PDA

View Full Version : happy endings

carole
04-25-2003, 04:48 PM
i almost forgot to tell you of my successful rescue of 'misty', some time ago before i had sooti, only ash then, i had just returned home from town shopping, was shutting our gate, when in the large tree beside it i heard these pitiful miaows. on investigating i found a gorgeous healthy, black and white kitten, i took her in and decided to look after her until we could get the cats protection league to take her, at that time i was never going to have more than one cat HO HUM, well to cut a long story short, i rang the spca and put it on the radio, incase the owner was looking for her, thank goodness i did, because a lady rang up asked about the kitten and its markings, had very distinctive markings, and came around to c, yes it was her sons misty, she was looking after it while they were away on holiday, so she was so relieved to have found her.
It turned out Misty had traveled from another suburb quite a distance for a young cat, we think possibly someone had put her in a car for a joy ride and dumped her here, we will never know. she was far too young to be left, and i was annoyed the owners did this. but i know they did adore her, and were very thankful for her return, i was handsomely rewarded with chocolates and box of choccy biscuits.
It turned out Misty's owners had a hairdressing salon, so she was super friendly as she was used to customers ooh and ahhing over her all day.
I still have their ph no i must find out how she is, so it was a happy ending for once. i know now if misty had not found a home she would have been with me for sure, i could and would not have been able to part with her, as she was another sweetie.

IttyBittyKitty
04-26-2003, 12:16 AM
It's always good to see a kitty re-united with their family as a lot of the kitties at the animal shelters are simply pet cats who have lost their way ... the same thing happened to one of my Mum's cats but she came home safe n' sound!

moosmom
04-26-2003, 07:27 AM
Carole,

What a wonderful ending! I have a similar story.

While working at the newspaper in Ct, a reporter friend of mine said she found a cat (a beautiful adult tiger with a white bib and white paws) underneath her car. She took her home and tried to find out if she belonged to someone in her condo complex. There were no replies to her flyers. She asked me if I could foster her. I of course, said yes!

She was the most wonderful cat. Very loving and affectionate. The first thing I did was take her to my vet for a check-up. The vet took one look at her claws (we thought she was declawed!!) and said that her claws were worn way down, and that was an indication that she had traveled a long way on foot! No wonder no one responded to the flyers!

I put a flyer up on the newspaper bulletin board asking if someone could give her a home. She is now living with my former editor, his wife and their three girls. Tinkerbell is the most pampered, spoiled cat in the history of the free world. That is except for MY cats ;). She travels to their vacation home in New Hampshire with them. Those kind of endings make me feel REAL good!

smokey the elder
04-26-2003, 07:55 AM
I have a feral named Dax who I've had since last July. I can't tame her and she has to go into a colony. One of our volunteers has offered to trade me weanling kittens for Dax! Oh, twist my arm.:p There will be pictures, I promise!

slick
04-26-2003, 12:03 PM
So nice to get on to PT and see some happy news. How relieved the owners must be. You are a very special person to take the initiative that you did. Some people here would have patted kitty's head and said "there, there, now. run along". Congrats.

And Smokey, can hardly wait to see kitty pictures.