-2001, 07:30 PM
KayAnn I have heard of frying turkey in a deep, deep fryer but never tried it. Maybe you can tell us how your Dad does it.
That's nice that you have your Grandparents over and their pups too. After dinner we are going to our Son Frank's house and Perry and Daisy are going too so they can play with their cousins Rocky and Sunny. Daisy gets so excited because when we drive up the driveway she recognizes the house and she cries in this very deep voice. He has a large grassy fenced in yard and they run, and run and have a great time. Sometimes tries to get the oranges off the tree.
Jackie

aly
11-19-2001, 10:19 PM
I love to hear about Daisy's antics :) That would be so cute to see her try to get oranges off a tree.

Everyone take pictures of your holiday!!

I don't usually buy my pets anything for Thanksgiving specifically, but I do buy them things every time I'm within a 5 mile radius of the pet store :rolleyes: The dogs will get a little leftover turkey that my dad picks off the bones for them. I always offer it to Shiloh but she sniffs it then tries to bury it on the kitchen floor :eek:

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]

*LabLoverKEB*
11-19-2001, 10:32 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!! I hope you all have a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving! ;)

Sarah & Sadie*

Albea
11-20-2001, 12:44 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERY TWO AND FOUR-LEGGED FRIEND IN THIS BOARD!
One of the things I'm grateful for, besides family and health, is this site where I found so many friends who share my love for animals.
Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday.

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Albea ]

11-20-2001, 02:47 PM
Howdy Folks,

Here's wish you and yours all the best for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

The Hoocher Smoocher and I will be celebrating our 1st Thanksgiving together. I will be making a small bird for us (sure would like to try that deep fried thing) and I will be setting a place for the Smoocher and myself at my dining room table.

Enjoy ya'll

thelmalu99
11-20-2001, 03:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my human friends and fur friends here at Pet Talk!
May God bless you and your families always. :)

kobieeli
11-20-2001, 03:44 PM
Happy Turkey Day to all! It's my favorite holiday--what could be better than being with family, eating, and watching football? Considering the amount of table scraps Kobie and Eli get on Thanksgiving, it's probably their favorite holiday too...

Have a safe and happy one, everybody. :)

sammi
11-20-2001, 03:47 PM
Buddy Boy will get a small taste of turkey. Myself I like the dressing and cranberries about the best. Of course I like the pie and baked buns and the fruit salads and yeah gotta have sweet potatoes.

lizbud
11-20-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey, don't forget the mashed potatoes &
gravy and the green bean casserole !!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY !!!

I'm thankful for finding such a group of
caring people on Pet Talk ....

Logan
11-20-2001, 05:34 PM
We have lots and lots to be thankful for this year, especially. Honey, Lilly and I will be going to Grandmama's house for Thanksgiving, leaving tomorrow evening, and coming right back home on Thanksgiving night. Such is the life of a banker......no day after Thanksgiving off!! :D

Jackie, thank you for starting this message. It has been a pleasure for me to get to know each and every one of you this past year. I wish only the best for all of you, and hope that you all have a blessed holiday, whatever you're doing. :) I am truly thankful for each of you.

Logan

11-20-2001, 06:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I wish you all the best and hope you all have a wonderful day. Kisses and hugs to all of your furbabies :D!

Don't get trampled if you plan to shop the next day! It's a tradition I happily AVOID! I will actually be ice skating the "day after"! I can't wait! I just hope everyone else is at the malls so the rink is empty :)

shais_mom
11-21-2001, 01:09 AM
Happy ThanksGiving to all of my PetTalk Family. Skin and Fur!!
Keegan's special treat is she will get to go on a road trip to my parent's and play with my nephews. Kylie gets the peace and quiet of staying home alone. I am sure they will each enjoy it immensely.

mugsy
11-21-2001, 07:29 AM
Hi all!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!! I know as far as the deep frying turkey thing...by the way,it's yummy...you can get the deep fryers just about anywhere now. I've seen them in the Target and Walmart ads even! Jackie, I think it's wonderful that you have been married for 40 years. I hope Mike and I make it that long, but then I can't imagine being with anyone else, so I bet we will. My parents have been married for 52 years, so I have a good example to follow. I know going out to dinner isn't the same, but just think, no clean up and you have more time to enjoy the family!

All the best wishes for everyone both 2 and 4 legged on this very special Thanksgiving...this year it seems like it is just a little more important.

gini
11-21-2001, 12:44 PM
I posted on the Cat General, but want to add my own wishes to everyone for a very Happy Thanksgiving.

We have so much to be grateful for - and we always have - but it seems to be a very poignant thought in particular this year.

Have a great day, filled with fun, food, love and laughter.

Gini

tatsxxx11
11-21-2001, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone! Wanted to wish all of my wonderful Pet Talk buddies, human and furry, a very wonderful, happy and most of all, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving, surrounded by loving friends and family. I feel so grateful to consider you all my "friends" and appreciate every day I share with this wonderful, extended family. Bless you all. And a special prayer of love and thanksgiving to our fur kids, who give us such love, devotion and joy, every day of the year. Now there's something to be thankful for! Love to you all, Sandra, Cody, Star, Mr. B., Oliver and Squeekers.

Daisy's Mom
11-21-2001, 08:20 PM
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Daisy gets a huge gigantic plate of leftovers brought back to her! I go to my cousin's house... it's quite a long trip... 50 feet! We have about 40 relatives and we are all happy and HUNGRY! We have a blast. I hope everyone else has a great day too!