PDA

View Full Version : Local Humane Society setting up new TNR program

lotsocats
06-18-2003, 04:19 PM
I want to start out by saying what a great group of rescuers there are here at Pet Talk. It makes me happy to see so many people involved in rescuing cats! :)

I am on the Board of Directors of our local Humane Society. Another board member and I have convinced the group to begin a TNR program for the city. We have the first colony selected and are now working to find which of the local vets will give us a discount for neutering, vaccinations, and other care. I am so excited!

Right now, I have a very small feral colony I care for (only six cats) in addition to my 6 indoor cats. The colony the Humane Scoiety will adopt has about 20 cats, so it will be a much bigger undertaking than what I'm used to.

Any advice on working with a larger colony will be appreciated!

K & L
06-18-2003, 04:25 PM
OMG!!! That's excellent!!! Go to http://www.alleycat.org/
They have all kinds of suggestions/help to offer for people starting rescue groups!! YIPPEE for your Humane Society....and YOU! Keep us posted.

jenluckenbach
06-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Welcome and congratulations and good luck with the feral project. This is an area I have no experience, but I wanted to tell you how woderful to know there are people out there working with these animals.
(I would call K & L our resident expert on the subject) with many others who can offer you advice. Hope to read more about your kitties.