PDA

View Full Version : fostering cats

marysmerrycats
06-02-2003, 01:19 PM
I don't know how you all do that. I tried a couple times, no good at it.

the extra work,a nd the getting attached, I think you deserve a trophy!

Jen
thanks for your help, the nice things you said, I appreciate the help!

jenluckenbach
06-02-2003, 01:35 PM
:D

slick
06-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
I don't know how you all do that. I tried a couple times, no good at it. the extra work,a nd the getting attached, I think you deserve a trophy!

Ditto! To all those who rescue and foster, you are heros in my eyes.

marysmerrycats
06-02-2003, 04:02 PM
how do you find homes for the kitty cats?

IttyBittyKitty
06-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Because I want to foster one day myself ... siameserescue.org who Rose fosters for help you out. I think there might be a chapter here in Australia :)

I know the RSPCA assists with foster parents to help place their babies. In many cases, people who foster for the RSPCA do so until the pet is ready to be sold to the public.

Maybe some of the foster mums out there can answer that question? :)

Uabassoon
06-02-2003, 05:06 PM
In Tucson A.R.F. and F.A.I.R. have foster programs. My friends fostered from F.A.I.R. and all the supplies were paid for, once a week he would take them kittens to Petsmart until they all got adopted.

marysmerrycats
06-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Cookie came from f.a.i.r, and Emma and Lousie from a.r.f,...thats right, I rememeber that about arf, now, they go to petsmart.

but how do you know who is good to adopt out to? I guess they would help with that too...I remember when I first signed up to foster Em and Lu, they told me about bringing them to petsmart. I never could do it, put them back in a cage,t hinking of them going to live somewhere else.

L. Wayne
06-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Tamara, there are several Siamese rescue groups in the 'states. I found one today who has volunteer groups in Kansas, Texas, Virginia, and Calif. They have photos and write ups about their meezers contained in their web sites. Apparently, they scan the various web sites for meezers, and take them in.

I have often thought about fostering furkids but I havn't gotten around to doing it. However it is like it was said, it will be difficult not to get attached.

..............wayne

jenluckenbach
06-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
how do you find homes for the kitty cats?
The best thing (I think) is to foster through an organization. That is what I am doing. It is a privately started no-kill shelter and those "in charge" make all those decisions. I would not want to have to decide who is good and who is not. Evaluating people is not my strong point, raising cats is.